India after Rohit & Kohli

On 6/17/2022 at 7:43 PM, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Rohit and Kohli are superstars based on their international exploits, unfortunately rest of the current batters have barely done anything in International cricket. Pant is an exception but still early days in his international Career.

Rohit:

• 2007 World T20 winner

• 2013 Champions Trophy winner

• Highest Individual ODI score (264)

• Most double hundreds in ODI Cricket (3)

• Most hundreds in T20 Internationals (4)

• Most Sixes for India in all international cricket

Kohli:

• 2011 World Cup Winner

• 2013 Champions Trophy winner

• Great batting 2nd record in ODI and T20 

• Averaging nearly over 50 in all 3 formats 

• Best Indian Test Captain

• 70 International Hundreds (3rd Overall)

Loli:  2011 WC winner?   :hysterical: His batting avg was barely 35.  Lived upto his reputation of choking in the KOs. Performed against only the minnows and associates.  Sucked balls in the SF against Poyz and then sucked again in the Final vs SL.      Sachin, Gambhir and Yuvi had much higher batting average in the 2011 WC.   Yuvi was Man of the series. And let's not forget Raina single-handedly saved us against poyz in the SF. 

Kohli is a massive choker in ODI World Cups and that is why I won't put him ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting and AB de Villiers in ODIs.

He hasn't even been among the top run scorers in any of the three World cups he has played and the only half decent knock he has got is in 2011 WC Final which was a 30 odd knock.

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

Rohit is an all time great in LOIs and a good test opener and a five times IPL trophy winner. Hence, he has achieved the superstar tag.

Pant hasn't achieved the superstar tag yet. His LOI career has been nothing to write about. In Tests, he has done well but had shown his share of inconsistency and is more restricted to playing good knocks in specific conditions instead of all conditions. He is not a superstar yet so we shouldn't be calling him a superstar this early. However, what I can definitely agree is that he is ahead of the other names that I put in that list and that is thanks to what he did in 2020 Australia series.

I still matain what I wrote... what did rohit achieve at 24? was he a "superstar" then? this (stupid) label is usually conferred quite late in the career for most people (unless one is sacchu or lara)

10 hours ago, Vijy said:

I still matain what I wrote... what did rohit achieve at 24? was he a "superstar" then? this (stupid) label is usually conferred quite late in the career for most people (unless one is sacchu or lara)

I didn't said that Rohit was a superstar 10 years ago. But my point is that we should call anyone a superstar only after becomes one. In a similar manner, we should call anyone a legend only after he becomes one.

It should not be like oh look, he is ahead of Rohit or Kohli at age of 24 so he is already a superstar and a legend. 

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

I didn't said that Rohit was a superstar 10 years ago. But my point is that we should call anyone a superstar only after becomes one. In a similar manner, we should call anyone a legend only after he becomes one.

It should not be like oh look, he is ahead of Rohit or Kohli at age of 24 so he is already a superstar and a legend. 

he is not a superstar or legend now. however, by the same token, it is unfair to compare him with players who are 10 years ahead in their career and have already achieved their peaks.

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

he is not a superstar or legend now. however, by the same token, it is unfair to compare him with players who are 10 years ahead in their career and have already achieved their peaks.

He already managed to achieve more in tests than rat face and rohitaa combined. 

We will be so much better without these 2 old farts. I am 100% sure we are winning either the odi WC or wtc next time. Once these 2 retire, we will win the new gen provided we see no more superstar culture. Enough of that ****. They ain't gods. Get over it. Stop sucking up to stars and movie stars in particular. India needs to rid themselves of this mentality. Falling at the feet of these worthless scams who don't in all honestly give a rat's behind about you. 

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

In that case, you just need to go back to my first post and what my point is there. A lot of these Indian youngsters do think they are superstars already which they need to tone themselves down to as their performances hasn't been at that level to think of them as superstars already. For Pant, this was also w.r.t what he did as captain for Delhi Capitals. Those behaviours are not acceptable at this level.

Edited by Majestic
2 hours ago, Majestic said:

In that case, you just need to go back to my first post and what my point is there. A lot of these Indian youngsters do think they are superstars already which they need to tone themselves down to as their performances hasn't been at that level to think of them as superstars already. For Pant, this was also w.r.t what he did as captain for Delhi Capitals. Those behaviours are not acceptable at this level.

Kohli was very brattish - some might even say entitled - all the way up to his late 20s/early 30s (even in early stages). So was Ricky Ponting, even though he took a few years to hit his peak since his debut.

I don't like this behavior from any generation (and I agree with you on that), but what matters is that they produce the results - which Ponting & Kohli did do consistently. Hence, this will be the only metric that matters in the end.

Edited by Vijy