Draupadi Murmu - Next President of India

ravishingravi

On 6/22/2022 at 9:02 AM, speedheat said:

Congratulations to her!

Unlike puppet covind i hope she will stand up to Fenkuveer and his rash decisions whenever necessary.

Sadly, the President"s role is just ceremonial and rubber stamp like. Hosting visiting dignitaries, serving them chai biskoot in fine china, hosting lavish lunches and dinners, toeing the (ruling) party line, quietly going home after the 5 year jig is up. That's it in a nutshell. The only notable Presidential intervention I can recall is Abul Kalam advising Sonia about the constitutional hurdle in her path to become PM, after being alerted by Subramanian Swami.

Presidents used to get 2 terms and the VP used to become the next President. Now even that is gone. Who in their right mind aspires to be a side kick with no chance to reach the highest position? It has become politically expedient to "promote" incovenient political leaders into vice presidency to finish off their political career. Pranab Mukherjee, and then Venkayya Naidu in recent times have suffered this fate. I would rather see a tribal person become a minister for tribal welfare at the central level than be a convenient rubber stamp. 

Edited by nevada

33 minutes ago, nevada said:

Sadly, the President"s role is just ceremonial and rubber stamp like. Hosting visiting dignitaries, serving them chai biskoot in fine china, hosting lavish lunches and dinners, toeing the (ruling) party line, quietly going home after the 5 year jig is up. That's it in a nutshell. The only notable Presidential intervention I can recall is Abul Kalam advising Sonia about the constitutional hurdle in her path to become CM, after being alerted by Subramanian Swami.

Presidents used to get 2 terms and the VP used to become the next President. Now even that is gone. Who in their right mind aspires to be a side kick with no chance to reach the highest position? It has become politically expedient to "promote" incovenient political leaders into vice presidency to finish off their political career. Pranab Mukherjee, and then Venkayya Naidu in recent times have suffered this fate. I would rather see a tribal person become a minister for tribal welfare at the central level than be a convenient rubber stamp. 

Well sàid . In 1984 a Sikh was president when Delhi riots happened. His own car was attacked and thousands were killed while he couldn't do anything. Any congress MLA was powerful than him at that time 

11 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Why havent they been killing hindus? they have killed more hindus than the other way round,even leading upto 84 they were doing it.It's when they killed indira gandhi that congress got pissed,and you know you dont piss off congress because then no one will come to save you ,unlike bjp.

Are you referring to killings of Hindus by Sikhs in Punjab during peak Khalistan movement prior to Indira Gandhi's assassination?  

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

You want to say that Sikh mobs killed 4000 Hindu recently ?

I have heard stories about hindus being pulled out of buses and made to stand in line and then shot....before the 84 riots. 

84 was horrible....and so was the sikh terrorism .

2 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Why havent they been killing hindus? they have killed more hindus than the other way round,even leading upto 84 they were doing it.It's when they killed indira gandhi that congress got pissed,and you know you dont piss off congress because then no one will come to save you ,unlike bjp.

Please answer my question. Is the situation under Modi became so horrible that 4-5000 Hindu's are killed by sikhs

1 hour ago, beetle said:

I have heard stories about hindus being pulled out of buses and made to stand in line and then shot....before the 84 riots. 

84 was horrible....and so was the sikh terrorism .

Read multi4b 's comment , he said Sikhs had been rioting killing under Modi government.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

As a kid I remember TV news channel's doing now stop bhangra when Pratibha Patil became President & that turned out well:pepsi:..  Let's hope she doesn't go that way.  Pranab & Kovind did their job with dignity. 

Pratibha Patil was IG’s cook and maid (not that there’s anything wrong with that) who stole crores worth of equipment when she vacated the Presidential palace after her term. . Draupadi is more of a ground leader, MLA , Governor and a community activist to compare the two. Covind (as one ICF poster keeps referring him to here) was instrumental in the Presdential role in the abrogation of A-370 that we should all be remembering him as his legacy. 

35 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Adhir Ranjan Chaudhary mocks the President ’Rashtrapatni’. This is really shameful.

All for Sonia

The term Rashtrapati should be banned altogether...  A President should be called either Mr or Madam President.   Sexist & Pronoun brigade may won't like it though. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

The term Rashtrapati should be banned altogether...  A President should be called either Mr or Madam President.   Sexist & Pronoun brigade may won't like it though. 

It is a gender agnostic word. It is like people asking for banning words like Mankind or HuManity. The Pati in Rashtrapati doesn’t mean he is the Husband of the nation. It means a leader or ruler. Just like Governor which is also gender agnostic. If there is a woman in that post, we don’t call it Governess! 

Edited by coffee_rules