Sarfaraz Khan

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Which IPL dada was chosen in test cricket.

At that time, I had Shreyas Iyer, Pant, KL, Pandya in mind. We want popular names even in Test cricket. Badrinath, Nair,  were  sidelined . None of the Ranji dadas like Baba bros, etc are talked about. But we have Project Raina/Yuvraj etc. Finally Rohit came good, how many domestic 100s do you know of Rohit?  In India, fast tracking from U-19 WC to Test cricket is easier than Ranji toil to Test cricket. Even Pujara is a U-19 WC product . Very few like Vihari, how many here in ICF prefer Iyer over Vihari? Tell me.

I am not saying Vihari deserves selection. But even, back in the day VVSL and Dravid had to fight for Test spots because they were not ODI stars

Edited by coffee_rules
4 hours ago, express bowling said:

One good thing about Sarfraz is that he has all the shots in the book.

Front foot drives

Back foot drives

Cuts

Late cuts

Flicks

Sweeps

Pulls

Ramp shots 

He's being killing it for some time now in domestic cricket. I hope it's not just fitness that he's not even getting a look in for the test team at a time when we are not exactly having an embarrassment of batting riches. 

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

At that time, I had Shreyas Iyer, Pant, KL, Pandya in mind. We want popular names even in Test cricket. Badrinath, Nair,  were  sidelined . None of the Ranji dadas like Baba bros, etc are talked about. But we have Project Raina/Yuvraj etc. Finally Rohit came good, how many domestic 100s do you know of Rohit?  In India, fast tracking from U-19 WC to Test cricket is easier than Ranji toil to Test cricket. Even Pujara is a U-19 WC product . Very few like Vihari, how many here in ICF prefer Iyer over Vihari? Tell me.

I am not saying Vihari deserves selection. But even, back in the day VVSL and Dravid had to fight for Test spots because they were not ODI stars

I think barring Pandya almost every player who was brought in tests did well at FC. KL had 90+ FC avg till 2015 season IIRC.

Pant also had 2-3 great Ranji seasons before replacing Saha. 

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Baba aparajit is average even in domestic cricket. Even Vihari is an u19 product and played u19 wc for India in 2012. Except Pandya most of the current Indian players are u19 products.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We can easily try this team in tests against Bangladesh

1. Rohit

2. Rahul

3. Gill

4. Kohli

5. Sarfraz 

6. Pant

7. Washington 

8. Axar

9. Ashwin 

10. Shami

11. Umran ... try him against weak BD 

.... Assuming Jadeja is unfit 

Some seniors can rest and we can try Gill,Jaiswal, in the squad

31 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

36 matches, 3380 runs at avg of 80 in FC cricket.

What does he need to break into Indian team which is struggling with it's batting line up?

For a start meeds to reduce weight so that he can field as well as that is an essential rule of the game.  He is already twice of Rohit Sharma at such an young age.

1 hour ago, RajBan said:

For a start meeds to reduce weight so that he can field as well as that is an essential rule of the game.  He is already twice of Rohit Sharma at such an young age.

Rohit Ashwin are both fat.  There have been successful fat players in Test history.

In Tests fielding is more about catching and reflexes

1 hour ago, RajBan said:

You have to make that call after him taking a yoyo test or something.  Not  based on weight.   We cannot be 100% certain who will click who will not. only way you find out is by giving them chances.  He might flop or he might become a generational talent.  

On 10/1/2022 at 7:22 PM, coffee_rules said:

Yhh project raina and Rohit as always been the case but Rohit averaged 50 at the first class level and had 17 centuries after he cemented his place, so him missing out on test cricket all along was due to injuries, packed middle order and overseas failures, he did jump the line when made to open in after 2019 world cup but before that he was in and out in the middle order, injuries and rahane being ahead of him, all first class batsmen have come from the u19, indrajith, eashwaran, vihari. Patidar the only one a late bloomer probably the best all round batsman in India currently

32 minutes ago, Lord said:

Rohit Ashwin are both fat.  There have been successful fat players in Test history.

In Tests fielding is more about catching and reflexes

When did Rohit turn so fat? He was quite lean in 2010, there's genetic fat which a lot of people suffer from, diet, routine everything could be sound but some build fat faster, same case with uthappa but he was broad shouldered and strong chested, would you consider glen Phillips fat? Or stocky

9 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

When did Rohit turn so fat? He was quite lean in 2010, there's genetic fat which a lot of people suffer from, diet, routine everything could be sound but some build fat faster, same case with uthappa but he was broad shouldered and strong chested, would you consider glen Phillips fat? Or stocky

Philips and Finch are not fat.

As you said Rohit was lean in early days and got fat later.

Ashwin also has tyres around his belly.

On topic, Sarfaraz has actually reduced weight from before

43 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

There has to be a point where you make an exception for someone exceptionally talented at some point, especially for what is still largely a skill based sport. 

Cant make exception specially when you have a list of guys with similar skill. Onus is on him to get in shape.