Announced - Indian squad for T20i and ODI series against England

53 minutes ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

In relation to Rohit, he played 3 clutch innings early in his career at 5/6 in which India won their only t20 world title.

50*, 8* & 30*.

The reason Rohit bats up the order is due to his skill level, nobody is stopping Hardik from improving, but he has not shown the skill level that merits him to bat up the order (IPL not to be confused with International cricket). 

and failed after that for longest time , he was moved up coz he failed everywhere for longest time so that was the only last chance which happened in test also 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
23 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

and failed after that for longest time , he was moved up coz he failed everywhere for longest time so that was the only last chance which happened in test also 

Lol, luckily you was not the selector otherwise Rohit would have never made it post 2012 and would not have had his renaissance post 2013 in all formats.

Some players you have to back due to their skill level, Pandya and Rohit not in the same league.

Dhawan - 36

Rohit - 35

Kohli -33

SKY - 31

Building an old squad for WC next year when these guys will be a year older?  Not at all advisable. KL also around 30 now

Even the 2011 squad had 

SRT - 37

Sehwag - 32

Gambhir - 29

Dhoni - 29

Yuvraj - 29

Where are the younger players? Your top 3 will be 35 and above by the time if the next WC. It will probably be the oldest Top 3 w have ever carried to a world cup. 

This is going to be a disaster. 

1 hour ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Lol, luckily you was not the selector otherwise Rohit would have never made it post 2012 and would not have had his renaissance post 2013 in all formats.

Some players you have to back due to their skill level, Pandya and Rohit not in the same league.

With Rohit example only i learned that may be u need to back some ppl a bit more - thats why i back guys like Pandya, kl, Pant and in future Umran

Its all about learn, Rohit late emergance was a lesson that in the end quality wins 

Pandya and rohit are not same players, in his spot pandya is indian talent avl and Rohit was the best talent so they are not too different either. Reason i take rohit xample is that if someone like him didnt succedd at that position which is the toughest so learn to have patience for others. 5-7 is the hardest spot in LOI and reality is most top order wud have failed their and lost their place and so was the case with Rohit sharma, its a hard job not everyone can do it. 

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Dhawan - 36

Rohit - 35

Kohli -33

SKY - 31

Building an old squad for WC next year when these guys will be a year older?  Not at all advisable. KL also around 30 now

As long as they are performing age shudnt matter

that 2007 aussie team had many players on wrong side of the age . 30 is not even an age to doubt someone. 

• hayden - 36
  • Gily-36
  • ponting 33 
  • mcgrath 37
  • hogg 36 
  • symonds , hussey , stuart clarke, hodge- between 31-32 
1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Even the 2011 squad had 

SRT - 37

Sehwag - 32

Gambhir - 29

Dhoni - 29

Yuvraj - 29

Where are the younger players? Your top 3 will be 35 and above by the time if the next WC. It will probably be the oldest Top 3 w have ever carried to a world cup. 

This is going to be a disaster. 

As much as i wanted dhawan to be replaced in ODI none of the youngster is bringing enough to replace him 

Pant-Pandya-KL are in right age in this team if that age critiera is something 

Right question shud always be who is a best option at that spot and does it work as overall combination

Question shudnt be if dhawan is 35 or 36 question shud if anyone is doing or offering more then dhawan in ODI . He got replaced in t20 coz better options were avl 

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

As long as they are performing age shudnt matter

that 2007 aussie team had many players on wrong side of the age . 30 is not even an age to doubt someone. 

• hayden - 36
  • Gily-36
  • ponting 33 
  • mcgrath 37
  • hogg 36 
  • symonds , hussey , stuart clarke, hodge- between 31-32 

As much as i wanted dhawan to be replaced in ODI none of the youngster is bringing enough to replace him 

Pant-Pandya-KL are in right age in this team if that age critiera is something 

Right question shud always be who is a best option at that spot and does it work as overall combination

Question shudnt be if dhawan is 35 or 36 question shud if anyone is doing or offering more then dhawan in ODI . He got replaced in t20 coz better options were avl 

Let's just compare the batting lineups . Australia in 2007 WC and India in 2023(hypothetical batting lineup)

Hayden -35               Dhawan -37

Gilly -35                      Rohit - 36

Ponting -32                 Kohli -35

Symonds -32              Rahul -31

Watson -26                  SKY - 33

Clarke -26                     Pant -26

Hussey -32                   Pandya - 29

If we actually play this lineup, it will actually be older than that Aussue lineup by a few years!!!

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Let's just compare the batting lineups . Australia in 2007 WC and India in 2023(hypothetical batting lineup)

Hayden -35               Dhawan -37

Gilly -35                      Rohit - 36

Ponting -32                 Kohli -35

Symonds -32              Rahul -31

Watson -26                  SKY - 33

Clarke -26                     Pant -26

Hussey -32                   Pandya - 29

If we actually play this lineup, it will actually be older than that Aussue lineup by a few years!!!

it wud be jaddu not SKy and again age shudnt be the issue it shud be performance n best choices . Its not that guys havent played till 37 

37 yr dhawan fitness wud still be better then 23-25 yr old shaw . Is their anyone who has knocked on door so hard that these guys loose their place ?? Kohli came in 2011 team with performances that cudnt have been ignored 

56 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

it wud be jaddu not SKy and again age shudnt be the issue it shud be performance n best choices . Its not that guys havent played till 37 

37 yr dhawan fitness wud still be better then 23-25 yr old shaw . Is their anyone who has knocked on door so hard that these guys loose their place ?? Kohli came in 2011 team with performances that cudnt have been ignored 

For ODIs, Gill, Shaw, Kishan and Ruturaj all are in contention. They just need chances. 

5 minutes ago, Majestic said:

For ODIs, Gill, Shaw, Kishan and Ruturaj all are in contention. They just need chances. 

honestly i rate gill shaw very very highly but currently dhawan has a more pros on them and if u see my many post post 2019 Wc i wanted him replaced for next Wc but not now.  Their isnt enough time and these guys arent showing enough pluses over dhawan. 

dhawan is a character who has always risen when pushed to the wall and he is not going to make it easy for these guys to take his place 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
9 minutes ago, Majestic said:

one thing i really hope is we figure out 3rd opener for ODI and i hope its not KL rahul. KL has been absolutely phenomenal at 5 , his position shudnt be even touched. Anyways he bats like Rahane as opener so lets avoid that.

Rather send pant to open and have iyer in middle order 

Whoever that 3rd opener be has to be a long term investment, not like how shastri-kohli played musical chairs every series

51 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

honestly i rate gill shaw very very highly but currently dhawan has a more pros on them and if u see my many post post 2019 Wc i wanted him replaced for next Wc but not now.  Their isnt enough time and these guys arent showing enough pluses over dhawan. 

dhawan is a character who has always risen when pushed to the wall and he is not going to make it easy for these guys to take his place 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Shaw would be pretty lethal especially at home conditions for ODI World Cups. So much lethal that even considering fitness also, he will do a better job than Dhawan.

Pant is also an option as opener. I would try to have one of these two ready instead of Dhawan. For no.4, Gill can compete with Iyer and then Rahul at 5, Pandya 6 and Jadeja 7. SKY can be an option too at 5 or 6 but we will need a bowling option in top 4 then. I don't see SKY as a top 4 ODI batsman.

27 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Shaw would be pretty lethal especially at home conditions for ODI World Cups. So much lethal that even considering fitness also, he will do a better job than Dhawan.

he isnt converting starts into big scores and not a leftie , not to forget he generally throws wkts against spinner which is why starts arent getting big . Dhawan also has a knack of bringing his A game to Wcs 

30-40 kind of score works in t20 but in a 50 over game as opener u need to convert those starts. Shaw is a very good option but im not convinced that he is currently better then dhawan . Dhawan has litelly every pro over him apart from s/r 

27 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Pant is also an option as opener. I would try to have one of these two ready instead of Dhawan. For no.4, Gill can compete with Iyer and then Rahul at 5, Pandya 6 and Jadeja 7. SKY can be an option too at 5 or 6 but we will need a bowling option in top 4 then. I don't see SKY as a top 4 ODI batsman.

Gill plays spin damn well and has no issue against pace n bounce so yea he is a very good player for 4 but again iyer has an advantage of converting starts into big scores on him

shaw n gill are currently at stage where most youngsters get stuck around that 30-40 phase 

Im not sure of SKY working out in ODI , at best may be at 6 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he isnt converting starts into big scores and not a leftie , not to forget he generally throws wkts against spinner which is why starts arent getting big . Dhawan also has a knack of bringing his A game to Wcs 

30-40 kind of score works in t20 but in a 50 over game as opener u need to convert those starts. Shaw is a very good option but im not convinced that he is currently better then dhawan . Dhawan has litelly every pro over him apart from s/r 

Gill plays spin damn well and has no issue against pace n bounce so yea he is a very good player for 4 but again iyer has an advantage of converting starts into big scores on him

shaw n gill are currently at stage where most youngsters get stuck around that 30-40 phase 

Im not sure of SKY working out in ODI , at best may be at 6 

Dhawan gets start but he doesn't converts them into 100+ either. He scores 60-70 and then gets out at a strike rate of 85-90. Shaw will give strike rate of 120 when he scores his 40s and 60s. When you have a Rohit and Kohli, having Shaw or Pant will be beneficial than having Dhawan in top 3. 

That's my opinion on them. Dhawan is like Gauti and Shaw is like Sehwag. I would think in a top 3, Shaw is a better option especially with Rohit and Kohli.

Just now, Majestic said:

Dhawan gets start but he doesn't converts them into 100+ either. He scores 60-70 and then gets out at a strike rate of 85-90. Shaw will give strike rate of 120 when he scores his 40s and 60s. When you have a Rohit and Kohli, having Shaw or Pant will be beneficial than having Dhawan in top 3. 

That's my opinion on them. Dhawan is like Gauti and Shaw is like Sehwag. I would think in a top 3, Shaw is a better option especially with Rohit and Kohli.

dhawan is 90+ s/r not in 85-90 and dhawan converts his starts mostly , 60-70 is still double to 30-40 

dhawan is quicker then Gauti for sure, sehwag was an underachiever in ODI 

With rohit n kohli u also need a leftie , i wud like to have shaw in scheme but he needs to learn to convert those 30-40s . Not to forget dhawan bringing his A game in Wcs . Dhawan issue was he wasnt as free flowing in middle overs due to spinners but now he has developed reverse sweeps n sweeps. Shaw again does get stuck against spinners unlike sehwag . 

2023 wc wud be around 300 kind of Wc , scores will go up at start and down towards the end and that is dhawan zone .