Is it the time to look at a foreign coach/consultant?

zen

1 minute ago, maniac said:

i like to look at coaches at the ground level. There was a coach forgetting his name (that’s unfortunate) under whom Women’s cricket improved. Similarly Bharat Arun was one of the best coaches we had. Amre-Abhishek Nayar type retired cricketers have helped a lot of international players to find their feet back.

Nehra is good but he seems to be in the Shastri mould, good acumen and a very good man manager but not sure we can judge him on 1 IPL win. Remember he was with RCB as well 2 yrs back when they failed to qualify.

The names that you mentioned may have done well on some particular aspect of cricket like batting or bowling ... However, here I am talking more about the head coach or consultant to coaches esp. for LOIs

As for Nehra, he could have developed now. For the head coach, I am not looking at someone who can develop cricketers (for that purpose, a team can have batting, bowling, & fielding coaches) but someone who influences strategies and tactics, along with good player management including motivation ...  Like I mentioned in the OP, he should start out as the assistant head coach, while someone like Hussain, who used limited resources in England during his time, or even Morgan, who is a modern player with a track record of driving change, given a go!

On 7/7/2022 at 7:29 AM, singhvivek141 said:

It isn't a bad idea, unless we experiment we won't know if something is good or bad.
A coach like Gillespie brought immense change in the ability of Ishant Sharma, he may or may not be successful with the rest but we need to try.
I think apart from Kohli, no other player in the team will have ego friction with a foreign coach. Rohit isn't as adamant as Kohli.

Are we still thinking of playing Rohit & Kohli in T20 for WC24? GOSH !

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

but not BCCI. they only want to go with indians like dravid, vvs, lal rajput, etc

Obviously- they want local yes men on their payroll so their precious 'stars' dont lose their place due to non performances with a foreign coach which is the last thing powerful sponsors and IPL owners want..

This is a cartel not a sports association serious about developing Indian cricket talent

On 7/9/2022 at 10:22 AM, zen said:

The names that you mentioned may have done well on some particular aspect of cricket like batting or bowling ... However, here I am talking more about the head coach or consultant to coaches esp. for LOIs

As for Nehra, he could have developed now. For the head coach, I am not looking at someone who can develop cricketers (for that purpose, a team can have batting, bowling, & fielding coaches) but someone who influences strategies and tactics, along with good player management including motivation ...  Like I mentioned in the OP, he should start out as the assistant head coach, while someone like Hussain, who used limited resources in England during his time, or even Morgan, who is a modern player with a track record of driving change, given a go!

Look for someone from Newzealand coach pool. This tiny country with such a low population always punches above their ability and comes out with very good strategies , game plans , specific skill improvements in players. Head coach for planning , strategies NZ first & second someone from English pool .

26 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Look for someone from Newzealand coach pool. This tiny country with such a low population always punches above their ability and comes out with very good strategies , game plans , specific skill improvements in players. Head coach for planning , strategies NZ first & second someone from English pool .

I would like romeone from Australia.

They understand bowling much better and know how to win big tournaments and test series.

43 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I would like romeone from Australia.

They understand bowling much better and know how to win big tournaments and test series.

my comment was re: below context

As for Nehra, he could have developed now. For the head coach, I am not looking at someone who can develop cricketers (for that purpose, a team can have batting, bowling, & fielding coaches) but someone who influences strategies and tactics, along with good player management including motivationfor below 

Edited by prudent_kreeda
On 7/7/2022 at 3:58 AM, LordPrabhzy said:

Prima donna captains and star players wont listen to any FOREN Coaches... and Foreign coaches wont stand for this nonsense. Thats why we havent had one since the dark days of Duncan Fletcher

they would if enough money is handed out