Ponniyan selvan part 1-teaser

vayuu1

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

What did you not like ? Nothing can be like the book. It's a different medium. 

The lanka portions didn’t work out at all, could have cut the songs and added more scenes. Vandhiyedhevan journey is the main USP of the book but here he just moves from one place to another suddenly without any hindrance. 

On 10/2/2022 at 9:16 AM, ash said:

The lanka portions didn’t work out at all, could have cut the songs and added more scenes. Vandhiyedhevan journey is the main USP of the book but here he just moves from one place to another suddenly without any hindrance. 

It is something large number of characters moving the story. This should have been released as a series.  I think it is hard to encapsulate everything in 2 movies. I was always skeptical about casting, mani directing this. If he has done justice even 50% that is a success.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:04 PM, kepler37b said:

Agreed.

They should stick just to the celebration of story. 

But instead the main aim here is to "prove the pride of Tamil Cinema" by becoming the greatest Commercial success. 

10 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Mani intended the movie to be Pan-India. But it turned out to be Pan-Tamil movie. Anyway producers must be happy.

You seem to know an awful lot about what maniratnam or 'mani' as you called thought. I should say i am quite impressed.

hero-image.fill.size_1200x900.v161161194

Edited by Vilander

yet to watch the movie and no plans to read the book 

funny thing is few say the movie is anti-hindu kind , but again few more say that the movie is painting Cholas as hard core Hindus ..

in Tamil literature that i read ( school books ) , Shaivist and vaishnavist kings were cruel to their opposite sect which northies many not get it 

1 hour ago, velu said:

funny thing is few say the movie is anti-hindu kind , but again few more say that the movie is painting Cholas as hard core Hindus ..

in Tamil literature that i read ( school books ) , Shaivist and vaishnavist kings were cruel to their opposite sect which northies many not get it 

I think this is limited to Tamil history because others in south also have not read it, but only seen in movies from TN..

9 hours ago, velu said:

Purely Dravidian influenced history is what you have been fed. Kings supported both Vaishnavism and Shaivism. Kings were cruel to each other not because of sects , but territorial. Very temples were destroyed with this divide, proves it was not people who were divided. Dravidas influenced by Marxists and Missionaries like Caldwell have always been fighting for a separate Tamil identity which is India related. Like Aryans, Sanskrit/Hindi and even Vedic vs Tantric. Shavism predates Vedas, so it is they are trying to assimilate into one common religion. Now they are saying Raja Raja Chola was not Hindu!! :facepalm:

Even in Karnataka they tried this Lingayats are not Hindus movement which caused Congress to lose power. 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Purely Dravidian influenced history is what you have been fed. Kings supported both Vaishnavism and Shaivism. Kings were cruel to each other not because of sects , but territorial. Very temples were destroyed with this divide, proves it was not people who were divided. Dravidas influenced by Marxists and Missionaries like Caldwell have always been fighting for a separate Tamil identity which is India related. Like Aryans, Sanskrit/Hindi and even Vedic vs Tantric. Shavism predates Vedas, so it is they are trying to assimilate into one common religion. Now they are saying Raja Raja Chola was not Hindu!! :facepalm:

Even in Karnataka they tried this Lingayats are not Hindus movement which caused Congress to lose power. 

in TN dmk & cos stupid we are not hinuds logic can easily be countered by arguing that all these Shaivist and vaishnavist  are a sub-sect of hindusim ..

( also tamils favorite god is murugan who is the son of shiva and married the daughter of vishnu :blink: 

calling cholas were not hindus is total dumb and they r mostly for masala news :lol:

there are literatures about kings forcing ( advised by their priest / kulagurus  :giggle: ) other sect to accept their superiority ..

i am not 100% sure , there is a tamil literature/poem about how shiva himself came back to rescue his devotee 

On 10/2/2022 at 7:16 AM, ash said:

should have been a 3 part movie or a web series. Personally disappointed songs were cut, ponni nadhi & deveralan attam are the highlights of the first part of the book. Both were murdered for reducing the run time. Should have used voice overs to set important context for many who didn't read the book, I am sure they didn't understand who some of the characters where & why they are doing what they are doing. Apart from these gripes the film didn't try to be a bahubali & stayed true to kaklis genre, was quite watchable for even a couple of times, since the scenes moved so fast. 

18 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Muslims are Muslims. Christians are Christians. But Hindus are Tamils. Even Periyar ´it’s be wondering. What specimen have I created. 

Periyarists and Dravidians are the dumbest and most vile people I have ever seen in my life. Hypocrites to the core. 

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Kamal Hassan said Cholas were not Hindus because the word didn't exist like Tuticorin. He thinks it was all Shaivism, Vaishnavism etc and they are not Hindus. This is the rebuttal on his pea-sized brain. 

Kamala Haasan has lost it. The things people do for politics.