Ponniyan selvan part 1-teaser

vayuu1

Clever strategy by the left wing, no one is talking about the government now. The BJP and the right wing should understand that most people in TN , if they are asked to choose between the language or Religion would choose the language. Language politics and the optics of showing that “we are different than the rest of the country” works in TN ( not arguing whether it is right or wrong) . The more RW tries to “unite” then, the more it would risk alienating the masses

59 minutes ago, ash said:

Clever strategy by the left wing, no one is talking about the government now. The BJP and the right wing should understand that most people in TN , if they are asked to choose between the language or Religion would choose the language. Language politics and the optics of showing that “we are different than the rest of the country” works in TN ( not arguing whether it is right or wrong) . The more RW tries to “unite” then, the more it would risk alienating the masses

It’s only the left government that is think it is the masses here. Vast number of ordinary people don’t care for left politics. We could see when Bipin Rawat’s body  was being transferred, people on the streets were unified with the idea of India. So many temples in TN, the left had to install EVR’s statue outside temples to dissuade people from religion. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

It’s only the left government that is think it is the masses here. Vast number of ordinary people don’t care for left politics. We could see when Bipin Rawat’s body  was being transferred, people on the streets were unified with the idea of India. So many temples in TN, the left had to install EVR’s statue outside temples to dissuade people from religion. 

Not claiming that all Tamils are atheists, obviously most of them are religious. And also Tamils are not Anti Indian so it is not a surprise that they came to see Bipin Rawat.

Identity is not mutually exclusive, you can be a Tamilian and an Indian, or a Tamilian and a Hindu. But obviously the preferred identity is Language. Let’s say DMK says Tamils are not Hindus and BJP says Hindi is the national language, which statement do you think will  generate more controversy here?

If national parties don’t tap into language politics, they can’t penetrate the masses. 

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

So many temples in TN, the left had to install EVR’s statue outside temples to dissuade people from religion. 

You have a very myopic view ok the topic. Either you have some ptsd or have some agenda. TAMIL identity is often linguistic for people that have it, you just have to deal with it. May be kanadigas like you don't have it or don't have enough of it.

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

You have a very myopic view ok the topic. Either you have some ptsd or have some agenda. TAMIL identity is often linguistic for people that have it, you just have to deal with it. May be kanadigas like you don't have it or don't have enough of it.

You have no idea what you are responding to. I was refuting the claim that "Tamils are not Hindus" is a mainstream idea, but it is only among Dumeels. I don't understand what your ad hominems are all about in this context of my response to him. You have yourself claimed that the "Tamils are not Hindus" narrative is fringe. 

Edited by coffee_rules

14 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Basically Chola isn't basanti?

It is a transliteration issue. It is not la as in lava, but the tougher La (similar to ळ sound in Marathi). Tamizh language has a another complex sound that sounds like ळ, but the tongue has to go deeper inside and at the same time get the ra sound as well, and it is transliterated as zh. It is Chozha

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You have no idea what you are responding to. I was refuting the claim that "Tamils are not Hindus" is a mainstream idea, but it is only among Dumeels. I don't understand what your ad hominems are all about in this context of my response to him. You have yourself claimed that the "Tamils are not Hindus" narrative is fringe. 

Who the * says things like Tamils are not Hindus when census says 80 pc of them identify themselves as exactly that lol. Keep fighting imaginary enemies it hilarious.