The World T20 squad selection!

10 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

T20 rankings are volatile. SKY jumped 44 places in one series. Ishan Kishan dropped to 12th from 7th. He shouldn't have been that high. And you need to adopt a standard - What do you want? His average in last 2 years or last 2 series or last 10 matches or his ICC rankings. You keep changing your own yardsticks.

They are all bit of a reflection on his current form. He is not good by any yardstick. His struggles over the past year in various formats against various teams are enough for most of us to conclude he is not needed in our T20 set up.  But counter argument is like "he is amazing in T20 he sucks just in Tests" which is clearly not the case. You know it.  Kohli finds a spot purely based on reputation nothing else.  In any other era he would have been dropped like a cold turkey.  Happened to the best of the best in the past.  There is a reason why India hasn't won a world T20 since 2007. This is why. Picking players based on "experience" "reputation". 

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

A strike rate of 113 in the last 12 months. 9 games.  A liability. Not sure if you actually watched all the struggles of Kohli in every goddamn match. Odd 50 cannot hide his struggles.  He may or may not turn around. Rightnow he doesn't deserve to be part of the playing XI.

9 games is nothing 

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He WAS a freak. Not anymore.   If he were to be a freak he would still maintain a decent ICC ranking. Rightnow 25th ranked ICC T20 player.  He is behind Shreyas Iyer/Isan Kishan.  He was averaging 52.72 now 50.12. IN one year fraction over wo points dropped. 

no one remains at top entire life

in last 2 yrs kishen s/r is 132 and kohli is 136 and avg is also less. so his good is also not better then virat worse 

not to forget kishn already many weakness is exposed 

Iyer - hahaha ...........classic example why numbers shudnt be taken srsly after a point . No one will take iyer to Aus compare to even if virat was 50 yr old

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He WAS a freak. Not anymore.   If he were to be a freak he would still maintain a decent ICC ranking. Rightnow 25th ranked ICC T20 player.  He is behind Shreyas Iyer/Isan Kishan.  He was averaging 52.72 now 50.12. IN one year fraction over wo points dropped. 

btw since u were talking about IPL remind me what did kishen n iyer do this IPL 

People here rate past prime washed up has been wastrel kohli who looks weaker than anooskha. They also rate an absolutely pathetic spinner like chahal. Shankar too some of them. But shankar was actually played in the wrong format. 

Let's just go with experienced to satisfy these fans. 

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Kela

Edited by Jay
2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

We don't play that many T20 to be honest. So we cannot wait for him to suck in 50 T20s before dropping.

Agree.

Kohli trajectory in T20I given his age, decline in form, is only going to drop further and further.

He props his performances/stats playing against teams like SL at home, he is in permanent decline, he may score the odd contribution here and there, but he will never make a consistent or match winning innings for India in a tournament again.

He isnt alone, Dhawan is the same as well.

These frauds need to be exposed.

Scoring 15 runs of 30 balls in the opening overs of a game and only accelerate when part time bowlers come on, is damaging Indian cricket.

You need to look at deeply at the way Kohli sucks the life out of a batting innings. Not all runs scored are equal.

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Agree.

Kohli trajectory in T20I given his age, decline in form, is only going to drop further and further.

He props his performances/stats playing against teams like SL at home, he is in permanent decline, he may score the odd contribution here and there, but he will never make a consistent or match winning innings for India in a tournament again.

He isnt alone, Dhawan is the same as well.

These frauds need to be exposed.

Scoring 15 runs of 30 balls in the opening overs of a game and only accelerate when part time bowlers come on, is damaging Indian cricket.

You need to look at deeply at the way Kohli sucks the life out of a batting innings. Not all runs scored are equal.

Kohli pujara and vihari make me want to stab my eyes or just quit watching sport altogether. 

1 hour ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

As things stand, this would be my worldt20 squad:

Batters:

Rohit(c)

KL

Samson

SKY

Wicket Keepers:

Kishan

Pant

All Rounders:

Hardik

Jaddu

Hooda

Harshal

Bowlers:

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Chahal

Avesh

Arshdeep

Reserves:

Umran, Shami, Gaikwad

Avesh palys all the games..is he better than Shami in t20a...I doubt it

Lol at Kohli backers...  Hadd hai bhai...  Somethings are even beyond stats.  He has 2 shots which gave him lot of success in white ball cricket over the years.  Now he failed to evolve...  Doesn't has sweep or any kind of shot agains spin...  How's he supposed to play when we have better options than him?  Vs Pace his square of wicket game is non existent. 

Rohit has a gun square cut,  square drive...  Compulsive hook/pull,  slog sweep vs spin..  Sometimes even a lap shot & that's how he can survive playing at high S/R for a longer period.  He was even playing fast cameos in this IPl.  There's actually no comparison of two players right now.  Both are in slump but Rohit is having Steve Smith type slump but can be gun sometimes coz he still has range of shots. 

Kolli is having Ganguly esque finished slump. 

11 hours ago, Jay said:

People here rate past prime washed up has been wastrel kohli who looks weaker than anooskha. They also rate an absolutely pathetic spinner like chahal. Shankar too some of them. But shankar was actually played in the wrong format. 

Let's just go with experienced to satisfy these fans. 

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Kela

I think its a bit unfair to put Chahal in that list. He turns it big both ways and is quite accurate and bowls good speeds too. Chahar's variation googly is not that good, Kuldeep is too floaty and slow at times, Bishnoi's stock legbreak is not that good and Murugan Ashwin has everything but dies not bowl good areas often enough. 

Only Chahal has shown the ability to combine all of that and is our most complete T20 spinner. 

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

In Australia the marketing of the T20 World Cup has begun.

They have gone with building sky scraper size of Pant walking through the Sydney CBD as the big main threat in the WC.

I will post it on here, when I have time.

Nothing in Perth as of now

1st round exit is likely regardless of who plays, so I think we might as well take all the seniors for a paid vacation. My XI: Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli, Iyer (coz he can't play bounce), Pant (coz he can't play T20s in MO), Jaddu (not much use in T20s), Ashwin (also not much use in T20s), Dhawal Kulkarni, Unadcutter, Umran (too raw), and Harshal/Boobi.

this lineup should be able to lose most, if not all, of the games.

Edited by Vijy
5 hours ago, Vijy said:

1st round exit is likely regardless of who plays, so I think we might as well take all the seniors for a paid vacation. My XI: Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli, Iyer (coz he can't play bounce), Pant (coz he can't play T20s in MO), Jaddu (not much use in T20s), Ashwin (also not much use in T20s), Dhawal Kulkarni, Unadcutter, Umran (too raw), and Harshal/Boobi.

this lineup should be able to lose most, if not all, of the games.

Virat hopefully gets to take his wife and daughter and sight see around Australia.

Beautiful time of the year, he will enjoy himself.

Dhawan can go and visit his ex wife in Melbourne and really enjoy Australia too.

Lots of sight seeing to do

Edited by SRT100
10 hours ago, SRT100 said:

In Australia the marketing of the T20 World Cup has begun.

They have gone with building sky scraper size of Pant walking through the Sydney CBD as the big main threat in the WC.

I will post it on here, when I have time.

Pls do