Surya kumar Yadav is a national treasure

2 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Was gonna mention the same thing, bilateral ka sher. 2 mm movement from Hasan Ali, he edges it. Some bounce at MCG, he screws up as well. Is pancake pitches all you're good for ?

I have always been skeptical about his batting abilities since I learnt that he is the only batsman in the world to make a T20 debut at the age of 32.

If he is so talented (360 degree),  WTH was he doing all these years?  

6 hours ago, Clarke said:

Was gonna mention the same thing, bilateral ka sher. 2 mm movement from Hasan Ali, he edges it. Some bounce at MCG, he screws up as well. Is pancake pitches all you're good for ?

He has done enough that we don't need to talk about his place after every failure. Whwt he does in Australia is future, but he deserves the chances he is getting.

I feel that he might be playing for his reputation something that Viru used to do a lot in ODIs ( reason why he didn't do as well as in tests ).. SKY has to recalibrate while chasing scores <165.. trying to be positive is good but also make sure that we preserve wickets when target is not huge.. I won't mind that shot while chasing 180+

1 minute ago, MK55 said:

This guy SKY is the real deal. Not just in this team but in world cricket. Has got the skills and the attitude. Seems to have that intensity and is fearless. 

he is doing it in International cricket what the great ABD used to do to substandard bowlers in IPL 

On 10/23/2022 at 2:00 PM, SM2907 said:

Or can also open with Surya. 

Ad jingle:

Open with Surya

#3 bhi Surya

#4 toh Surya

Finisher bhi Surya

Har sawaal ka jawaab .... SURYA!!

Friends, this may or may not last, but right now, the guy is killing it. 

Not because of his body language, but because he is in immaculate form.  And when he loses form in 2 - 3 years, we should thank him for his services, celebrate him for his achievements and sunset his place in the team unless he comes back with a vengeance.  That is what T20 cricket is all about. 

If KLR was making these scores - body language be damned - we would be celebrating him.  But, right now, he is on a down-cycle - happens to all.  So, sit him so he can figure things out and come back stronger because one thing is for sure - the guy has all the batting talent in the world.  It's really not that complicated, but we complicate it by considering being dropped from the National team as "bayzddi" (insult). 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict