Transgender man ( ??? ) got pregnant by his transgender wife ( ??? ) !!!

velu

Personally I feel India as a society should be more accepting to transgender considering how they are part of our culture. Men dressed as women seem to be a common fixture in most of our comedy stage shows. To me there seems to be a large level of acceptance anyways. 

2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Personally I feel India as a society should be more accepting to transgender considering how they are part of our culture. Men dressed as women seem to be a common fixture in most of our comedy stage shows. To me there seems to be a large level of acceptance anyways. 

The issue is not of acceptance. The issue is denying existence of  gender. I have always had a real admiration and fascination of transgender. In our culture, they were considered higher order being. Lord Shiva is also called "Ardha Narishwar". 

The issue is identity and denial of basic science. The issue is that I have to use the pronoun that you want me to because you believe you are not one of the two genders. 

Edited by ravishingravi

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

The issue is not of acceptance. The issue is denying existence of  gender. I have always had a real admiration and fascination of transgender. In our culture, they were considered higher order being. Lord Shiva is also called "Ardha Narishwar". 

The issue is identity and denial of basic science. The issue is that I have to use the pronoun that you want me to because you believe you are not one of the two genders. 

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-science-of-biological-sex/

20 minutes well-spent.  But if you don't have the time for that, excerpt:

The debate over how best to approach people who identify as transgender or non-binary is many-layered and can be complex. Medical questions about the evidence for the safety and efficacy of specific interventions, and the ethics of treating minors, deserve thoughtful and open discussion. The optimal way to incorporate transgender athletes into competition also could benefit from a good faith debate.  Unfortunately, discussion around transgender issues suffers from at least two sources. First, it has been coopted as part of a politically-motivated culture war. This reality is exactly the opposite of thoughtful good-faith discussion. Second, for most people wrapping their head around a reality that may not conform to traditional notions of strictly binary sex and gender takes a lot or processing. Misconceptions about the basic science are rampant, and are, in fact, encouraged by the culture warriors.

Many of those who are pushing back against trans healthcare and broader acceptance are explicitly premising their position on the claim that biological sex is strictly and obviously binary. They portray themselves as taking the scientific high ground, and anyone who questions this obvious biological fact are the ones engaged in pseudoscience.

Source: Diagrams created by the author.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

23 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-science-of-biological-sex/

20 minutes well-spent.  But if you don't have the time for that, excerpt:

The debate over how best to approach people who identify as transgender or non-binary is many-layered and can be complex. Medical questions about the evidence for the safety and efficacy of specific interventions, and the ethics of treating minors, deserve thoughtful and open discussion. The optimal way to incorporate transgender athletes into competition also could benefit from a good faith debate.  Unfortunately, discussion around transgender issues suffers from at least two sources. First, it has been coopted as part of a politically-motivated culture war. This reality is exactly the opposite of thoughtful good-faith discussion. Second, for most people wrapping their head around a reality that may not conform to traditional notions of strictly binary sex and gender takes a lot or processing. Misconceptions about the basic science are rampant, and are, in fact, encouraged by the culture warriors.

Many of those who are pushing back against trans healthcare and broader acceptance are explicitly premising their position on the claim that biological sex is strictly and obviously binary. They portray themselves as taking the scientific high ground, and anyone who questions this obvious biological fact are the ones engaged in pseudoscience.

Source: Diagrams created by the author.

Actually I am completely aligned with the article. No disagreements here.