Pant needs to replace Dhawan as opener & Gill needs to replace Kohli at #3

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I rate him but form also matters. Seems out of form. You just can’t play cricketers on name.

Pant is obviously a proven performer and established name even though has some way to go.

He is? Just had a good IPL including final. Has only played OT Test since that.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Rohit is here to stay. Dhawan and Kohli needs to make way for now. Play guys like Rutu and Gill/Padikkal

Totally forgot about Padikkal! 

Is he still in the scheme of things? I knew he was last year and was even picked for the SL tour when all the seniors were in England for the WTC! 

Please no

You know what they say. If it ain’t broke….

he has done so well at no.4/5 and has nailed that spot. Finally we have a quality middle order batter in ODIs, why move Him to a different role?

I would say one of Shaw/Kishan/Rutu/Padikkal can replace Dhawan right now at the opening spot

as for no.3 I would seriously consider Tilak Varma if I were a selector, kid shows a lot of promise already as a batter and can chip in with a few overs as well if required

Rohit

Shaw/Gill

Gill/kohli

Pant

KLR(wkt)

Pandya

Jadeja

Best team! Only problem is Shaw's fitness, when Rohit and Pant came into team, they were pretty fit. Shaw needs to be fit to get a go for a start. Once he becomes an integral part, slight differences can be ignored as form and performance matters more and also there won't be time to work on your fitness as much with so much cricket.

Edited by Majestic
2 hours ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

Please no

You know what they say. If it ain’t broke….

he has done so well at no.4/5 and has nailed that spot. Finally we have a quality middle order batter in ODIs, why move Him to a different role?

I would say one of Shaw/Kishan/Rutu/Padikkal can replace Dhawan right now at the opening spot

as for no.3 I would seriously consider Tilak Varma if I were a selector, kid shows a lot of promise already as a batter and can chip in with a few overs as well if required

jaiswal and dhull should be in the running too for opening, if tilak varma is under consideration for no. 3. however, all 3 need 1-2 proper seasons under their belt.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Dhawan has to go but they need to compliment Rohit with fast starter. I would use Shaw to be that player as he can go from ball one and will compliment Rohit and Kohli. They both can do what they have done for most part of their careers play till the end.

Pant/Kishan can be that player as we'd need a keeper too.

26 minutes ago, Lord said:

Pant/Kishan can be that player as we'd need a keeper too.

For me it is Pant over Kishan anyday in any format. Pant to me is once in a life time talent.He has not been given ideal situation in any format.Starting from idiotic Shastri's comments ,Kohli and now these two bozos Rohit and Dravid all of them have failed Pant.

Edited by putrevus
Just now, putrevus said:

For me it is Pant over Kishan anyday in any format. Pant to me is once in a life time talent.He has not been given ideal situation in any format.Starting from idiotic Shastri's comments ,Kohli and now these two bozos Rohit and Dravid all of them have failed Pant.

Same thoughts. Even before 2019 he could have been tried. 

I feel opening is best for him provided he gets a fair number of games continuously to adapt

This slow fast nonsense is pointless in ODIs. We need players with clutch ability and not slow fast stuffs. That's not our problems atleast in ODIs.

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Shreyas

Pant

Pandya

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Siraj

------

Bumrah

Unfortunately, Rahul has to go. He is not a player under whom we stand a chance of winning a trophy..He is a panauti, good looking stylish beach bod panauti...

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

Same thoughts. Even before 2019 he could have been tried. 

I feel opening is best for him provided he gets a fair number of games continuously to adapt

Pant should have been a regular in odis in 2018 itself and made an opener in whiteball cricket just like Gilly.These idiots tried to turn him into Dhoni.

8 hours ago, Majestic said:

This slow fast nonsense is pointless in ODIs. We need players with clutch ability and not slow fast stuffs. That's not our problems atleast in ODIs.

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Shreyas

Pant

Pandya

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Siraj

------

Bumrah

Unfortunately, Rahul has to go. He is not a player under whom we stand a chance of winning a trophy..He is a panauti, good looking stylish beach bod panauti...

that's why he is being selected

On 12/7/2022 at 11:06 AM, putrevus said:

Pant should have been a regular in odis in 2018 itself and made an opener in whiteball cricket just like Gilly.These idiots tried to turn him into Dhoni.

Pant is found wanting in certain areas to be a successful opener

1) Shot selection

2) Shot range

3) Strike rotation

Prithvi shaw is probably the first guy that needs a run.  Compulsive aggressive player.   Ruturaj/Jaiswal both are steady openers like what we already have.  Other option is Abhishek sharma. He must be groomed to be a pinch hitter. 

21 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pant is found wanting in certain areas to be a successful opener

1) Shot selection

2) Shot range

3) Strike rotation

Prithvi shaw is probably the first guy that needs a run.  Compulsive aggressive player.   Ruturaj/Jaiswal both are steady openers like what we already have.  Other option is Abhishek sharma. He must be groomed to be a pinch hitter. 

abhishek has not shown enough evidence of either consistency or SR (100+) in List A. Shaw is full of holes - too many exploitable chinks even on pattas. need to unearth a batter who scores at 100+ SR and healthy avg and without glaring weaknesses. Jaiswal is not that guy (lowish SR), Gaekwad does not look int'l class.

maybe rohan from kerala can be the option down the line

On 12/7/2022 at 10:36 PM, putrevus said:

Lol at same time you ask what wrong did Kohli do as ODI captain in different thread :cantstop: