Are we on verge of major breakthrough on Space exploration ?

ravishingravi

40 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Big bang kya tha, kahan hua, usse pehle kya tha?

Kisiko nahi Pata sahi se

In theory, massive explosion from a single point leading to expansion of universe. But light only produced after 300k years of Big Bang(Because of cooling down, leading to combination of electrons and Protons to first product atoms) So impossible to say because no one can 'see' before that. But thats a noob answer, more knowledgeable people may answer better. 

WADR to the brilliant people who do this work, space research is just not exciting to me. It is too abstract.

Being a utilitarian, I lack the vision to perceive any benefits to anyone/anything within the next, say, 200 years. I get excited by things that are more tangible; things that help provide a better quality of life for all humans now: more-food-on-less-land, zero hunger, and prevention and cures for various diseases/afflictions.

But the pictures are stunning.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

I suppose instead of looking at space have we even try to scorch the corners of our Oceans??  I suppose a huuuuuuuuuuge portion is yet left unexplored.  Countless other species are yet to be identified. 

Who knows what's down there in those depths?   I expect few costly submarine missions have been launched but technology & focus atm is just not quite there. 

15 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

WADR to the brilliant people who do this work, space research is just not exciting to me. It is too abstract.

Being a utilitarian, I lack the vision to perceive any benefits to anyone/anything within the next, say, 200 years. I get excited by things that are more tangible; things that help provide a better quality of life for all humans now: more-food-on-less-land, zero hunger, and prevention and cures for various diseases/afflictions.

But the pictures are stunning.

There are some explorations of big asteroids as they might be a source of energy and/ or rare minerals 

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/asteroids/news/asteroidmining.html

1 minute ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Im sure fighter jets engine tech is more closer to to space rocket technology than toilets... but you carry on...

It doesn't relate at gormint level. ISRO & DRDO have their own budgets & objectives and a shitload of bureaucracy between them. 

In any case, the thread was about space in general. Are the snake charmers not allowed to discuss Webb telescope or astronomy ?

On 7/20/2022 at 9:30 AM, Vickydev said:

Well we see images of things that are from 13 or so billions of years ago, how do we know the images of things that we see still exist? Can we go back further and how much further back can we go with stronger telescope, plus the universe is always expanding. My tiny brain can't make sense of it tbh

Max is 46 billion light years so that's 46 billions years back. So some form of early precambrian looking  lifeform around 3 billion lightyears away will give a low probability of sentient lifeform now.

Edited by Vilander

On 7/24/2022 at 1:00 PM, Clarke said:

It doesn't relate at gormint level. ISRO & DRDO have their own budgets & objectives and a shitload of bureaucracy between them. 

In any case, the thread was about space in general. Are the snake charmers not allowed to discuss Webb telescope or astronomy ?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/iaf-fighter-aircraft-mig-21-bison-crashes-in-rajasthans-barmer/articleshow/93194664.cms

Two more pilots lives lost..... blame lies on the Indian bureaucracy  for not inducting Tejas fighter aircrafts squadrons sooner and retire these old relics. Chale hain space...

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/iaf-fighter-aircraft-mig-21-bison-crashes-in-rajasthans-barmer/articleshow/93194664.cms

Two more pilots lives lost..... blame lies on the Indian bureaucracy  for not inducting Tejas fighter aircrafts squadrons sooner and retire these old relics. Chale hain space...

Why are you blaming the space arm or its objectives here ? You ought to understand that ISRO & DRDO are not competing with one another. Both have their own importance, and to be honest one works primarily on defense tech while the other does a multitude more than that. ISRO's commercial arm actually makes money for the country. 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/science/isro-earns-279-million-in-forex-through-satellite-launches/articleshow/93159973.cms

Now if DRDO can't build an engine or tech transfers were affected by sanctions or netas/babus where too busy prioritizing something else, its not ISRO's fault. Only the jahil padosi leaders like this clown are critical of ISRO projects, surely you don't belong to their level of intellect. 

On 7/20/2022 at 7:00 PM, Vickydev said:

Well we see images of things that are from 13 or so billions of years ago, how do we know the images of things that we see still exist? Can we go back further and how much further back can we go with stronger telescope, plus the universe is always expanding. My tiny brain can't make sense of it tbh

Could you please further elucidate on the part in bold.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Could you please further elucidate on the part in bold.

It's about how these images captured are of objects that are 13 billion light years away, so light travelled that many years to reach the telescope. That's the age of the universe. 

Here this would explain it better:

https://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/features/cosmic/farthest_info.html#:~:text=We know that light takes,appeared 13 billion years ago.

To add to the second point, it's actually now 46 billion light years away as @Vilanderexplained above in one of the posts, because of the Universe expanding. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2020/01/25/ask-ethan-how-can-we-see-46-1-billion-light-years-away-in-a-13-8-billion-year-old-universe/