ODI squad for Zimbabwe

31 minutes ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Not sure what this fascination with Rahul Tripathi is.

Quite mediocre domestic figures.

There are number of other batsmen that could have been picked:

P Shaw

D Padikkal

Y Jaiswal

Two goods IPL seasons out of six. It's the hype and probably the fact that they needed just a bench warmer.

29 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Ishan for Iyer is straightforward. But who will replace SKY?

One option is promoting Ruturaj and sending Gill one down. Other is Washi at 5 which is a misfit. Others very unlikely.

Ishan to open. Hooda/Samson at 3.

6 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

With whom?

Dhawan? Hes the captain.

6 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Where does Gill/The One go?

yeah Gill should open too after WI series. Thought its T20.

Gill

Dhawan

Ruturaj

Kishan

Samson

Hooda

Axar/Sundar

This Zimbabwe series is ODI one. So, Shikhar and Gill will continue. I think Ruturaj will bat at 3, then Samson at 4, Hooda at 6 and Ishan at 5 although ideally I would want to use Hooda at 5 and Ishan at 6. Ishan can score quickfire 30-35 runs too which the likes of Hooda or Samson don't do in ODIs.

Shikhar

Gill

Ruturaj

Samson

D Hooda

Kishan

Axar

Shardul/D Chahar ( don't think both will play)

Kuldeep

Siraj

Prasidh

Asia Cup T20 squad will be :-

Rohit

Rahul

Kishan

Kohli

SKY

Pant

Pandya

DK

Jadeja

Bhuvi

Harshal

Arshdeep

Bumrah

Yuzi

Axar/Ashwin

So, that's 15. Kishan and Axar will join after the Zimbabwe ODI series perhaps. Since Iyer is also not picked for Zimbabwe ODI series, it means he will also go to UAE for Asia Cup so maybe in place of Kishan.

Edited by Majestic
1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Umran sucks, isn't he too raw?

Based on your observation ,we should look past him,so early?

Matlab kuch bhi

Man please! When did I say we should look past him? Don't exaggerate. Time is not ripe for him, let him develop first.

See the post I was replying to. If he thinks Umran is better than Avesh, he is either blind or just a fanboy.

Edited by Chakdephatte
5 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

India's ODI squad against Zimbabwe: Dhawan (C), Ruturaj, Gill, Hooda, Tripathi, Kishan, Sanju, Sundar, Shardul, Kuldeep, Axar, Avesh, Prasidh, Siraj and Deepak Chahar.

why not Umraan Malik???

when the Opposition is Zimbabwe ( weak team). why cant you groom the pace bowler who is most talented?

Avesh , Prasidh , Deepak chahar and even Siraj is not required , shardul is also there , why cant you pick Umran Malik.

Some one is Jealous of his talent as Umran has the potential to bypass many folks who are ahead of the queue and directly start playing for INDIA.

when some one has the capability to bowl 150 to 157K - He should be allowed to move ahead of the queue.

Nothing against Arshdeep But I would probably support Umran.  I am worried Umran should not become a Varun aroon and fade away.

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

why not Umraan Malik???

when the Opposition is Zimbabwe ( weak team). why cant you groom the pace bowler who is most talented?

Avesh , Prasidh , Deepak chahar and even Siraj is not required , shardul is also there , why cant you pick Umran Malik.

Some one is Jealous of his talent as Umran has the potential to bypass many folks who are ahead of the queue and directly start playing for INDIA.

when some one has the capability to bowl 150 to 157K - He should be allowed to move ahead of the queue.

Nothing against Arshdeep But I would probably support Umran.  I am worried Umran should not become a Varun aroon and fade away.

Nobody is jls , as of now he isnt developed enough. He cant control new ball and ODI has two new balls. Longer the format the more u need to be consistent with ur line n lengths. 

As of only T20 suits him.  

7 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Man please! When did I say we should look past him? Don't exaggerate. Time is not ripe for him, let him develop first.

See the post I was replying to. If he thinks Umran is better than Avesh, he is either blind or just a fanboy.

How would he develop?Bowlers playing in A tours,domestics doesn't always help infact lesser sides like Zim,WI also serve the same purpose

Don't exaggerate the term "develop".

Let me tell you ,he will always go for runs but in the meantime he will pick wickets that will result in an Indian win