India vs Windies , 2nd T20, Basseterre

Just now, raki05 said:

But why do that when sky is already established mo t20 batter which is our weak area. Why was Pant give one series and then very next series sky has been sent as an opener.

SKy has opened in T20s for his IPL team before, and I like the idea of not keeping top order position "reserved" for vvvip type 'star' players.   Posted on another thread already - mixing up openers in the powerplay makes it harder for opponent teams to have a set gameplan ahead of time, and helps the team increase the probability of a more successful powerplay while being aggressive, getting matchups of a certain type of batsman against some types of bowlers. 

Having said that, there goes Surya caught behind.  Game on.

Love it.  I want to see India under pressure.

1 minute ago, raki05 said:

But why do that when sky is already established mo t20 batter which is our weak area. Why was Pant give one series and then very next series sky has been sent as an opener.

I am certain pant will open and sky will go back in the middle order. This is to give sky chances , which he has not taken 

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

SKy has opened in T20s for his IPL team before, and I like the idea of not keeping top order position "reserved" for vvvip type 'star' players.   Posted on another thread already - mixing up openers in the powerplay makes it harder for opponent teams to have a set gameplan ahead of time, and helps the team increase the probability of a more successful powerplay while being aggressive, getting matchups of a certain type of batsman against some types of bowlers. 

That's still reserved. Just that two are resting/injured.

Just now, Need4Speed said:

We dont need a batting coach at the moment..we just need a consultant who can teach these guys to play against left arm pace bowlers..it keeps happening again and again..

cant BCCI find one..to sort out this issue..we have lost many major tournaments due to this problem..

T20 is a high risk format for batsmen, they have to look to attack almost every ball - chances of mistakes are much higher in this format.  India isn't the only team that is vulnerable to left arm pace. Its just more glaring for us because our top order is generally so much better against other types of bowling.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Lol not fixed for vvip....let the chosen one Rahul and kohli back in Asia Cup. When no was gray area and we found only good mo batter in the form of sky why you send him for opening. Why not Pant who was tried during Eng T20. Not like he has already an established opener and now you are trying sky. Before T20 wc when the roles are defined this tm is messing up with batting position. They should have done this experiment if wc was an year away not 2-3 months before wc.

Just now, nitinbwj said:

Utar jayegi iski bhi pant. Lauderhill ke sapne le rahe hain launde. :phehe:

They are dreaming of 'beinvenido aa miami'.  

I still remember a young Virat trying to get a posse of young players out of the hotel as discreetly as possible, in Trinidad during the 2011 tour, they were all so eager to checkout the Trini club scene.  

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Lol not fixed for vvip....let the chosen one Rahul and kohli back in Asia Cup. When no was gray area and we found only good mo batter in the form of sky why you send him for opening. Why not Pant who was tried during Eng T20. Not like he has already an established opener and now you are trying sky. Before T20 wc when the roles are defined this tm is messing up with batting position. They should have done this experiment if wc was an year away not 2-3 months before wc.

you're missing my point, let's move on...

Edited by sandeep