We don't need Rahul Dravid's thinking: Kris Srikanth on Deepak Hooda vs Shreyas Iyer debate

Who should play at #3  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Your #3 in T20i

8 hours ago, Lord said:

Its actually DK who's keeping Hooda out not Iyer.

Iyer is certain as backup of top 3

Hooda doesn't play DK's role. Infact nobody plays his role of facing 10 to 15 balls and try to maximize it. He will be a wildly hit or miss due to this. But when he clicks he will win matches.

Since Jan 2022

testssss.jpg

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Hooda is a more alround bat than Iyer in T20s. Hooda and Iyer both are of same u19 batch of 2014. I think Hooda has shown great improvement in his game recently. 

I back Hooda. But it won't be long before he will be cursed hack/poor man's yusuf pathan. As long as he is in touch make use of it. Once he loses it just get rid of him. That is the kind of player he is. He has more utility as a player in T20 format due to his bowling.  And also Hooda can be a floater. Can be as devastating against spin as Iyer. Iyer's temperament is suited for ODI. He won't be unflustered by few dot balls. In T20 dot balls cannot be afforded.

22 hours ago, Lord said:

Its actually DK who's keeping Hooda out not Iyer.

Iyer is certain as backup of top 3

hooda success came in at 3 for IPL even for India 

Hooda is basically competing with SKY , Kohli, iyer or any other middle order option or if team wants he can be an option to jadeja

What DK does no one can, which is why he is in team with one single skill 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Hooda is kept out to safeguard senior's place...  They don't want competition...  Actually Indian team looks like a total mess right now. 

It will again boil down to individual brilliance to win us games in WT20.  Bowling department for once looks solid...  With decent backups. 

Rohit & Dravid have f*** up the whole batting with too much experimentation.  Kishan Hooda were supposed to be frontrunners for backups...  But with Iyer Pant additions & SKY opening...  Everything looks a proper mess.  Hahul opening vs left arm pace has failure written all over it. 

Nobody knows what kind of player combination we will have vs Pak in Asia Cup on 27 Aug...  One more loss & knives will be out. 

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hooda success came in at 3 for IPL even for India 

Hooda is basically competing with SKY , Kohli, iyer or any other middle order option or if team wants he can be an option to jadeja

What DK does no one can, which is why he is in team with one single skill 

You can bookmark this. Guys like dk, chahal and kogli are proven failures. I don't like living in the past. 

When the time comes all 3 will fail and cost us games in crucial stages. Be it semis or even earlier. 100%

Dk is washed up has been. I don't care what anyone says. The guy has always been a failure when the going gets tough.

We all know what I think of kohli. So less said the better

Chahali. Another useless spinner who cant bat or field. His so called spin may look good in bilaterals. However, when it's around Ko stages, his true colours will show. He is going to get annihilated. Bishnoi is the better talent. We are better off investing in bish. 

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

You can bookmark this. Guys like dk, chahal and kogli are proven failures. I don't like living in the past. 

When the time comes all 3 will fail and cost us games in crucial stages. Be it semis or even earlier. 100%

Dk is washed up has been. I don't care what anyone says. The guy has always been a failure when the going gets tough.

Chahali. Another useless spinner who cant bat or field. His so called spin may look good in bilaterals. However, when it's around Ko stages, his true colours will show. He is going to get annihilated. Bishnoi is the better talent. We are better off investing in bish. 

I don't think Bishnoi should be backed just because he didn't get a chance to fail in crunch situation.  Infact Bishnoi had an opportunity in a crunch match (eliminator game vs RCB). patidar destroyed Bishnoi taking 27 runs off of him in one over

Edited by vvvslaxman

The team should let the young players fail in the match.They just cant make them sit in the reserve.

There should not be different yardstick for different players.If some players are backed even with their weakness,inconsistency, and some players are make to sit out even after good perfomance,it looks fishy.

It looks like that they wanted certain players and they selected a player who they feel would not be a threat to senior players.When that player performs they just don't want to give him more games

11 hours ago, Jay said:

Kohli proven failure ??? hain

When has DK failed as finisher in t20 ?

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kohli proven failure ??? hain

When has DK failed as finisher in t20 ?

Kohli is washed up has been. Forget him dude. He is a corpse now.

Every time I watched dk, even in ipl for cruicla games he choked. Only good thing about him is the fact that he is good vs pace and bounce. I have seen him get bamboozled by spin many times. 

It's like Indian batsmen are either really good vs pace and completely suck vs spin or vice versa. 

I think three innings vs Windies, four vs SA earlier and then a few vs England should be enough to conclude that Iyer don't belong to T20s. Pick him only in ODIs.

In T20s, he isn't good for a place in the squad either. Indian TM need to get this in their brain.

Ishan Kishan or Deepak Hooda should be picked. Pick Ishan as backup opener and Hooda at 4/5 and use as 6th bowler( backup for Pandya or Jadeja).

The series should make few things pretty obvious.

Openers(3) - Rohit, Rahul, Kishan

Middle order(5) - Kohli, SKY, Pant, D Hooda, Pandya( Pant has to fit in MO now)

Lower middle order(2)- Jadeja, DK

Spinner(2) - Yuzi, Kuldeep

Fast bowlers(5) - Bumrah, Bhuvi, Harshal, Arshdeep, Deepak Chahar 

That's 17 and add 1 more for reserves ( Bishnoi). Not really keen on picking Umran or Avesh for the 18 man squad.

Edited by Majestic
39 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Wish they had tested the right Iyer which is Venky Iyer. 

He has been ignored since the return of Pandya who has done a commendable job with both bat and bowl.

Honestly, Venky would have to improve his batting a bit more too to make a case for himself. His bowling is mostly part time. 

15 hours ago, Majestic said:

The series should make few things pretty obvious.

Openers(3) - Rohit, Rahul, Kishan

Middle order(4) - SKY, Pant, D Hooda, Pandya( Pant has to fit in MO now)

Lower middle order(2)- Jadeja, DK

Spinner(2) - Yuzi, Kuldeep

Fast bowlers(5) - Bumrah, Bhuvi, Harshal, Arshdeep, Deepak Chahar 

That's 16 and add 2 more for reserves ( Siraj and Bishnoi). Not really keen on picking Umran or Avesh for the 18 man squad.

this will pretty much be the squad

• Hooda vs Iyer vs Backup all rounder - Iyer failure hasnt helped his case despite so much backing
  • Kuldeep vs Ash vs Bishnoi- This will mostly be gut call from captain n Rohit loves both Ash n Kuldeep 
  • Deepak chahar vs Fitness (if not fit then many have a chance)

These are the remaining battles , these last spots go till last minute unless someone has done well for quite a period .

I dont see Siraj making it since they havent backed him in t20 at all 

6 hours ago, Majestic said:

He has been ignored since the return of Pandya who has done a commendable job with both bat and bowl.

Honestly, Venky would have to improve his batting a bit more too to make a case for himself. His bowling is mostly part time. 

He can be a floater. He can open and also play in the middle. Roll his arm over in case if someone pulls up something or having a terrible day.

Has a strike rate of 162 in the limited matches he played. Basically averaging 20(12). excluding not out 33(20) including not out every innings. Pandya has more like a stabilizer these days.