Why has Ishan Kishan been dropped after an excellent series vs a top team like South Africa?

10 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hooda I think will do alright against Hard lengths...  As he has a open stance like SKY & is a tall guy.  Manages to get in line with the ball.  Cut pull both are strong on the square of the wicket.    But he seems to be a back up option.  He could do wonders for us in Top 3 but seems like TM wants him back up option for either Hardik or Jaddu. 

I have my solid doubts on both against it . Pollard russell also have height but has issues against it , What SKY has in his bag is range that power players like pandya-pollard-russell dont

Rutu, Gill can play it damn well but likes of samson, shaw, hooda, Kishen ,SKy all solid doubt 

10 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Kishan is a interesting case..  He has good matchup vs both Maharaj & Shamsi... So assuming he will be good option to have vs Nawaz & Shadab.  Decent enough on backfoot.  Dude does have issues with fuller length balls & limited stroke play on off side.  Fighting his spot with DK...  Who is first choice clearly.   It's a close call between these two while comparing pros n cons. 

Kishan might get his chance in Zim so let's see how hard he pushes his case.  DK will get the go ahead for Asia Cup at least

Kishen generally gets troubled mostly off spinners who bowl quick like Chase , K gowtham

Only leggie who has troubled him is Tahir rest he has been good against 

Only advantage DK has his role cant be done by any accept KL rahul , unless team wants to send him down but he also hasnt been accustomed to the role . DK has performed also so well post his comeback that he has put his best case forward 

In Zimb kishen has to score big consistently thats his only chance, which wont be easy since he ll be batting at 5 and Zimb wont post big totals 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I have my solid doubts on both against it . Pollard russell also have height but has issues against it , What SKY has in his bag is range that power players like pandya-pollard-russell dont

Rutu, Gill can play it damn well but likes of samson, shaw, hooda, Kishen ,SKy all solid doubt 

Kishen generally gets troubled mostly off spinners who bowl quick like Chase , K gowtham

Only leggie who has troubled him is Tahir rest he has been good against 

Only advantage DK has his role cant be done by any accept KL rahul , unless team wants to send him down but he also hasnt been accustomed to the role . DK has performed also so well post his comeback that he has put his best case forward 

In Zimb kishen has to score big consistently thats his only chance, which wont be easy since he ll be batting at 5 and Zimb wont post big totals 

Rutu might just be the best young Indian batter currently against short stuff thou he has failed in his t20 games so far, he's overall game is quite solid, once Rohit goes I reckon rutu will open with gill in odis. 

On 8/2/2022 at 5:49 AM, raki05 said:

How come this Avesh Kuruvilla getting selected....When he was bash badly even by Irish batter. 

Making up the Madhya Pradesh quota, once domestic teams get stronger and their boards a bit more powerful they start demanding quota in all teams from u19s, India A, deodhar etc. 

Kishan lacks off-side play, no shots btwn point to mid off.

Struggles to score runs against balls going away after pitching on the middle  stump.

But credit to him, he hangs on to his wkts even after so many plays and misses on off stump and manages to score runs

Edited by tapandrun
1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Both Kishan and Gill have overshadowed Dhawan this year even in his best format too.

On merit, Iyer, Samson, Gill and Kishan all deserve to play ahead of Dhawan. Bhai needs to go.

I never rated Kishan earlier.  Now, i m convinced he can be the game changer we are looking for, especially in the sub continent. Opening PowerPlay suits his style of play.  Did well against SA couple of months ago too.     If TM continues to select Dhawan ahead of him, they should be hanged in public.   

53 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I never rated Kishan earlier.  Now, i m convinced he can be the game changer we are looking for, especially in the sub continent. Opening PowerPlay suits his style of play.  Did well against SA couple of months ago too.     If TM continues to select Dhawan ahead of him, they should be hanged in public.   

He was captain of U-19 World Cup team and alongwith Pant, he was rated highly too as a young batsman. The skills sets are there and it is about same when you reach this level for most players and he has the aggressive intent which India needs desperately. 

This thread was for T20s because he is the kind of opener we needed in this format. He showed today that he belonged there and even when he performed in home series vs SA right after IPL, he deserved consistent run. Hope he gets that run now in T20s and is around the team for ODIs too. This double hundred should mean that the selection of second opener for next ODI series vs Sri Lanka needs to be thoroughly discussed and India must look beyond Dhawan.

Between Gill and Kishan, they will chose based on merit but when it comes to Dhawan vs Gill/kishan, Dhawan gets unfair advantage due to being a senior member. Hopefully, that cancels out now because we have a guy with a fastest double hundred as opener in contention.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Threw it away after 35th over. Not enough eggsperience :mad:

Didn't finished the game. That is the difference between him and Dhawan. Dhawan with his eggsperience would have realised the importance of the situation and batted till the end. Lack of experience and maturity from Kishan.

6 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Give Shaw a few chances at the top too and we will be laughing. Both of them have their weaknesses but you have to allow them the chance to figure it out.