Jump to content
Lone Wolf

Pakistan announce squad for Asia Cup

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

But you see..Bhuvi at 7 is very long tail..if we have 5 devastatating bowlers..its easy to just pick batting till 6..D Chahar is better at 7 if he plays..

thats the issue we have..in bolwing Pandya is a good 6th bowling option in current form..but we dont. have any bowler who can bat well..may be DC only

Pdosi may have  shadab at 7,nawaz at 8--very capable with bat..

 

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Tooo long a tail specially when pandya is giving u full 5 overs whom u have made 6th bowler 

 

 

 

My point being, why we need 7 batsman in a 20 over game?

 

I would rather stack my bowling attack

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

 

 

My point being, why we need 7 batsman in a 20 over game?

 

I would rather stack my bowling attack

becoz while batting in an attacking manner u can loose wkts in a bunch 

5 bowlers x 4 overs = 20 overs one backup part timer., how much bowling is needed more. If 5-6 are having an off day surely 7th wont do some magic with runs flowing around in others overs 

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

 

 

My point being, why we need 7 batsman in a 20 over game?

 

I would rather stack my bowling attack

if you see our batting line up..Rohit is injury prone..and not in his best..KL will make comeback so dont know how he will perform..Kohli has struggled in recent times too(this has affected our MO stability as well)..

Pant is good..but he is a high risk high reward player..

to sum up..with only 6 batsmen..we cant afford too many players with ??

 

Having said that..I am not able to pick an eleven myself with confidence

Edited by Need4Speed
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

if you see our batting line up..Rohit is injury prone..and not in his best..KL will make comeback so dont know how he will perform..Kohli has struggled in recent times too(this has affected our MO stability as well)..

Pant is good..but he is a high risk high reward player..

to sum up..with only 6 batsmen..we cant afford too many players with ??

even if these guys werent their and we had next generation like Kishen-Shaw-Rutu all these guys we still need bakup coz they are high risk-high reward players which also means high chance of failures. Rutu although is a different player but with him also he either scores one after another or keeps failing

Link to comment
41 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

wo dew to shaheen ke liye bi hoga aur dew purani baal pe asar karta hai naya fir bhi swing hota hai 

UAE nullifies chahar skill set coz he can only swing, bhuvi can seam the ball too. Conditions can be watever new kookabura always will swing under lights it just differentiate in terms of how long will it in different conditions. Swing or turns mostly gets nullified on pitches like Sydney where ball from pitch comes so easy that batsman get enough time 

Nope once u get a couple of shots in...  Seam does get wet & somehow Kookaburra stops swinging.  Also there is lack of zip on those pitches to extract anything. 

Shaheen has pace & will extract anything in the air if there's even iota of it.  Even he will struggle if he bowls second beyond that 1st over with dry ball. 

Just saying don't expect Bhuvi to move corners at least in UAE.  Nobody except Shaheen managed to find decent enough movement over there last year. 

Link to comment
37 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

even if these guys werent their and we had next generation like Kishen-Shaw-Rutu all these guys we still need bakup coz they are high risk-high reward players which also means high chance of failures. Rutu although is a different player but with him also he either scores one after another or keeps failing

right..however..if we are only going with 6 batsmen..we will require more consistency from all the bastmen..we dont want to get blown away with 2,3 quick wickets in power play..

another concern this brings for us is..batsmen will take lesser risks..the scoring rate will suffer too..when other teams will be playing agressive brand of cricket..

 

 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

right..however..if we are only going with 6 batsmen..we will require more consistency from all the bastmen..we dont want to get blown away with 2,3 quick wickets in power play..

another concern this brings for us is..batsmen will take lesser risks..the scoring rate will suffer too..when other teams will be playing agressive brand of cricket..

 

 

consistency also comes at a cost of lesser risk which can mean less S/r , U cant play freely knowing their isnt much depth

 

Link to comment
13 hours ago, zen said:

Have not followed Pak cricket much off late but hope to see some jasbaa and junoon (and moral victories where applicable) 

 

 

They are becoming a very good LOI , in coming 10 yrs ull see a very solid, professional and consistent Pakistan side . Talent wise they ll still be behind India, England but they will be far better then they were last decade . As of now not enough X factor talents but lets see how many come in next few years 

Link to comment
On 8/5/2022 at 4:09 AM, Need4Speed said:

if you see our batting line up..Rohit is injury prone..and not in his best..KL will make comeback so dont know how he will perform..Kohli has struggled in recent times too(this has affected our MO stability as well)..

Pant is good..but he is a high risk high reward player..

to sum up..with only 6 batsmen..we cant afford too many players with ??

 

Having said that..I am not able to pick an eleven myself with confidence

Rohit is fat, lazy and injury prone but good captain

Kela is mental midget and should only play at 4.

Ishan is ok so far. Just ok. Developing

Pant is good but can be a hack at times

Pandya has become a good bowler now but batting is a little suspect. Still good. 

Surya is our best batsman. 

 

So we have 1 good batsman and 2 or 3 inconsistent but quality batsmen. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Rohit is fat, lazy and injury prone but good captain

Kela is mental midget and should only play at 4.

Ishan is ok so far. Just ok. Developing

Pant is good but can be a hack at times

Pandya has become a good bowler now but batting is a little suspect. Still good. 

Surya is our best batsman. 

 

So we have 1 good batsman and 2 or 3 inconsistent but quality batsmen. 

Hence I dont think we have a settled\all bases covered unit..I will set my expectations low till this WT20..and see how much we develop these new batting prospects and bowling prospects..In 2 years we should have good time to see how things shape up..meanwhile lets see how many more talents we unearth in IPL..

Link to comment
On 8/4/2022 at 3:20 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dk is also old but doesnt pace doesnt bother him one bit. Basic game against pace needs to be strong which looks like with iftikhar 

Dk is a far better cricketer than Iftikhar and he is much younger than Chacha. Chacah is 31 year old but in "Afghani:  years , which some Pakistanis also use, starting from Shahid Afridi. 

Link to comment

Pakistani pacers will be quicker and Shaheen will extract more help than Bhuvi with new ball.
What the hell we are doing with Bhuvi then,

1) he can't play at no 7 or 8(don't expect 20 of 14 balls from him)
2) Other teams have bowlers with superior skillsets with new ball
3) His death over bowling is not best in the world
4) He don't have variations like a bumper ball, only knuckles or occasional yorkers.

So, he is jack of all and master of none. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...