Arshdeep Singh is Gold

6 hours ago, Adamant said:

He is doing better than hard hitting Prasidh. 

yes he is, but Prasidh has pace and height i.e. bounce.  That combo is not something you can teach.  So Prasidh - like Ishant, is always going to be in the mix and get more than a 'fair' number of chances.  Because if he does get his skillset and execution right, he can be Hazelwood/McGrath good.

But I would keep Prasidh away from T20 for couple of years or so.  ODI maybe.  But no T20s for him.  

Edited by sandeep
5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Just saying that Windies is sort of a lower level opponent, especially on the batting front.  I think his lack of height and that extra half a yard pace that's lacking, is ultimately going to catch up to him.  I mean, I would love to be wrong, but as of now, this is my perception and opinion.

One has to do a basis research before talking about anything.

He is super tall. 6'3 is what Google says. Read same in a CI article in his first season. Looked taller than his teammates Rahul, Hooda, Gayle

7 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

One has to do a basis research before talking about anything.

He is super tall. 6'3 is what Google says. Read same in a CI article in his first season. Looked taller than his teammates Rahul, Hooda, Gayle

sorry no way he's 6'3".  And at a min Krishna has a handy 4+ inches on him, probably closer to 6.  That's a non-trivial difference....  Don't believe reported heights of players - Kohli is reported as 6 ft tall and he's not. 

Just now, sandeep said:

sorry no way he's 6'3".  And at a min Krishna has a handy 4+ inches on him, probably closer to 6.  That's a non-trivial difference....  Don't believe reported heights of players - Kohli is reported as 6 ft tall and he's not. 

Why? Didn't you watch him live. He is Gayle's height, check any highlight or pics.

Kohli 6 wtf. Literally no one said so.

14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Just saying that Windies is sort of a lower level opponent, especially on the batting front.  I think his lack of height and that extra half a yard pace that's lacking, is ultimately going to catch up to him.  I mean, I would love to be wrong, but as of now, this is my perception and opinion.

They could be lower level opponents but as individual players they are brilliant,  as a team you could say they are directionless. Harshdeep is  6.3 , not short by any stretch of imagination.  There you go, wins MOS just as i write this.

16 hours ago, express bowling said:

Arshdeep has a much higher ceiling than Nattu

He is taller 

He is a bit quicker and has the potential to add more pace

He is much younger

He is better at deception

He gets more late swing on his Yorkers.

From what little I have seen of him, I love him.

I probably would love if he got a bit more fired up and hostile in his demeanor as a pace bowler.  It will come across as a lot more intimidating for batsmen.

His body language appears to be kind, gentile and docile. Mind you, Bumrah has a similar temperament and its held him well, so what do I know?!  lol.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

I probably would love if he got a bit more fired up and hostile in his demeanor as a pace bowler.  It will come across as a lot more intimidating for batsmen.

His body language appears to be kind, gentile and docile. Mind you, Bumrah has a similar temperament and its held him well, so what do I know?!  lol.

Bumrah has so much more pace and bounce that it sort of complements his cool temperament and brings out the best of both worlds. And Boom often goes after a batsman with extra hostility when he is irritated. 

I would love more hostility in Arshdeep's bowling even if he prefers to keep a smiling exterior. And he needs to run in more aggressively 

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah has so much more pace and bounce that it sort of complements his cool temperament and brings out the best of both worlds. And Boom often goes after a batsman with extra hostility when he is irritated. 

I would love more hostility in Arshdeep's bowling even if he prefers to keep a smiling exterior. And he needs to run in more aggressively 

You must have loved those yorkers in the T20I in the last game. Mouth watering.

I think as a new kid its fine for the time being, he will learn to develop that hostility and aggressive nature over time. I agree with the smiling exterior and approach to the wicket while bowling.

He will eventually cop abuse from batsmen and I hope that fires him up.

3 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Nha booms can get real aggressive if he is riled up. Not in your face kind of attitude but he will pitch it hard and into your throat and give you a cheeky smile Indicating that more chin music awaits you lol.

54 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nha booms can get real aggressive if he is riled up. Not in your face kind of attitude but he will pitch it hard and into your throat and give you a cheeky smile Indicating that more chin music awaits you lol.

What myself and @express bowling were talking about is physical demeanor. 

No Bumrah doesnt get physically aggressive with his body language, however his bowling does more lethal thats for sure.

In any case, Bumrah has a proven successful formula so it doesnt apply to him. The new kid however....

22 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

There's still a spot for the 3rd seamer. 

Bhuvi, Bumrah, Arshdeep, Chahal, Axar, Pandya. That would be the core of our bowling ahead. 

Congratulations! LOL! Bumrah is out of Asia Cup. Destiny chose Arshdeep.

Edited by Chakdephatte
2 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

It is sad that from the 2018 under 19 world cup, the likes of mavi and Nagarkoti have gotten nowhere. Arshdeep is alright but his ceiling is lower than those 2.

I just hope Kartik Tyagi doesn't go the same way.

Defending four in last over against Punjab, is already more hyped up than these because of that over. Even with injuries he has more success than these two. But stupid Steyn chose Umran over him. He would be a sure starter in most other teams.

On 8/8/2022 at 9:15 PM, Chakdephatte said:

Defending four in last over against Punjab, is already more hyped up than these because of that over. Even with injuries he has more success than these two. But stupid Steyn chose Umran over him. He would be a sure starter in most other teams.

More than Steyn it has got more to do with how wrong our scouting system, TM & captains are.. they have happily let SRH bag all the bowlers