Arshdeep Singh is Gold

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

I doubt it with that action and run up.

Did it to Miller today

1.6 Oh, my days what a ball! That's as good a display of swing bowling one can see. He got the last ball to shape away. To Miller, he gets it back in. The batter plays all around it with the ball clattering top of middle. Arshdeep has the ball on a string and SA can't do anything. 8/4

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Getting the ball back into LHB is not the same as getting the indipper to RHB. There is a huge difference between those two. 

We had a whole discusion about it in the match thread.

he swung it away from LHB too. First two wickets.

Also troubled Roy with that in England

Just now, zen said:

And when both have their pros and cons to "really" worry about them too much 

With Arshdeep there are more pros than cons. He's young, he's got a future in all formats of the game. I can name 5 bowlers who are better and deserving than Harshal Patel (32). So i wouldn't compare. Chalk and Cheese for me. 

Just now, Sean Bradley said:

With Arshdeep there are more pros than cons. He's young, he's got a future in all formats of the game. I can name 5 bowlers who are better and deserving than Harshal Patel (32). So i wouldn't compare. Chalk and Cheese for me. 

You are comparing by starting two extreme threads to support Arshdeep ... Not many care for either Arshdeep or Harshal 

33 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

His death bowling needs to improve.  No.11 batsman Dahani hit 2 sixes in his last over in Asia cup.  K Maharaj did the same last night.   Good thing is he has age in his side.  With exposure, his confidence will grow further.

I think Dahani hit one of Bhuvi then one of him.

35 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

His death bowling needs to improve.  No.11 batsman Dahani hit 2 sixes in his last over in Asia cup.  K Maharaj did the same last night.   Good thing is he has age in his side.  With exposure, his confidence will grow further.

He bowled better to main batsman where he stuck to his yorkers. He experimented a bit against other tailenders. 

His death bowling is not the same as it was in IPL . Misses Yorkers and hence goes for other variations and in the process some loose balls. This he needs to tighten up again. May be trying to add some variation instead of all yorkers at death and hence missing the length a bit . 

Looked  very good in PP in 1st game vs SA but you will not get such pitches in WC games .

So PP will be an issue for him as of now if there is no swing. Does not have pace and will try slower ones if attacked in PP.

But a good prospect - can bowl in duckers and also swing it away to RHB, Can make the ball move away from over the wicket  & also come in, a reasonable Bouncer and  Height . Need to add some pace and get that little swing to hit stumps/LBW  in PP .  

He is work in progress , need to give him some  more time to achieve consistency. Till then not expect him too much.   

Edited by prudent_kreeda