Rules to respect Hinduism

zen

Being a highly complex esoteric civilization, Hinduism has become fairly open ended. The idea was to ensure that we don't get clubbed with Abrahamic religions and their dogmatic rigid belief system. It made sense since there is no religion called Hinduism. We don't have a defined book or defined ways of being. 

But this openness has been used against by those who seek expansion. The fault lines have been exploited. So I would say let's stop being Vishwa guru and holier than thou. Let's call it a religion with very clear DOs and DONTs. Otherwise we stand to lose in this asymmetry battle. 

One issue is that not many understand Hinduism. Not even priests and many times the religion becomes priests’ driven (and not how it is supposed to be followed) but that is a different topic. 

No matter what one’s outlook is - right or wrong, keeping holy places/sites world class esp. cleanliness, not disrespecting Gods through random logos, having proper understanding of what is acceptable when talking about Gods, etc., are basic (basic of basics). 

6 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Dalit boy in rajasthan beaten to death by his school teacher of all bastards for touching his water pot.

Brahmin girl was abused, stripped by Yadav goons in Bihar , just a day after RJD comes to power. Recently 5 people in a IP Brahmin people committed suicide as they couldn’t get out of poverty. 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Brahmin girl was abused, stripped by Yadav goons in Bihar , just a day after RJD comes to power. Recently 5 people in a IP Brahmin people committed suicide as they couldn’t get out of poverty. 

Comparing a crime that happened because of the caste of the poor child to some random crimes where the victim’s caste is not even related is the exact reason why religion is not popular with younger generation. If you were in Nazi Germany, you probably would have be quoting articles about a random German killed in a fight when millions of Jews were being killed.

If you don’t address casteism and pretend all is good, then good luck on making people to “Respect” Hinduism. 

4 hours ago, ash said:

Comparing a crime that happened because of the caste of the poor child to some random crimes where the victim’s caste is not even related is the exact reason why religion is not popular with younger generation. If you were in Nazi Germany, you probably would have be quoting articles about a random German killed in a fight when millions of Jews were being killed.

If you don’t address casteism and pretend all is good, then good luck on making people to “Respect” Hinduism. 

You are comparing a random incident to Nazi Germans killing 6 million Jews as the same. We have laws here that punishes discrimination of any kind even reverse discrimination of Brahmins that you seem to not mind at all.  unlike in Germany where it was not illegal to discriminate against Jews. . Still you don’t hesitate to run the Godwin’s law of internet discussion. 

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You need attend the training and stop retributive discrimination of Brahmins which is also illegal, maybe not in a DMK dumeel ruled state. 

Lol. Classic victim mentality. If you can’t even accept casteism when a 9 yr old Dalit boy is killed, then I think it is fate that you are destined to work under a Christian white man for the rest of your life :phehe: 

3 minutes ago, ash said:

Lol. Classic victim mentality. If you can’t even accept casteism when a 9 yr old Dalit boy is killed, then I think it is fate that you are destined to work under a Christian white man for the rest of your life :phehe: 

Tell me where I denied it as not casteism . But you don’t accept this reverse discrimination which is rampant. You don’t even count dalits being assaulted or abused by Muslims as a caste crime. It is a random incident of law and order 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Tell me where I denied it as not casteism . But you don’t accept this reverse discrimination which is rampant. You don’t even count dalits being assaulted or abused by Muslims as a caste crime. It is a random incident of law and order 

do me a favour , google what an outlier is in statistics. Every issue will have an outlier. If 1000 women undergo domestic abuse, there will be of course some outlier case of a man getting abused somewhere. But actual stats will tell a different story.

so everytime we speak about an issue, don’t try to gaslight it by bringing some outlier cases and whataboutery. Reverse Racism, Reverse Castesim are all terms used by Racists and Casteists. 

44 minutes ago, diga said:

ricebags successfully derailed the thread turning it into caste war... typical

well, the OP asked for Respect. With people like you in it, the religion will never be respected. 

Edited by ash

4 hours ago, ash said:

do me a favour , google what an outlier is in statistics. Every issue will have an outlier. If 1000 women undergo domestic abuse, there will be of course some outlier case of a man getting abused somewhere. But actual stats will tell a different story.

so everytime we speak about an issue, don’t try to gaslight it by bringing some outlier cases and whataboutery. Reverse Racism, Reverse Castesim are all terms used by Racists and Casteists. 

Don’t bring caste wars in a discussion of Hindu religion. That is considered atrocity literature in this debate that’s what missionaries do. Let’s talk about how to improve from within and internalize the problem. . We are talking about how to get others to respect Hinduism. This is not about listing some random caste crimes like Stan did.  Then you go about equating that crime to Nazis. That’s where the debate dies. 

12 hours ago, ash said:

Read that Caste angle was a propoganda here. 

Right, MF Hussain painted a nude goddess due to caste. This has become a troll fest and i'm gonna take it further: 

Learn from phasshtesht growing religion

market it as the original religion of :peace:

produce lots of :preggers:

announce multiple times a day on loudspeaker :director:

And lastly, consider learning a thing or two about offenses, swords and explosives :finger:

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Don’t bring caste wars in a discussion of Hindu religion. That is considered atrocity literature in this debate that’s what missionaries do. Let’s talk about how to improve from within and internalize the problem. . We are talking about how to get others to respect Hinduism. This is not about listing some random caste crimes like Stan did.  Then you go about equating that crime to Nazis. That’s where the debate dies. 

Caste is part of Hindu religion right?. Why should he not bring it up then? How can one respect a religion which kills a 9 year old cause of his birth? 

Blaming everything on missionaries and Muslims and conveniently ignoring caste is  a cowardly way to escape reality