For NRIs - do you feel like you belong in the place you now call home?

bharathh

38 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Let’s not group farmers with khalistanis may be they had legitimate concern with MSP

That's when (farm bills) the noise around secession, violence & hate speech started (again), u'd be blind to miss the trend. Obviously not saying group of x is 100% y but there's a lump of overlap. 

Edited by Clarke

9 hours ago, gattaca said:

It seems he is not arrested though cops called aside and talked to him. He won’t be arrested until there is physical assault.

He spat couple of times. That is against Covid rules . It is very normal for people and staff to ignore any kind of argument. I have faced it in a public bus where bunch of AA girls started ragging two of us. None in the bus came for our support , India mein hota, people will start intervening and say a few things. Zaroorat se zyada in some cases. 

Edited by coffee_rules

Coming back to topic, I met a distant relative long back. He had his businesses in the southern states and would roam around those states while dining in his fav restaurants and visiting family and friends. He come stay in his luxury apartment in Pune in winter and have the indulgences in India. If one were to ask him about where he belonged, the obvious answer would be both.  

5 hours ago, Under_Score said:

The aggressor has some serious anger management issues...He just doesn't shut up even though the dude he is yelling at is not fighting back. Disgraceful unwanted rant generalizing the entire Hindu community for the mistake of few involved in the anti-Sikh 84 Genocide. :facepalm:

He knows he will not fight he clearly said Hindus are weak and get mugged. But he is missing the point when you are immigrant you don’t make any noise or fight back else you get deported especially in US. Every immigration form in US they ask about cases. He is definitely not knowledgeable about history of India looks like born in US but not educated. 

Edited by gattaca

Indians are very numerous obviously. Where ever we form ghettos we get this hate, also since we are darker skinned often form exclusive Indian groups and are affluent people hate Indians more. Low iq people normally have such basal emotions, higher iq ones normally hide these emotions very well. I would never love any country more than India, but home is canada and have not experienced any form of racism here probably because there are so many Indians it looks like chandigarh. But a look at some reddit group would tell you how deep seated racial hate is. People generally need some identity to hate ' others' so never trust anyone and never give some one enough power to harm you. 

Edited by Vilander

On 8/29/2022 at 1:56 PM, Under_Score said:

The aggressor has some serious anger management issues...He just doesn't shut up even though the dude he is yelling at is not fighting back. Disgraceful unwanted rant generalizing the entire Hindu community for the mistake of few involved in the anti-Sikh 84 Genocide. :facepalm:

In general if found Sikhs hate India lol deeply, khalistan farmer protest anti hindu. They think they are punjabi better etc.  Its pathetic really. 

Hindus need to grow a pair and defend themselves. 

On 8/29/2022 at 8:01 PM, coffee_rules said:

He spat couple of times. That is against Covid rules . It is very normal for people and staff to ignore any kind of argument. I have faced it in a public bus where bunch of AA girls started ragging two of us. None in the bus came for our support , India mein hota, people will start intervening and say a few things. Zaroorat se zyada in some cases. 

What is an AA girl? 

Yes I do feel like I belong here. Land belongs to nobody, not to whites, not to natives. I feel belonged as I strive to become a better human each day and society or family doesn't bring me down here. I can focus on what matters, instead of tackling distractions all the time. India is beautiful, food, language is beautiful but people absolutely suck. People just don't stop interfering, giving unsolicited advices, Indian society is very regressive in this regard. Their is no suaveness, everything is so crude and primitive. 

23 minutes ago, Vancouver said:

Yes I do feel like I belong here. Land belongs to nobody, not to whites, not to natives. I feel belonged as I strive to become a better human each day and society or family doesn't bring me down here. I can focus on what matters, instead of tackling distractions all the time. India is beautiful, food, language is beautiful but people absolutely suck. People just don't stop interfering, giving unsolicited advices, Indian society is very regressive in this regard. Their is no suaveness, everything is so crude and primitive. 

Are you First generation or ABCD? Very intriguing that you use “Their” for “There”.  If you are First generation, how long did you live in India to form an opinion that Indian society is regressive, crude and primitive? If you are 2nd or 3rd generation, how did you form that opinion? Media/reading or generally BSing. 

Well my surprise is why we’re the staff all quiet and doing their job while this was happening. What do the regulations say. I was surprised how long this was going on. 

And yes issue wasn’t that he was khalistani. Issue was anger management. Should also add it has nothing to do with religion. 

Edited by ravishingravi

1 minute ago, Under_Score said:

Sikh NRIs don't hate India ( Doesn't matter Khalistani supporters or otherwise ) ...they just hate all the wrong doings by M'*in Indian lowlife piece of shyt politicians & their respective party. That is why people of Punjab chose AAP this time....full support from people like me in Canada :top: 

BJP or Kangress can go into Hindutva ass & rot....:wp1:

the English quote. About apple and tree. About birds and flock. They can’t even keep up the act for couple of minutes. Like the guy in the video, he was coming to his senses in between. But the the wave of hatred was rising again and again.  

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

In general if found Sikhs hate India lol deeply, khalistan farmer protest anti hindu. They think they are punjabi better etc.  Its pathetic really. 

Hindus need to grow a pair and defend themselves. 

The majority from the layman to the PM are making the mistake of considering them as some kind of blood brothers. They honor the secessionist militant leader in their places of worship across the world or even build one in his memory. If the other minority did this, there'd be daily outrage over it.