For NRIs - do you feel like you belong in the place you now call home?

bharathh

On 8/31/2022 at 11:04 PM, ravishingravi said:

This is not a white guy. This is Tejinder. But you know. He could well have been one of our resident Khalistanis. 

He is doing same thing there what this under_score do on this forum. Hope one day both of them deported to their farm land.:hysterical:

3 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Please don't make me feel old by referring to me as Sir....lol

These are the links to some articles about views of some people regarding this. Even though they could be personal views, some of the propaganda facts are very rightly mentioned, especially when the Punjab farmers protest started in 2021.

https://qr.ae/pvgbgs

https://qr.ae/pvgbgN

Before that happened, I did not pay much attention about what BJP is doing with Muslims, that changed when the corporate friendly farm laws were hastily passed in the parliament under the guise of voice vote. 

The way the laws were drafted, it was like throwing the farmers at the mercy of a greedy person like Adani. Punjab farmers were very defiant & stood ground until they were repealed.

I do acknowledge that farming in Punjab has to change for better, not the same old Rice & Wheat production. Let's see what Bhagwant Mann will do regarding this.

Sikhs in Punjab & Abroad do not trust BJP/RSS nexus, Congress & Akali Dal. No wonder the sentiment of people of Punjab was reflected with a resounding win of AAP in Punjab.

From here on, Congress , Akali Dal & BJP/RSS will try their best to create trouble in Punjab, it will be interesting to see if AAP can survive this & show some progress in the coming years.

For BJP wallas, AAP win in Punjab hurt the most because just when BJP had managed to finish the Congress party, now AAP which had a firm hold on Delhi now had this big win in Punjab.

That is why you come across so much anger from Bhakts worldwide towards NRI Sikhs because they fully supported the farmers protest until Modi gave up.

Past Govts in India controlled the only media Doordarshan, censored news accoring to their requirement. These days BJP is controlling by twisting all the facts in the Mainstream media, Social Media is posing a big challenge to them because videos get recorded instantly & get shared worldwide in a few seconds. Truth is there for all to see.

Still you didn’t answer why you or Sikhs in general should hate BJP ? Switched from inane videos to googling Quora. Usse gyaan le rahe ho?  BJP had alliance with Akalis and they fell out of peoples’ confidence. AAP is favorable now but they are into freebies and supporting Khalistani forces. 1984 was not Modi’s  doing. It seems like the Khalistani hate for Hindus that you are manifesting. 

Edited by coffee_rules

8 hours ago, raki05 said:

On topic look at this Tajinder piece of **** ....it talks a lot about few Indians boasting of foreign life here not just Foreigner even chutiya desis living there for long hates you.

I did posted this some time back that there is some mental issue among few of the second Gen people from the Punjab region living in west. They don’t respect, even their own  parents, And feel really frustrated when they suddenly see nee generation of educated Indian immigrants are living better life within a decade of their immigration.

Edited by mishra

8 hours ago, Under_Score said:

LOL....Some of you guys keep calling me Khalistani so many times.........ek din mein majboor ho kar Khalistini ban jaaounga :phehe:

Regarding Sikhs hating BJP.....I can only vouch for myself, I started hating during the Farmer's protest, I have been here for a while now.....have never bothered what BJP did before that. More than the freebies by AAP, it is the trust that Punjab farmers lost in BJP.  Punjab farmers felt that new farm laws were going to create a parallel market that would initially pay better price than the Mandi system & eventually finish the Mandi system....then Adani would dictate terms & Punjab farmers would have no alternative & fall into the corporate trap, their farm land value would go down as well...there were so many flaws in the farm laws, BJP realized that too late, by then the trust was gone.....then AAP won :wp1:

Nah, even before farmers protest, you were defending Jagmeet ke kaarname and I remember when we objected for some Canada day celebrations where Khalistani parade also took place. Your whole fight with Mulo was on this issue. BTW, this happened in your neighborhood. First time in 75 years!!

The Consulate General of India in Vancouver held the country’s 76th Independence Day celebrations in the city of Surrey for the first time. Surrey, a city in British Columbia, is the hotbed of Khalistani separatists.

Aren’t you from Surrey?

I honestly cant see any real benefit in migrating to other countries, perhaps my perspective is different from other people. If you work hard enough in India, you can still make it and have a decent standard of living even though I admit its not perfect but even living in a foreign country will have its own drawbacks. Perhaps around 20 years or before, it would have made sense but not anymore.

1 hour ago, kubrickian said:

I honestly cant see any real benefit in migrating to other countries, perhaps my perspective is different from other people. If you work hard enough in India, you can still make it and have a decent standard of living even though I admit its not perfect but even living in a foreign country will have its own drawbacks. Perhaps around 20 years or before, it would have made sense but not anymore.

Spot on. In fact I believe India has more and better opportunities. But there is question mark on quality of life. Honestly India will continue to grow but quality of growth will always been question mark. There is trade off for sure. 

15 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Please don't make me feel old by referring to me as Sir....lol

These are the links to some articles about views of some people regarding this. Even though they could be personal views, some of the propaganda facts are very rightly mentioned, especially when the Punjab farmers protest started in 2021.

https://qr.ae/pvgbgs

https://qr.ae/pvgbgN

Before that happened, I did not pay much attention about what BJP is doing with Muslims, that changed when the corporate friendly farm laws were hastily passed in the parliament under the guise of voice vote. 

The way the laws were drafted, it was like throwing the farmers at the mercy of a greedy person like Adani. Punjab farmers were very defiant & stood ground until they were repealed.

I do acknowledge that farming in Punjab has to change for better, not the same old Rice & Wheat production. Let's see what Bhagwant Mann will do regarding this.

Sikhs in Punjab & Abroad do not trust BJP/RSS nexus, Congress & Akali Dal. No wonder the sentiment of people of Punjab was reflected with a resounding win of AAP in Punjab.

From here on, Congress , Akali Dal & BJP/RSS will try their best to create trouble in Punjab, it will be interesting to see if AAP can survive this & show some progress in the coming years.

For BJP wallas, AAP win in Punjab hurt the most because just when BJP had managed to finish the Congress party, now AAP which had a firm hold on Delhi now had this big win in Punjab.

That is why you come across so much anger from Bhakts worldwide towards NRI Sikhs because they fully supported the farmers protest until Modi gave up.

Past Govts in India controlled the only media Doordarshan, censored news accoring to their requirement. These days BJP is controlling by twisting all the facts in the Mainstream media, Social Media is posing a big challenge to them because videos get recorded instantly & get shared worldwide in a few seconds. Truth is there for all to see.

The sir is to keep you in dialogue, I normally don't get called out in person, normally people are very nice to me in person lol. 

Posts with respect enable dialogue. Its useless to insult each other or be perceived to be doing so as it wastes time which I don't have.

The below content from quora needs to be fact checked when some of us have time. 

"

main-qimg-cc824e804a41231d83092bcf7cfffa

This is opinion not fact. 

main-qimg-3f8063630cf4957c56f12a817b895b

Needs fact checking

"

Firstly there was an Anti-Sikh Riot in 1966 when Jan Sangh (predecessor of BJP) had attacked Sikhs because of the newly created Punjab State.

Jan Sanghwhich became RSS had wanted to sell tobacco within the premises of the Golden Temple and when Sikhs started peacefully protesting under Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale they held a Tobacco Protest where they tried entering the Golden Temple and some had thrown cigarettes in it.

Harbans Lal (a BJP leader) had destroyed a model of the Darbar Sahib near the Amritsar Railway Station because Sikhs were protesting for the train to be named Harmander.

On 3 May 1984, a few weeks before Blue Star commenced on 1 June, the BJP leaders LK Advani and AB Vajpayee sat on a dharna in Delhi, demanding that the armed forces be sent into the Golden Temple.

After Operation Blue Star, there were several reports stating that the RSS distributed laddus in celebration of the military action.

On 8 November 1984, Nanaji Deshmukh, a Jan Sangh leader published an essay, “Moment of Soul Searching,” in which he praised Indira Gandhi for Blue Star and justified the 1984 Sikh massacre by saying that it was the fault of the Sikh leaders of that time. LK Advani even stated that Sikhs should “Stand down and take the pain in.”

A number of BJP and RSS leaders were involved in the 1984 massacre. At least 49 members of the BJP and Sangh are named in the 14 first information reports registered at the Delhi City police station after the massacre."

38 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Spot on. In fact I believe India has more and better opportunities. But there is question mark on quality of life. Honestly India will continue to grow but quality of growth will always been question mark. There is trade off for sure. 

Meh ... to each their own; it varies considerably based on field of work and one's desired lifestyle. If you are a businessperson or engineer with lucrative opportunities to live an "IT-style" urban life in India, sure, it's probably better than living in California or in the NY/NJ sprawl.  If you are a Biology teacher with a degree from the 90s and a love of solitude, it is hard to beat small-town America.  

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

The sir is to keep you in dialogue, I normally don't get called out in person, normally people are very nice to me in person lol. 

Posts with respect enable dialogue. Its useless to insult each other or be perceived to be doing so as it wastes time which I don't have.

The below content from quora needs to be fact checked when some of us have time. 

"

main-qimg-cc824e804a41231d83092bcf7cfffa

This is opinion not fact. 

main-qimg-3f8063630cf4957c56f12a817b895b

Needs fact checking

"

Firstly there was an Anti-Sikh Riot in 1966 when Jan Sangh (predecessor of BJP) had attacked Sikhs because of the newly created Punjab State.

Jan Sanghwhich became RSS had wanted to sell tobacco within the premises of the Golden Temple and when Sikhs started peacefully protesting under Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale they held a Tobacco Protest where they tried entering the Golden Temple and some had thrown cigarettes in it.

Harbans Lal (a BJP leader) had destroyed a model of the Darbar Sahib near the Amritsar Railway Station because Sikhs were protesting for the train to be named Harmander.

On 3 May 1984, a few weeks before Blue Star commenced on 1 June, the BJP leaders LK Advani and AB Vajpayee sat on a dharna in Delhi, demanding that the armed forces be sent into the Golden Temple.

After Operation Blue Star, there were several reports stating that the RSS distributed laddus in celebration of the military action.

On 8 November 1984, Nanaji Deshmukh, a Jan Sangh leader published an essay, “Moment of Soul Searching,” in which he praised Indira Gandhi for Blue Star and justified the 1984 Sikh massacre by saying that it was the fault of the Sikh leaders of that time. LK Advani even stated that Sikhs should “Stand down and take the pain in.”

A number of BJP and RSS leaders were involved in the 1984 massacre. At least 49 members of the BJP and Sangh are named in the 14 first information reports registered at the Delhi City police station after the massacre."

Some facts for you

RSS formed in 1925

Jansangh in the 1950s

Merged with Janata Party in 1977. JanSangh didn’t become RSS. 

BJP formed in 1980

There was no JanSangh in 1984

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Nah, even before farmers protest, you were defending Jagmeet ke kaarname and I remember when we objected for some Canada day celebrations where Khalistani parade also took place. Your whole fight with Mulo was on this issue. BTW, this happened in your neighborhood. First time in 75 years!!

The Consulate General of India in Vancouver held the country’s 76th Independence Day celebrations in the city of Surrey for the first time. Surrey, a city in British Columbia, is the hotbed of Khalistani separatists.

Aren’t you from Surrey?

he and his khalistani buddies must be crying themselves to sleep  :laugh:

3 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Baisakhi Nagar kirtan happens every year.....Khalistan float is always there in the parade.......so what, some people are pro-Khalistani...some are not, Do you think that people who are not pro-Khalistani will fight with people in their own community for the sake of India where anti-Sikh genocide happened :facepalm:

@coffee_rules very Interesting point he has raised; so basically,

Muslims standing up together with their Ummah despite differences between them to oppose India=  Great

Sikhs being united over a cause despite differences between, them to oppose India= Great

Hindus wanting to be united despite differences between them to stand up for wrong doings in the past and present: Hindutva fascists, Sanghi islamophobes, anti minority etc etc

19 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Some facts for you

RSS formed in 1925

Jansangh in the 1950s

Merged with Janata Party in 1977. JanSangh didn’t become RSS. 

BJP formed in 1980

There was no JanSangh in 1984

I know bjp is more recent. But is there any validity to the names mentioned as being involved in 1984 riots, perhaps from janata party

10 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Doesn't matter which party is in power in my province....the Premier is always there for a nice speech supporting the parade every year & Thanking the Sikh community for their contribution towards the growth of the country's economy, these Premiers don't give a F about what dirty scumbag Indian politicians or their supporters will feel about it...:top:

There is also an Indian community in Canada they will support them too if they would vote for them lol , Canadian politicians won't give a fleeting f about dirty politics from India, since they are bust with the dirty politics from cananda. 

10 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Baisakhi Nagar kirtan happens every year.....Khalistan float is always there in the parade.......so what, some people are pro-Khalistani...some are not, Do you think that people who are not pro-Khalistani will fight with people in their own community for the sake of India where anti-Sikh genocide happened

This is logical and valid. This shows the need for reconciliation.