Why are we trying to bring back Trundler Culture in Indian cricket again  ??  Our pace bowling revolution started with the pace and bounce of Bumrah and Shami.and the height of Ishant.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Umran and Sen bowl out team under 100 on same pitch where even experienced trundlers like Unadkat struggle.

Exactly !  

Trundlers sometimes take some early wickets with the new ball when the ball is moving. But struggle when the ball gets older and the pitch gets flatter. Happened with Unadkat, Sakaria and Mukesh. The middle order can then score big and take the team to a large total. 

But the pace and bounce of Umran and Sen ensured that wickets kept on falling with the slightly older ball

And hence the very low total. 

Edited by express bowling
On 10/1/2022 at 5:16 AM, express bowling said:

I hope the IPL scouts are able to find two more 150 k+ Indian pacers for IPL 2023. 

It was fun seeing Umran bowling express with the red ball today and picking up 3 wickets + 1 dropped catch off him.

Yea. they will scout alright. But they will end becoming net bowlers

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

ODI Squad against SA has .. 

Mukesh Kumar .... Averages 44 in List A.   :facepalm:

D. Chahar

Shardul

Avesh 

Siraj the only good quick bowler. 

3 short medium pacers for ODIs.  :mad:

I feel like quitting watching Indian cricket with Chetan at the helm. 

Is this the worst selection committee ever ??

They are outstanding in their sense of style and medium pace bowling. You gotta remember line and length and pace of 120k is enough and important to be a great indian medium pacer ok. You know nothing, that's why chetan and mohanty were great and that's what is needed for India. 

Ok. No need of 150 k bowlers not good.

Debashish-Mohanty-and-Chetan-Sharma.jpg

It's all going to  e good look at them and their stylish good looks. 

Cool bro.

46 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Only upside is he is Tall & a young lad. 

Say what you will.... tall works against Pakistan. Whether it is BKV Prasad or that guy Porel in the U19 game (Porel was more effective than both higher rated Mavi and Nagarkoti)  .... height works against Pak. 

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Will arshdeep also be considered a trundler?   What is his avg speed and highest speed?   

He is a tall swing bowler. He can crank it up i think if needed. Right now he is an unfinished product. Trying things unnecessarily. I think he will get better. One thing that he can immediately fix is no balls. Bowled three of them. He is not  a total loss. Today Nortje travelled as well. He hit 148 kph as top speed.

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Will arshdeep also be considered a trundler?   What is his avg speed and highest speed?   

He has got some upside. He is tall, left armer & sometimes he can push up to 140 to 143 kph currently. Hopefully he can keep improving all his skill sets. He can be good support cast with Others being Bumrah, Tyagi, Sen, Moshin, Umran, Prasidh being the enforcers.

Guys like Bhuvi, Harshal, random Kumar's need to be kicked out and kept far from national team.

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

ODI Squad against SA has .. 

Mukesh Kumar .... Averages 44 in List A.   :facepalm:

D. Chahar

Shardul

Avesh 

Siraj the only good quick bowler. 

3 short medium pacers for ODIs.  :mad:

I feel like quitting watching Indian cricket with Chetan at the helm. 

Is this the worst selection committee ever ??

When this joker Chetan Sharma term ends.. hope it's before next year Home ODI. Otherwise we will be screwed.

Dilip Vengsarkar was the last Selector who had guts and we gave chances to lot of promising lads. After him all selectors have been joke albeit Srikanth who was lucky in 2011 to be in same period we had lots of ATG in the Team. 

52 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He is a tall swing bowler. He can crank it up i think if needed. Right now he is an unfinished product. Trying things unnecessarily. I think he will get better. One thing that he can immediately fix is no balls. Bowled three of them. He is not  a total loss. Today Nortje travelled as well. He hit 148 kph as top speed.

Boobi could never achieve that even in a  car.

3 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Arshdeep is basically a trundler who can occasionally bowl fast-medium during the death overs. 

But he is the best smong trundlers as he is tall and can swing the ball.

But I doubt that Arshdeep will ever be an all condition bowler. Among left armers, Mohsin has a higher ceiling. 

25 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Arshdeep is basically a trundler who can occasionally bowl fast-medium during the death overs. 

But he is the best smong trundlers as he is tall and can swing the ball.

But I doubt that Arshdeep will ever be an all condition bowler. Among left armers, Mohsin has a higher ceiling. 

Arshdeep had a off day only because he like the other quicks couldnt land the ball properly due to 94% humidity.. One failure is good enough to judge him quickly, He did well in the Asia cup last overs & australia should be dry conditions too hopefully.. Yes he cant be a 145k bowler anyways, so the expectation should be that even if he touches high 130's that's respectable from his perspective.

Mukesh kumar type bowlers, we would have another one in the same category, India U19's Ravi Kumar who helped win the U19 world cup final, he is definitely one to watch out for in the coming years, I feel he can be in the 135+ category & swing both ways & has a bit of height to go with it.