Why are we trying to bring back Trundler Culture in Indian cricket again  ??  Our pace bowling revolution started with the pace and bounce of Bumrah and Shami.and the height of Ishant.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

bumrah-shami-siraj are the most skillfull bowlers in the country they can have bad days but they are skillfull and experienced 

Their is guarntee that the man who replaces them will do better 

Siraj is skillful, but he got chances only when all premier bowlers were injured in Australia.

So it's not that selectors selected him by choice, he was just a majboori. Had all main bowlers were fit, he wouldn't have got the chances and would have been sitting on the fringes along with Prasidh and co.

And that's what OP is trying to say, selectors should have selected the next in line bowlers for A tours, but  they selected someone about whom there isn't much to write off.

Edited by singhvivek141
9 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Siraj is skillful, but he got chances only when all premier bowlers were injured in Australia.

So it's not that selectors selected him by choice, he was just a majboori. Had all main bowlers were fit, he wouldn't have got the chances and would have been sitting on the fringes along with Prasidh and co.

thats how most players get selected, even dahani is also playing in XI for same reason

Virat also got chances when Sachin was resting and others were struggling

yes previous TM was quite late in introducing siraj atleast by 2 yrs but this is a diff TM 

And that's what OP is trying to say, selectors should have selected the next in line bowlers for A tours, but  they selected someone about whom there isn't much to write off.

dont u think its a lil early too do that 

selectors did take Umran to SA and prasidh-umran were selected for this game too, prasidh got injured 

OP also mentions Asia cup selection , yes we lack someone with high pace n i also mentioned that in Cons of this team but does that mean u select someone who is not good or has negative value . 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

OP also mentions Asia cup selection , yes we lack someone with high pace n i also mentioned that in Cons of this team but does that mean u select someone who is not good or has negative value . 

Bhai you also know the new players will be erratic at times, we choose Avesh Khan and tbh despite all his success in IPL he just looks hopeless in whatever chances he had gotten.

I mentioned this thing during IPL that during death overs Avesh bowls a lot of full tosses which are hittable. He may improve but as of now he is a weaklink which will be targetted.

Bhai you also know the new players will be erratic at times, we choose Avesh Khan and tbh despite all his success in IPL he just looks hopeless in whatever chances he had gotten.

I mentioned this thing during IPL that during death overs Avesh bowls a lot of full tosses which are hittable. He may improve but as of now he is a weaklink which will be targetted.

now he is out of form and he is on thin ice, team is backing him coz they need a bowler like him who can hit the deck at good pace which he can but when someone is not in form nothing goes right .He is on thin ice , but the reason they are showing patience is becoz of the package he can be he fits in our bowling unit problem is form 

full toss is hittable only, chahe avesh daale ya bhuvi ya brett lee .

Also its just not about erratic or something, at this point avesh is more then erratice. A team combination is made by trying to cover most bases keeping positives n negatives in mind. No one wud have had a problem with avesh if he was in form coz his skill sets are very suitable for australia . If any youngsters is missing out make an honest list of pros and cons ull have ur answer .

Avesh khan is on a very thin ice now but even if he is dropped we have no sure answers and very lil time after this 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Avesh Khan grunts to hit one or 2 balls above 140 and suddenly he has been named your fast and hit the deck bowler. Lol if someone really needed hit the deck and fast bowler one leg Shami is better than this trundling Giant. And he is not out of form this is what this Avesh is he is worst bowler to play for this long and at this time. He is only in team coz Dravid has special affinity for the bowlers whom he coached in the past. Dravid was never a successful leader because of his tactics selection in the past ,and surely, if he will not stop his favouritism and affinity for trundlers he will be failure in coaching job as well.

Edited by raki05

Whatever Avesh performed in IPL he nvr lookef convincing to me..If they want to make him a good bowler by backing him again and again..then they need to improve his fitness..and runups..that will give him more focus and better execution…

and they need to constantly work with him to bowl a little shorter..

If they are putting efforts on him behind the scenes..its not evident yet

5 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Whatever Avesh performed in IPL he nvr lookef convincing to me..If they want to make him a good bowler by backing him again and again..then they need to improve his fitness..and runups..that will give him more focus and better execution…

and they need to constantly work with him to bowl a little shorter..

If they are putting efforts on him behind the scenes..its not evident yet

But why they are waisting time on him in crucial events. It's better to try someone more deserving and have better sailing. I don't see a single aspect in his bowling which inspires confidence on top of it he is worst fielder and have fitness issue.

Kartik Tyagi needs to get his fitness right before he starts getting backed..Avi hi ye haal hai toh jab international cricket khelega toh kitni injury hogi..he is a special talent but I have a feeling we are losing him due to injuries.

Mohsin's fitness and fielding is also poor. I think he needs a bit more performance before getting a chance for India.

Prasidh is not being wasted. He is in the reckoning and so is Siraj. Ab saare match khila kar injure karna hai kya? Let them play where they are performing well. Nothing to hurry for.

Umran also needs more time. He needs to develop proper skills..ye bouncers maar kar khush ho jaane se kuch nahi hoga at international level..let him learn a bit of new ball skills then he will get his chance.

I am sorry to say but others are not at that level. Even Umran isn't but only considered due to being express pace and has age on his side.

19 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Kartik Tyagi needs to get his fitness right before he starts getting backed..Avi hi ye haal hai toh jab international cricket khelega toh kitni injury hogi..he is a special talent but I have a feeling we are losing him due to injuries.

Mohsin's fitness and fielding is also poor. I think he needs a bit more performance before getting a chance for India.

Prasidh is not being wasted. He is in the reckoning and so is Siraj. Ab saare match khila kar injure karna hai kya? Let them play where they are performing well. Nothing to hurry for.

Umran also needs more time. He needs to develop proper skills..ye bouncers maar kar khush ho jaane se kuch nahi hoga at international level..let him learn a bit of new ball skills then he will get his chance.

I am sorry to say but others are not at that level. Even Umran isn't but only considered due to being express pace and has age on his side.

How much of background work is being put in by India to develop these guys and get them ready  ?

Tremendous planning and work was put in to create the Pat Cummins of today. Even Mitchel Starc. 

X is unfit and Y is being given a few chances ... this approach won't work is today's world.

Tremendous amount of planning and effort, behind the identified talent, are the keys 

Edited by express bowling
10 hours ago, Adamant said:

Apart from our main pacers the only ones I rate are (coz I live in reality and not some fantasy land) - 

One top level Talent ->

1. Karthik Tyagi (should play bilaterals after t20WC) 

Two mid level talents 

2. Prasidh Krishna

3.Umran

Period

They all are talented in their own way but who reaches at top level depends on their handwork and fitness 

This TM has picked them n backed in right format.

• Prasidh is being played in ODI and picked in test, its not easy to get ahead of shami-bumrah-siraj and thakur who offers batting
  • Shami has been rightly discarded in t20s but bought back in ODI as one of the main bowlers 
  • We have looked to addess lack of wkt taking bowling options in ODI by going for Prasidh, siraj, shami, bumrah, chahar ....................if prasidh struggled in last few series cant blame TM
  • Bhuvi with his current fitness has only been kept for t20s 
  • Arshdeep picked backed and he has performed
  • Avesh picked-backed but he hasnt performed, cant blame TM they gave him chances n backed him. His selection had merit 
  • Umran was picked and dropped coz he had more then few negative points which TM wasnt ready to afford slow close to WC . TBH everyone here wanted him dropped after he got bashed in those games. 

This TM have been excellent with their moves.