What’s the rational explanation for Pakistan’s love for Kohli?

maniac

2 hours ago, maniac said:

I see more padosis going crazy for Virat’s 71st century than even most Indian fans.

Their players, experts,  fans and media are borderline obsessed  with Virat. In fact I have seen indians arguing with Pakistanis about Virat’s form but not in the order you would expect it :hmmmm2:

Criticise and idolise, blow hot, blow cold; Ek taraf thookna dusri taraf chaatna.

Thook Chaat te Raho, have fun.

TC

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

There is a special chemistry something i have not seen with any Indian player in history. I know Indians had their own player appreciation from Pakistan side. Zaheer Abbas had a fan club, Later  Akram and Saeed Anwar.  But nothing like this.

Since Modi and BJP took over your entire nation has been obsessed with calling people who go against a certain narrative as being  "anti-national".

Virat has gone against it and some people both inside and outside India appreciate his free thinking.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

He needs to be deported to parkieland. 

He is a closet parkie. 

Anyway I am half ounjabi and I still can't stand the clown. One of the most overrated batsmen of all time. 

He had a peak od 3 years. That's it. 

Mediocre outside those 3 years. 

Never a true great. 

First of all you are not even an Indian.

Your forefathers were Indians but you aren't and you have been deported to Convict Island already. 

3 hours ago, maniac said:

I see more padosis going crazy for Virat’s 71st century than even most Indian fans.

Their players, experts,  fans and media are borderline obsessed  with Virat. In fact I have seen indians arguing with Pakistanis about Virat’s form but not in the order you would expect it :hmmmm2:

Generally, Pakistanis cricket followers are more open minded , they don't see every player by wearing green glasses . 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

What’s different about Kohli is he doesn’t have a knee length beard or invoke the almighty in every other sentence, forget ghosssht he has even become Vegan :giggle:, has tatoos and speaks good English and carries himself like a rockstar. I mean Indian or other kids admiring these style  aspects makes sense but this is so out of the box for the average Pakistani fans who usually like- Mo Ali, Amla etc :hysterical:

Thats why this one is a proper mind f. 

Lol...proper propaganda victime right here. 

28 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

Since Modi and BJP took over your entire nation has been obsessed with calling people who go against a certain narrative as being  "anti-national".

Virat has gone against it and some people both inside and outside India appreciate his free thinking.

Wasnt Nawaz sharif called a 'gaddar' when PM Modi attended his family wedding ?

A great athlete who has achieved the peak of actualisation,  who looks like a male specimen in terms of fitness, speaks eloquently, has a vibrant and complex personality,  is humble enough to discuss his evolution as a human and open to admit his faults; man what is there to not like and admire him?

His punjabiness and cultural proximity to our's or the fact that he doesn't have a stuck up attitude with us but rather acts approachably only come later. 

Punjabi Connection, Kohli gets along more with Pakistanis than someone like an Ashwin/Sreesanth, who are literally different people. 

Plus Kohli has been suckin up to his Punjabi Brethren from across the border for quite sometime now. He was literally celebrating the champions trophy victory with them. 

Apart from all this, Peak Kohli has butchered Pakistan with the Bat, so they probably respect him for that too.

4 hours ago, maniac said:

What’s different about Kohli is he doesn’t have a knee length beard or invoke the almighty in every other sentence, forget ghosssht he has even become Vegan :giggle:, has tatoos and speaks good English and carries himself like a rockstar. I mean Indian or other kids admiring these style  aspects makes sense but this is so out of the box for the average Pakistani fans who usually like- Mo Ali, Amla etc :hysterical:

Thats why this one is a proper mind f. 

:hysterical:...this single quote would send chill among Pakistani.

Because gullible Pakistani awam love to be wanted. You go to Pakistani forums and say some good word about them, and they wil dance to your tune even marry their daughter's to you. However just present other opinion which are generally true like pak bowlers have suspected action , they are more prone to fixing , Pakistani love Jihadis and see how they react. They can't take slightest of criticism. Player of status of Kohli who is one of the best of his generation and  acknowledgement form him that's what gullible Pakistani look for. Not only that he (along with bufoon yuvi and bhajji) did mujra for their team inspite of being opposition captain whereas whole India and other players were disappointed. Every other match he hugg and kisses Pakistani as if they are their lost brother where as abuses his own player country men and also other opposition players. 

Edited by raki05
3 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

Spewing hatred by Pakistan is the root cause of this, they didn't leave any effort to destabilize India. Heck, they were dancing when Taliban took over in Afghanistan and assuming that they'll help them against India.

It's different matter that now the same Taliban is thrashing Pakistan on border while remaining Afghanis are thrashing Pakistani fans in the stadium. 

Because Pakistani people have some complex about their cricket and cricketers,that they are being isolated and they have been left behind due to some conspiracy and their Cricketers aren't being recognised at International level as such. And someone validating their cricket and Cricketers will always feel good and that guy will come across as nice,selfless person. Same applies to India,too.

Kohli's talent and batting can make anyone his fan but with Pakistan it's different..He acknowledged Aamir in 2016 in Pre match that he had completed his punishment and he would have been at top if not for that ban etc... Pakistani people were already rooting for Second coming Akram shamelessly despitr he had sold his country and this came when even some Pakistani cricketers and ex-cricketers weren't in favour of Amir playing for Pakistan again..Then that Asia Cup game happened and again Kohli's praise for Amir in post match and I think it all started there...

You need the off-field antics like this in addition to on Field performances to influence people.. He pulls up his theatrics against Pakistan only,coz he knows Australian,England,NZ fans hardly give a * about his this friendly theatrics so he goes back to his original self while playing against them and don't try hard... All these Humbleness and non complicated man is pure BS...

1 hour ago, Sean Bradley said:

Punjabi Connection, Kohli gets along more with Pakistanis than someone like an Ashwin/Sreesanth, who are literally different people. 

Plus Kohli has been suckin up to his Punjabi Brethren from across the border for quite sometime now. He was literally celebrating the champions trophy victory with them. 

Apart from all this, Peak Kohli has butchered Pakistan with the Bat, so they probably respect him for that too.

That could be a reason but Yuvi Bhajji were said to be far more closer to Pak players as they were proper Punjabis Akhtar many times has said that....  But were not much liked in Pakistan. 

Kohli has played so many great inns vs them...  They probably respect him for that & as someone said he goes out on a limb to praise them since giving that bat to Amir in 2016...  That's when this love started.