What’s the rational explanation for Pakistan’s love for Kohli?

maniac

5 hours ago, Axl100mph said:

A great athlete who has achieved the peak of actualisation,  who looks like a male specimen in terms of fitness, speaks eloquently, has a vibrant and complex personality,  is humble enough to discuss his evolution as a human and open to admit his faults; man what is there to not like and admire him?

His punjabiness and cultural proximity to our's or the fact that he doesn't have a stuck up attitude with us but rather acts approachably only come later. 

That's coz his ads don't play in Pakistan.

Once you guys see this 'dance', you will dislike him too.

Edited by Mariyam

Padosis love Kohli because he sucks up to them. Kohli is good at managing his PR and spends a lot on it. I don't mind it as long he doesn't praise Pak at India's expense, which he hasn't till now. 

Many Indians dislike Kohli now because he's more talk less bite. Scores million runs in worthless bilaterals and completely goes missing at the big stages. King of Soft Runs! 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i have a better question - how come we dont support that guy as much ?

yaha to done n dusted chalu hai do saal se 

Many fans are irritated and turned off by his sycophantic and annoying fanbase. I like Kohli but hate his stupid fanboys. 

Kind of a stockholm Syndrome i guess.. 

Back in that 2015-16 period, Kohli just mauled them in 4-5 consecutive games. And this was the period where Pakistan had zero outright superstars and an uber boring pathetic team. Afretard was on his last legs and had become useless by all means. Combine this with his PR antiques like gifting his bat to Amir, giggling with them post the final defeat and they began wetting themselves even more. 

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

coz abhi no one will say that they were wrong that he is done n dusted , but koi baat 2 inning fail hone do sab uske backfoot ki baat karenge

Ab iss inns ko bhi rate karne ke din aagye? Sachin's meaningless 100 ton in Asia Cup has more quality than this one. 

Let's wait before we say he is back.   He only got the monkey off his back right now.   But he has proved he belongs in this line up until the T20 WC.   Rohit's knock vs SL is still the best played by an Indian this year. 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

but everyone has extreme level of blind fans and shudnt he be only judged for his cricket ?

No, no one apart from Dhoni has that many blind followers. But even Dhoni fans are much less annoying and abusive than King Kohli's. I guess the fan bases reflect their respective personalities. 

Yes, he should be judged for his cricket only. But even there he is more bark, less bite. Gets hyped to the moon, shows unnecessary aggression on the field but hasn't won India a single knockout match. 

For Pakistan, they are in constant need of validation from India & Indian players. Even if they draw a series in England, the first thing they will do is to validate it with India's record in England just to give themselves pat on back.
Kohli gives them that validation by appreciating Aamir, laughing with them after CT 2017 loss, and by hugging Rizwan after 152/0. 
Add to that his linguistic connection, as most of the Pakistani's are fluent in Punjabi just like Kohli, Bhajji, Yuvi are...they start to feel Kohli as one of their own.

Ofcourse, that closeness won't come non-Punjabi speaking population. That's the reason of their indifferences with the Bengali's.

9 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

No, no one apart from Dhoni has that many blind followers. But even Dhoni fans are much less annoying and abusive than King Kohli's. I guess the fan bases reflect their respective personalities. 

Yes, he should be judged for his cricket only. But even there he is more bark, less bite. Gets hyped to the moon, shows unnecessary aggression on the field but hasn't won India a single knockout match. 

one player doesnt win u or loose u games 

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Ab iss inns ko bhi rate karne ke din aagye? Sachin's meaningless 100 ton in Asia Cup has more quality than this one. 

Let's wait before we say he is back.   He only got the monkey off his back right now.   But he has proved he belongs in this line up until the T20 WC.   Rohit's knock vs SL is still the best played by an Indian this year. 

he batted well all asia cup 

iss innings, u know mujeeb-rashid were bigger challenge for him then Australia wud be . Agar fail hota tab bhi judge karte na and its just not this inning, he has batted well whole asia cup. SL dismissal was a wild slog which ppl wanted him to go from ball-1 . Thats the risk with going hard from ball-1 

Forget this innings - his footwork against spin has been a great improvement

Yes both he n rohit showed how they are still miles ahead then any youngster 

Im not saying he is back to his back to his best but definitely not done n dusted 

9 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

Off course. But that ONE player at least needs to perform when it really matters if he's sooo hyped and highly rated. 

he did perform in 2013 CT and 2011 which we won

didnt he scored in 2016 Asia cup final too 

He performed in 2016 and 2014 t20 jab baakiyon ne hugg diya

Abhi har match men kare 71-100 bhi maare, 3 format men kare , har condition men kare.......................zyaada inhuman expectation hai

Just not kohli i said same regd bumrah to someone here..............u want him to do everything which at the end is not possible

Guys like watson, gilly who use to turn up in finals had their own share of short coming so no one is perfect .

Is their a player who has done it all - performed in all 3 formats, performed in finals , performed in all conditions ? Hai kya aisa koi ?

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
25 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

As if he scored in Asia Cup final against Pakistan. I still don't sold on him.

41 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i have a better question - how come we dont support that guy as much ?

yaha to done n dusted chalu hai do saal se 

My reason::

One of the most useless T20 batsman. Has won us jack with his classic batting. You don't need classic batsmen to waste first 15 overs in T20s.

In ODIs, he is a legit great but has gone missing when stakes are high invariably every single time. Yes you can say an international cricketer is always under pressure but in those games it is 1000x more and that's when one needs to prove himself. Result : we lost 2 world cups, 1 ct in this period.

In tests he has done just well. Nothing that puts him in all time greats category.

9 hours ago, Number said:

My reason::

One of the most useless T20 batsman. Has won us jack with his classic batting. You don't need classic batsmen to waste first 15 overs in T20s.

2012, 2016 and 2014 Wc

Kohli nikal do team and then see 

IF a team cant win with someone scoring like that , it isnt kohli's problem