What’s the rational explanation for Pakistan’s love for Kohli?

maniac

This is a recent phenomenon. There was a time when our neighbours hated him cos he was a typical "gaali" giving Delhi brat and wanted him to be put in his place. 

In fact, many thought Umar Akmal and Asad Shafiq were more gifted players. 

Kohli praising Aamir and generally being generous towards their cricketers, present and past, seems to have changed their attitude. 

9 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

This is a recent phenomenon. There was a time when our neighbours hated him cos he was a typical "gaali" giving Delhi brat and wanted him to be put in his place. 

In fact, many thought Umar Akmal and Asad Shafiq were more gifted players. 

Kohli praising Aamir and generally being generous towards their cricketers, present and past, seems to have changed their attitude. 

Also he has scored so heavily against them that after a point respect starts to come, same was the case when Tendulkar played in Aus or even kohli 

On 9/9/2022 at 4:36 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yes both he n rohit showed how they are still miles ahead then any youngster

This !
Don't have to go too far back, just the last two games.

• Rohit was timing the ball well and toying with the field during his SL innings. All others struggled and the scoreboards prove that.
  • Kohli scored his first 100 at an SR of 200. Can't recall anyone from the new crop having come close yet. Sure, someone might in future, hasn't happened yet.

All other batters had plenty of opportunities to shine but either managed to just about meet expectations at times and other times failed to register much.

Newbies will continue to get more chances, but we still don't know who among them will actually form the core of the batting line up once Rohit and Virat call it a day.

Chuckte Raho

TC

Edited by Throwaib_Chuckter
18 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he did perform in 2013 CT and 2011 which we won

didnt he scored in 2016 Asia cup final too 

He performed in 2016 and 2014 t20 jab baakiyon ne hugg diya

Abhi har match men kare 71-100 bhi maare, 3 format men kare , har condition men kare.......................zyaada inhuman expectation hai

Just not kohli i said same regd bumrah to someone here..............u want him to do everything which at the end is not possible

Guys like watson, gilly who use to turn up in finals had their own share of short coming so no one is perfect .

Is their a player who has done it all - performed in all 3 formats, performed in finals , performed in all conditions ? Hai kya aisa koi ?

Sachin gets panned for not being a big match player despite a looong career for similar reasons that he does a lot but is blamed coz the team did not win, but off the top of my head he has more big match performances than the 'clutch' and 'mentally tough' Kohli who gets compared to him often. 

15 minutes ago, raki05 said:

As if he scored in Asia Cup final against Pakistan. I still don't sold on him.

Me either....  Although I liked he used his feet a lot more...  Afghans bowled him a lot of slot balls too.  Nothing to take away from a good inns but saying that it was a special knock is complete lol..  Amla was king of these soft runs. 

9 hours ago, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

This !
Don't have to go too far back, just the last two games.

• Rohit was timing the ball well and toying with the field during his SL innings. All others struggled and the scoreboards prove that.
  • Kohli scored his first 100 at an SR of 200. Can't recall anyone from the new crop having come close yet. Sure, someone might in future, hasn't happened yet.

All other batters had plenty of opportunities to shine but either managed to just about meet expectations at times and during other mostly failed to register much.

Newbies will continue to get more chances, but we still don't know who among them will actually form the core of the batting line up once Rohit and Virat call it a day.

Chuckte Raho

TC

Can go to lengths writing diff between them 

• KL-Rohit-Kohli are still the best players of Pace and bounce in the country by a distant mile. After them only Ruturaj and Gill comes and their own strike rate have been concerning
  • Swing/Seam- yea right as if Kishen, shaw can play it ..............kishen cannot play any kind of movement
  • Spin was their challenge- still ended up doing well specially on dodgy pitches 
  • S/r - they have worked on their intent. Rohit s/r post captaincy has been in high 150s .......................So if you wanna compare it to shaw anyone will take Rohit coz he is a superior batsman
    Kishen s/r has gone to dogs this yr 
  • Running between wkts- find me any youngster who can run like kohli
  • Fielding- Both are still better then shaw, kishen 
4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Also he has scored so heavily against them that after a point respect starts to come, same was the case when Tendulkar played in Aus or even kohli 

Respect is understandable. But he is the one player they feel a close kinship to, I suppose. 

Someone like Sehwag destroyed every single bowler they threw at him and they still have no respect for his cricketing ability, lol.

27 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he batted well all asia cup 

iss innings, u know mujeeb-rashid were bigger challenge for him then Australia wud be . Agar fail hota tab bhi judge karte na and its just not this inning, he has batted well whole asia cup. SL dismissal was a wild slog which ppl wanted him to go from ball-1 . Thats the risk with going hard from ball-1 

Forget this innings - his footwork against spin has been a great improvement

Yes both he n rohit showed how they are still miles ahead then any youngster 

Im not saying he is back to his back to his best but definitely not done n dusted 

Yeah vs high Pace in LOIs..  Kohli & Rohit are our best bets in WT20...  Facing Pak attack in MCG & SA in Perth & scoring would be near impossible for our young guns. 

He is showing good signs vs spin....  Even used sweep...  But I still have my doubts... Afghan spinners last night bowled quite a few slot balls...  Like Chahal does. 

What sort of cognitive dissonance is this?

For a player that 99% of this forum, including me, had written off as physically and mentally done and dusted, he has bounced back quite strongly this tournament. Intent and intensity have progressively improved.

Yes, he failed in one out of 5 innings. So? What exactly are guys like SKY, Pandya, KL and Pant in the team for? 

If after everything that's happened we're still heavily reliant on Rohit and Kohli to bail us out then we have to ask serious questions about the next generation.

In Super 4, Kohli scored against Pak and Rohit against SL, baaki sab kis kaam ke?

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I see more padosis going crazy for Virat’s 71st century than even most Indian fans.

Their players, experts,  fans and media are borderline obsessed  with Virat. In fact I have seen indians arguing with Pakistanis about Virat’s form but not in the order you would expect it :hmmmm2:

He needs to be deported to parkieland. 

He is a closet parkie. 

Anyway I am half ounjabi and I still can't stand the clown. One of the most overrated batsmen of all time. 

He had a peak od 3 years. That's it. 

Mediocre outside those 3 years. 

Never a true great. 

7 hours ago, Adamant said:

First of all you are not even an Indian.

Your forefathers were Indians but you aren't and you have been deported to Convict Island already. 

I am a cold blooded Indian. I am more Indian than you will ever be. My uncle was in the Indian army hhhahaga

Edited by Jay

Lol one good inning after 3 years in a most dead rubber against a minnow team and suddenly people are jumping in band wagon. Other than 2-3 Kohli fans which no surprise will go gaga over him what surprises me others also started singing payan for him. I would wait till Kohli performed in wt20 hope it don't turn  another massacre like kesrick Williams.

11 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why does it bother Indian fans that Kohli is liked by Pakistanis. He is the greatest cricketer of this generation but somehow I feel Indian fans think low of him.

I heard most silly comments, he is laughed with Pakistani players after CT 2017 loss  so they don't like him.He is arrogant, who cares what he is in his personal life as long as he is not commiting crimes. 

He gives his 100% every match on the ground, thats all you can ask from any player.

Better question to ask is why he is disliked by many of Indian fans and many of ICFers. 

This is a good point.

His downturn in form- natural for someone entering mid 30's - his obscured years of excellent performance, hugely dedicated service, and the legacy he leaves behind in terms of increased professionalism and fitness especially. 

From all accounts he isnt even arrogant, totally different in person than what he comes across on field. Read what any player says about him.