Jump to content
Under_Score

Your Ride from Childhood until now

Recommended Posts

It is nice to discuss & chill out about your past memories.....Please share yours as well. Childhood memories ( Innocence & stress-free ) are very precious.

 

Here is my list.

 

1) Tricycle

2) Bicycle ( Hero )

3) Roller skates :winky:

4) Moped ( Luna )

5) Scooter ( Bajaj Super )

6) Motorbike ( Yamaha RX 100 )

7) Van ( Maruthi OMNI 800 )

8) Honda Civic  2Dr

9) Honda Civic 4Dr

10) BMW & RDX ( Present )

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Under_Score You drove an Omni?

 

It just gives me a 'kidnap vehicle' vibe. In numerous 90s movies the baddies would drive right next to the unsuspecting victim. The shotgun with get out with a kerchief with chloroform and in one swoop drag the victim into the vehicle.

 

Cut to next scene: Phone rings...

Hello

Abey XYZ Seth, tumhari beti/tumhara beta humare kabze mein hai. Malad me underconstruction building ke neeche 60l rupaiye rakh do. Police ko ittelah karne ki koshish ki to...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Under_Score said:

It is nice to discuss & chill out about your past memories.....Please share yours as well. Childhood memories ( Innocence & stress-free ) are very precious.

 

Here is my list.

 

1) Tricycle

2) Bicycle ( Hero )

3) Roller skates :winky:

4) Moped ( Luna )

5) Scooter ( Bajaj Super )

6) Motorbike ( Yamaha RX 100 )

7) Van ( Maruthi OMNI 800 )

8) Honda Civic  2Dr

9) Honda Civic 4Dr

10) BMW & RDX ( Present )

 

Brother you are a big-time guy now. Can I be your friend?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Under_Score You drove an Omni?

 

It just gives me a 'kidnap vehicle' vibe. In numerous 90s movies the baddies would drive right next to the unsuspecting victim. The shotgun with get out with a kerchief with chloroform and in one swoop drag the victim into the vehicle.

 

Cut to next scene: Phone rings...

Hello

Abey XYZ Seth, tumhari beti/tumhara beta humare kabze mein hai. Malad me underconstruction building ke neeche 60l rupaiye rakh do. Police ko ittelah karne ki koshish ki to...

 

 

Not 60l , but pachaas peti. Aajkal it is dus  kokha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice thread.

 

(1) Tricycle

(2) Bicycle

(3) 11th and 12th standard - bigger bicycle

(4) BSc: BTS bus

(5) MSc: Hero Ranger bicycle - yes, at age 22, I rode a freakkin' hero ranger bicycle

(6) PhD: 1984 Honda Accord

(7) Post-doc: 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse (sold when domesticated)

Post-domestication:

(8) 1995 Ford Ranger truck (my favoritest ride - drove it until it won't run anymore)

(9)  2003 Toyota Camry, sold to buy minivan

(10) 2007 Toyota Sienna (still drive it with 178K miles)

(11) 2010 Toyota Corolla, sold to buy Lexus

(12) 2011 Lexus ES 350 (bought in 2017, still drive it with 100K miles)

(13) 2018 VW Atlas (bought a year ago, can't trust the Sienna anymore for long trips)

 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Nice thread.

 

(1) Tricycle

(2) Bicycle

(3) 11th and 12th standard - bigger bicycle

(4) BSc: BTS bus

(5) MSc: Hero Ranger bicycle - yes, at age 22, I rode a freakkin' hero ranger bicycle

(6) PhD: 1984 Honda Accord

(7) Post-doc: 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse (sold when domesticated)

Post-domestication:

(8) 1995 Ford Ranger truck (my favoritest ride - drove it until it won't run anymore)

(9)  2003 Toyota Camry, sold to buy minivan

(10) 2007 Toyota Sienna (still drive it with 178K miles)

(11) 2010 Toyota Corolla, sold to buy Lexus

(12) 2011 Lexus ES 350 (bought in 2017, still drive it with 100K miles)

(13) 2018 VW Atlas (bought a year ago, can't trust the Sienna anymore for long trips)

 

Lexus and Sienna are far more reliable than the crap VW puts out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Under_Score You drove an Omni?

 

It just gives me a 'kidnap vehicle' vibe. In numerous 90s movies the baddies would drive right next to the unsuspecting victim. The shotgun with get out with a kerchief with chloroform and in one swoop drag the victim into the vehicle.

 

Cut to next scene: Phone rings...

Hello

Abey XYZ Seth, tumhari beti/tumhara beta humare kabze mein hai. Malad me underconstruction building ke neeche 60l rupaiye rakh do. Police ko ittelah karne ki koshish ki to...

 

 

LOL...The side sliding door was the key, it was also used as an Ambulance in some movies & ultimately became a explosion vehicle which would get flung in the air :sad_smile:...RIP 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Khota said:

Lexus and Sienna are far more reliable than the crap VW puts out.

German vehicles are good for the first 5 years ( Warranty period :wp3: ), later on maintenance is higher compared to Japanese vehicles. North American cars ( High end ones ) are okay, basic ones are just Dabbas with lot of metal weight, crude & not so reliable.  Japanese vehicles are simply awesome & very reliable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Nice thread.

 

(1) Tricycle

(2) Bicycle

(3) 11th and 12th standard - bigger bicycle

(4) BSc: BTS bus

(5) MSc: Hero Ranger bicycle - yes, at age 22, I rode a freakkin' hero ranger bicycle

(6) PhD: 1984 Honda Accord

(7) Post-doc: 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse (sold when domesticated)

Post-domestication:

(8) 1995 Ford Ranger truck (my favoritest ride - drove it until it won't run anymore)

(9)  2003 Toyota Camry, sold to buy minivan

(10) 2007 Toyota Sienna (still drive it with 178K miles)

(11) 2010 Toyota Corolla, sold to buy Lexus

(12) 2011 Lexus ES 350 (bought in 2017, still drive it with 100K miles)

(13) 2018 VW Atlas (bought a year ago, can't trust the Sienna anymore for long trips)

 

That's some nice experience driving a wide range of vehicles :top:. Your ES350 must be really a nice smooth ride, I do intend to buy a Lexus as my next vehicle. 

Edited by Under_Score
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

That's some nice experience driving a wide range of vehicles :top:.

Happens naturally to old farts.

 

Quote

Your ES350 must be really a nice smooth ride, I do intend to buy a Lexus as my next vehicle. 

Without a doubt. We got it when it was 6 yr old with ~ 40,000 miles on it. Now, even at 100K miles, it is silky-smooth. Love it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Khota said:

Lexus and Sienna are far more reliable than the crap VW puts out.

Needed another large vehicle so as to not rely on the 180K mile Sienna for family road trips.  And when Covid hit, got priced out of the pre-owned Toyota/Lexus market. And I try not to buy new cars.  Got a nice deal on a 3yr old Atlas with only 24K miles and snagged it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apart from owning a vehicle, you can also share your experience of driving other vehicles belonging to Relatives or friends.

 

Back home:

I had the privilege to drive TVS 50, BSA Bond, Vijay Super Scooter, TVS Suzuki, Kawasaki 100, Yezdi Roadking, Royal Enfield 350, Yamaha RD 350, Maruthi 800, Maruthi Zen, Premier 118NE, Scorpio SUV.

Overseas:

 Pontiac Sunbird, Chevrolet Cavalier, Toyota Camry, Jeep Cherokee, Corvette, BMW M3, Dodge Ram 1500, Cadillac Escalade SUV & Lexus LX 450.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Needed another large vehicle so as to not rely on the 180K mile Sienna for family road trips.  And when Covid hit, got priced out of the pre-owned Toyota/Lexus market. And I try not to buy new cars.  Got a nice deal on a 3yr old Atlas with only 24K miles and snagged it. 

Smart move. Car prices are just too darned high. Cannot afford anything anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Under_Score said:

German vehicles are good for the first 5 years ( Warranty period :wp3: ), later on maintenance is higher compared to Japanese vehicles. North American cars ( High end ones ) are okay, basic ones are just Dabbas with lot of metal weight, crude & not so reliable.  Japanese vehicles are simply awesome & very reliable.

German cars are a beetch to maintain. Even oil changes take a toll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Happens naturally to old farts.

 

Without a doubt. We got it when it was 6 yr old with ~ 40,000 miles on it. Now, even at 100K miles, it is silky-smooth. Love it.

Change oil regularly and it can go 300k. They claim transmissions are maintenance free, but I would change transmission fluid too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

Apart from owning a vehicle, you can also share your experience of driving other vehicles belonging to Relatives or friends.

 

Back home:

I had the privilege to drive TVS 50, BSA Bond, Vijay Super Scooter, TVS Suzuki, Kawasaki 100, Yezdi Roadking, Royal Enfield 350, Yamaha RD 350, Maruthi 800, Maruthi Zen, Premier 118NE, Scorpio SUV.

Overseas:

 Pontiac Sunbird, Chevrolet Cavalier, Toyota Camry, Jeep Cherokee, Corvette, BMW M3, Dodge Ram 1500, Cadillac Escalade SUV & Lexus LX 450.

 

For my 40th b'day, my family gifted me a Lamborghini/Ferrari driving experience (Motorsportlab).  I chose the Lamborghini.  It was in a large stadium parking lot where they had made a track with traffic cones.  Just 20 - 25 min, but ... holy crap ... unfrikkinbelievable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

 

For my 40th b'day, my family gifted me a Lamborghini/Ferrari driving experience (Motorsportlab).  I chose the Lamborghini.  It was in a large stadium parking lot where they had made a track with traffic cones.  Just 20 - 25 min, but ... holy crap ... unfrikkinbelievable. 

Did it handle differently?

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...