Should Pakistan play more games against Associates?

Frustrated

15 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

lol when you become no1, then ranking is accurate. When your batter becomes no1, then ranking is accurate. 
When pak become no1, then ranking is a joke. What a logic 
I said India is a good solid team. I have no qualms in saying it.

Its so sad to see the trolling threads who can’t digest that Pak ODI team is ranked higher than India’s and resort to making desperate arguments. 

Tbh..even your cricket "experts" also echoed the same.

Amir in an interview told that you lose the points even if you don't play. I personally dont regard fixers of that high value but that's different in Pakistan.

India, Australia, England didn't play ODI's as often as Pakistan. Now as the ODI's are back across the world, you're seeing the changes.

Trolling will happen because lot of Pakistani posters were chest thumping that they will beat India and every Asian country with ease coz they're number 1 across the world, but they were beaten comprehensively and finished last even amongst 4 top Asian teams.

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

Tbh..even your cricket "experts" also echoed the same.

Amir in an interview told that you lose the points even if you don't play. I personally dont regard fixers of that high value but that's different in Pakistan.

India, Australia, England didn't play ODI's as often as Pakistan. Now as the ODI's are back across the world, you're seeing the changes.

Trolling will happen because lot of Pakistani posters were chest thumping that they will beat India and every Asian country with ease coz they're number 1 across the world, but they were beaten comprehensively and finished last even amongst 4 top Asian teams.

So your argument against the accuracy of the algorithm is that “some experts” don’t believe it… ok. 

54 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

So your argument against the accuracy of the algorithm is that “some experts” don’t believe it… ok. 

We entered the previous 3 World Cups as the #2 ranked side and won 1 of them. The other 2 were won only by sides ranked above us.   Pakistan were ranked much below us in all of them.  

If Pakistan don't win this World Cup, then fair to say that Pakistan are chokers? 

I don't think Pakistan are going to win the World Cup anyway but right now your #1 ranking is the only thing going for you right now.

And although one of the Top 2 ranked sides usually wins the World Cup, they have other characteristics as well which PAK lack and other sides - IND, ENG, SA, OZ have shown in the last 4 years.

OZ in 1992, SA in 2003, OZ in 2011 were all among the Top 2 ranked sides and didn't make the semis even. 

#1 rank is a good predictor of winning the World Cup but it is not the only predictor and not even among the strongest predictors of WC success. 

Good luck to Pakistan but I don't see this Pakistan side winning this Cup no matter how deep they go in this tournament

This is the 3rd successive WC in which Pak are on the verge of getting eliminated before making it to the Semis.    Zimbaber is badly missing Zim bowlers.  For the sake of Pak team,  ICC should hv shown some mercy and allowed more associates like Zim and Kenya direct entry to this WC.  

On 9/19/2023 at 11:51 AM, Nikhil_cric said:

We entered the previous 3 World Cups as the #2 ranked side and won 1 of them. The other 2 were won only by sides ranked above us.   Pakistan were ranked much below us in all of them.  

If Pakistan don't win this World Cup, then fair to say that Pakistan are chokers? 

I don't think Pakistan are going to win the World Cup anyway but right now your #1 ranking is the only thing going for you right now.

And although one of the Top 2 ranked sides usually wins the World Cup, they have other characteristics as well which PAK lack and other sides - IND, ENG, SA, OZ have shown in the last 4 years.

OZ in 1992, SA in 2003, OZ in 2011 were all among the Top 2 ranked sides and didn't make the semis even. 

#1 rank is a good predictor of winning the World Cup but it is not the only predictor and not even among the strongest predictors of WC success. 

Good luck to Pakistan but I don't see this Pakistan side winning this Cup no matter how deep they go in this tournament

Group stage exit

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

This is the 3rd successive WC in which Pak are on the verge of getting eliminated before making it to the Semis.    Zimbaber is badly missing Zim bowlers.  For the sake of Pak team,  ICC should hv shown some mercy and allowed more associates like Zim and Kenya direct entry to this WC.  

Didn't zimbabwe almost knock out pak in last year wt20? Blessing Muzarabani got their number