Indian squad for Wt20 announced.

the don

Pathetic, what has changed from last year's t20 wc debacle? Nothing, the players which were tried and did well have all been ignored, useless non spinning left armer, lollipop delivering leggie and a okay off spinner, bumrah does not take wickets up front, bhuvi is Australia will be hit around and arshdeep is neither quick nor hits the deck hard enough, regressive TM and a clueless coach. 

6 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Pathetic, what has changed from last year's t20 wc debacle? Nothing, the players which were tried and did well have all been ignored, useless non spinning left armer, lollipop delivering leggie and a okay off spinner, bumrah does not take wickets up front, bhuvi is Australia will be hit around and arshdeep is neither quick nor hits the deck hard enough, regressive TM and a clueless coach. 

6 changes from last WC squad

Rahul Chahar, Jadeja, Shardul, Ishan, Varun, Shami, 

Added: Chahal, Axar, Harshal, Hooda, DK, Arshadeep 

7 minutes ago, CG said:

What are these guys smoking.The Wc is in Australia .Harshal Patel and bhuvi will find it difficult there.Finger spinners are useless in Australia,

Right finger spinners can be effective. Ashton agar has been pretty decent for Australia.  Darts accurately. Him being tall can allow him to extract bounce too. 

51 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Retaining of Hooda is also perplexing. I am not sure he will have any use either with bat or ball. He is not given a bowl. He bats down the order. Not his spot. 

Yes it is idiotic stuff by our T.M. If you want to back Hooda, ache se karo by sending him higher and if you can't do that then drop him.

They keep him in the squad but then send him to bat at 6,7 and don't use his bowling either :facepalm:

Also Akshar Patel's selection illustrates the think tank of Indian team...I really don't believe in this like for like replacements...These left arm offies who can bat are providing nothing but illusionary balance to team which reaps no benefits..Akshar had not played LOIs since 4-5 yrs untill he pummeled England in "tests" on "doctored pitches" and then went on to pick him for LOIs,too...Has these left arm offies who bat a bit strategy ever provided any results apart from so called balance? Jaddu has played over 5 wt20s and has been a failure in all of it. Neither he is wicket taker. Same stands true for Akshar,too. But  as @raki05 says the so called expert will come an start justifying it as for team balance as if it is some Essay which needs Intro,body and conclusion ,same way the team compulsory needs Left arm spinner,right arm offie, a pacer who can bat ,a leggie, L***lehusun etc no matter how shitty and undeserving they are ...

Sick of this...

16 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Weaknesses

1) 3rd bowling option

2) Ultra long tail

3) Lack of finishers

4) Targetable bowlers in death ( Bhuvi, Harshal,  Chahal)

5) With Jadeja missing not even substitutes can field well. Will probably be the worst fielding unit on display.

India needs a fluke run like Australia in the last world T20.

Also

6. Bowlers unable to take wickets in the opening powerplay and death overs

7. Rifts/cliques in the team

8. Clueless coaching staff

9. Ageing team that lacks hunger

I think there is only so much you can do as a squad.

A wc winning squad needs to have some kind of maverick or X factor in terms of strategy planning or execution. 

India had Dhoni in his early years, while now we have an aging out of shape RS and a lackluster VK and little else.

Bumrah as a standout skill does not weigh that much, so I don't count India as a T20 wc favorite for this edition atleast

Just now, afan said:

I think there is only so much you can do as a squad.

A wc winning squad needs to have some kind of maverick or X factor in terms of strategy planning or execution. 

India had Dhoni in his early years, while now we have an aging out of shape RS and a lackluster VK and little else.

Bumrah as a standout skill does not weigh that much, so I don't count India as a T20 wc favorite for this edition atleast

Dhoni was x-factor? :hysterical: