Indian women in England

rollingstoned

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

werterwtret.jpg

Only 50% of his bowling action was complete.  Look where the non striker is. She is already outside the crease.  How about waiting until she delivered the ball?

Saw the whole footage...  Seems like Deepti did slow down or took a pause.  It was desperate but within the rules. 

Don't think English batter was at fault...  But moral police should shut the eff up..  We have seen worse spirit of the cricket incidents.   Seeing them crying is so satisfying 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Saw the whole footage...  Seems like Deepti did slow down or took a pause.  It was desperate but within the rules. 

Don't think English batter was at fault...  But moral police should shut the eff up..  We have seen worse spirit of the cricket incidents.   Seeing them crying is so satisfying 

I don't think they showed the whole sequence. just one ball. It seems like she was repeatedly backing up to take the strike since she was with no.11

8 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Don't think so...  Otherwise Indians might have appealed or Harman would have said so in Post match...  Like Ashwin did.   It was desperate act but within the rules. 

Without noticing prior act you cannot indulge in such premeditated act.  Besides batsman cannot leave the crease until the ball is released. Watch Panesars tweet video where bowler did not release the ball at all. But batsman was able to hold his ground.  That is how you back up. Not just meandering outside the crease with assumption. I don't think we support that. Mankading should happen all over and make everyone follow the law. How hard it is to keep the bat inside the crease until the bowler release the ball

Edited by vvvslaxman
9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Without noticing prior act you cannot indulge in such premeditated act.  Besides batsman cannot leave the crease until the ball is released. Watch Panesars tweet video where bowler did not release the ball at all. But batsman was able to hold his ground.  That is how you back up. Not just meandering outside the crease with assumption. I don't think we support that. Mankading should happen all over and make everyone follow the law. How hard it is to keep the bat inside the crease until the bowler release the ball

Not justifying it but seen plenty of incidents when this used to be norm.  Here it didn't seem blatant.   I'd be pissed if an Indian was on the receiving end.  This was marginal unlike Buttler. 

I remember 2002 Natwest final we were also blatantly stealing those half runs...  Even though a pacer was bowling. 

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Not justifying it but seen plenty of incidents when this used to be norm.  Here it didn't seem blatant.   I'd be pissed if an Indian was on the receiving end.  This was marginal unlike Buttler. 

I remember 2002 Natwest final we were also blatantly stealing those half runs...  Even though a pacer was bowling. 

High time non striker getting head starts should be penalized.. in my view getting head start is both illegal and not within spirit.  Another thing they have to stop calling this "mankading".  It is a run out.  

40 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

What do the rules of the game say about running a batsman out by making him fall over on his way to completing a run intentionally or otherwise? I remember an incident in that infamous fixing series with Saf in 00 and Cronje refused to run Jadeja out i think after something like that happened. 

BD v Afg as well...  BD keeper didn't run out the Afghan batter after he fell colliding with BD bowler...  It was a shocking incident as a BD player was playing within spirits lol

5 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

disagree completely. law has been made very clear for  this.

Spirit of the game?

Also, in this case bowler wasnt even looking at the striker in her delivery stride. Looks like it was preplanned to mankad and get a victory somehow. This gives a bad impression IMO. 

Remember Sehwag recalled the batsman once after getting mankaded. Harmanpreet should have done the same.

2 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Spirit of the game?

Also, in this case bowler wasnt even looking at the striker in her delivery stride. Looks like it was preplanned to mankad and get a victory somehow. This gives a bad impression IMO. 

Remember Sehwag recalled the batsman once after getting mankaded. Harmanpreet should have done the same.

Why is it mandatory to look at the striker?

They appealed and the umpire deemed it out after considering it all. Case closed.

5 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

Personally not a big fan of Mankading. Not because of the 'spirit of cricket' bullsh*t, but because it is so anti-climactic and diverts attention from the actual cricket. 

Non-strikers should be warned once and if they don't fall in place only then they should be Mankaded. 

as do many other modes of dismissal

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Sorry not a fan of this. Mankad is only justified in extreme cases of backing up. English batter was behaving normally, not even a warning given. Just sounds sneaky. If anyone tried this in a match I was playing we'd give them a hard time 

Why is it only justified then? So batsmen can wander in 'non extreme;' cases?

22 minutes ago, sage said:

Sorry not a fan of this. Mankad is only justified in extreme cases of backing up. English batter was behaving normally, not even a warning given. Just sounds sneaky. If anyone tried this in a match I was playing we'd give them a hard time 

29 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Spirit of the game?

Icc recently came out clarifying it is the responsibility of the nonstriker to ensure they stay in the crease until the ball is released. They said there is nothing unfair about mankand:

LAW 38
As well as a number of more minor changes, there is one significant addition to this Law. The old Law 41.16 (non-striker
leaving his/her ground early) has been moved to Law 38..
This clause remains one of the most controversial clauses in the Laws of Cricket, despite MCC having changed the
emphasis of this Law, so that responsibility is put on the non-striker to stay in his/her ground until the ball is released.
This latest change goes a little further, removing this Law from ‘unfair play’ and moving it to Run out. After all, this is
  simply a run out, and there is nothing unfair about it.

https://lords-stg.azureedge.net/mediafiles/lords/media/documents/full-explanation_changes-to-the-laws-of-cricket-in-2022_v2_2.pdf

Edited by IndianRenegade