Notes that Team India could have used from Gujarat Titans!

zen

5 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

GT had piss poor pathetic batting...That was fluke man..And more so that was IPL.. Could not care less about it.

Buddy, did you not root against it even in the final at the stadium? 

Be a sport now to give credit where it is due. Beat RR 3-0 in last IPL!

Edited by zen

Btw, good to see that most of the guys posting so far are those who posted against GT during the IPL (and many of these guys are usually tend to wrong in the long run so if they are writing against (or for) something, usually they have already gravitated towards the wrong side) :phehe:

Edited by zen
6 minutes ago, zen said:

Buddy, did you not root against it even in the final at the stadium? 

Be a sport now to give credit where it is due. Beat RR 3-0 in last IPL!

Definitely credit to them...But comparing them to international setup is illogical. Didn't MI win 5 times and their captain is our captain? I doubt if we make Hardik captain of India team tomorrow and draft in TM of GT ,hardly anything will change with the set of players India have...

3 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Definitely credit to them...But comparing them to international setup is illogical. Didn't MI win 5 times and their captain is our captain? I doubt if we make Hardik captain of India team tomorrow and draft in TM of GT ,hardly anything will change with the set of players India have...

same Nehra was also a disaster with RCB. Sometimes it’s about being in the right place at the right time. GT played very good and organized cricket but there wasn’t anything earth shattering about their approach or strategy.

Just now, Bigg Brother said:

This discussion is on strategy and tactics though esp. on using resources. One can even take ideas/inspiration from any successful team …. When talking about top   T20 tournaments, there is not a huge distinction b/w domestic and international. 

Sir Don is likely to be captain in furture so let’s see what he does (cannot compare with Rohit who tend to struggles to captain relatively weak sides.)

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

same Nehra was also a disaster with RCB. Sometimes it’s about being in the right place at the right time. GT played very good and organized cricket but there wasn’t anything earth shattering about their approach or strategy.

Backing pace bowlers, attacking spinners, versatile batsmen (not too reliant on batting slots), to name a few 

In fact, there were articles written on it iirc!

Just now, zen said:

Backing pace bowlers, attacking spinners, versatile batsmen (not too reliant on batting slots), to name a few 

In fact, there were articles written on it iirc!

As I said give me Rashid Khan for Chahal. Also Alzarri would be an upgrade over Avesh and Bhuvi or even Lockie. David Miller for Hooda and i will take clutch Wade 2.0 over  both DK and Pant (as of today). Modiji please make it happen :pray:

12 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

So an International Cricket team should learn from a domestic franchise Cricket Team on how to play Cricket? Why not learn Test Cricket from Mumbai team, they have been crowned Ranji Champions the most. 

This thread seems like an attempt to glorify Gujarat Titans more than anything else.

TBF they had a stronger bowling than what we fielded in the Asia cup. 

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

As I said give me Rashid Khan for Chahal. Also Alzarri would be an upgrade over Avesh and Bhuvi or even Lockie. David Miller for Hooda and i will take clutch Wade 2.0 over  both DK and Pant (as of today). Modiji please make it happen :pray:

Yes, GT’s attack is stronger than Ind’s but that is because the team planned for that approach.

Ind had the opportunity to field Moshin, Umran, etc., who are talented bowlers too! 

One IPL team had Warner-Shaw-Marsh in top 3, why not ask for that too! This TM (including Rohit) will field Rohit (himself), KL, & Kohli, so what is the point of competing in T20s when most of the overs will potentially be played by these guys?

Edited by zen
3 minutes ago, zen said:

Yes, GT’s attack is stronger than Ind’s but that is because the team planned for that approach.

Ind had the opportunity to field Moshin, Umran, etc., who are talented bowlers too! 

One IPL team had Warner-Shaw-Marsh in top 3, why not ask for that too! This TM (including Rohit) will field Rohit (himself), KL, & Kohli, so what is the point of competing in T20s when most of the overs will potentially be played by these guys?

well its easy to plan when part of the plan is to spend money on the best available talent from a world pool lol.

doesn’t work the same way for Indian team.

if that has to be the template and benchmark then why would someone look at GT and not Mi or CSK that has totally monopolized IPL?

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

well its easy to plan when part of the plan is to spend money on the best available talent from a world pool lol.

doesn’t work the same way for Indian team.

if that has to be the template and benchmark then why would someone look at GT and not Mi or CSK that has totally monopolized IPL?

Ind team does not need to spend to get 11 good in form players (many of those players are among top players in IPL too). The issue is in playing Rohit-Kohli-etc in T20s, adding trundlers to the mix, and hoping others bail Ind out.

You can learn from MI & CSK too where applicable (MI was 0-8, Ind struggled in multi team events) but read the OP to look at the various points being made from resource management to use of stats/formulaic cricket (irrespective of the IPL team)

Edited by zen