Haris Rauf thread

the don

6 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

Dude made his name in Australia for God's sake. 

He's not a successful because of how quick he bowls. Even hasnain can do that. It is rather the character and the temperament he posesses. 

U dont come from the streets and suddenly become one of the best bowlers in the world in 3, 4 years if you are just talented. 

He is one of the best t20 bowler In the world ,yes, but I don't think his type of bowling will work in Australia 

2 minutes ago, the don said:

Yeah as if he has never done well in the BBl lol.

Harshal patel was an IPL king for the last couple of edition and does well on these same Indian pitches where he is getting smashed now but we know he is a kachda bowler .

Horses for courses 

Just now, adi B said:

He is one of the best t20 bowler In the world ,yes, but I don't think his type of bowling will work in Australia 

No one believed he would do well anywhere just like you are questioning him right now,  let alone in Australia. 

The skillset he has, is not conditions dependent. 150 plus bowling with movement and variations is a threat everywhere and for everyone when he gets it right. 

10 minutes ago, adi B said:

Harshal patel was an IPL king for the last couple of edition and does well on these same Indian pitches where he is getting smashed now but we know he is a kachda bowler .

Horses for courses 

Comparing Rauf to Harshal.

Anybody who clocks 152 -154 kph with reasonable accuracy will do well anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

He is a good T20 bowler but lol at comparing with Wood...  That guy can bowl seriously quick for a entire Test match. 

Rauf goes to high 130's & low 140's in ODIs...  But he indeed is fastest in Asia I think. 

He bowled 96 mph today. We have regularly seen him ramp it up when he wants too.

3 minutes ago, the don said:

He bowled 96 mph today. We have regularly seen him ramp it up when he wants too.

Yes ,that is what he is saying but especially in t20s not odis though

Wood on the other hand has bowled express spells in tests and well you know it odis too

Similarly Lockie too does it in t20s and odis,he himself also is a seriously good t20 bowler

Rauf bowls 155 with 2 inch strides. Wood, Nortje or anyone cannot compare with him in terms of his arm speed at all. They are all proper bowlers with balanced momentum extracted from the runup and the action. 

This is why rauf is harder to hit in t20's compared to them, because his arm rotates abnormally fast for the batters to pick up length and variation.  

If he can lengthen his final 4,5 strides, can easily see an increase in 5 kphs in his average pace. 

Edited by Axl100mph
2 hours ago, the don said:

Yeah as if he has never done well in the BBl lol.

BBL is hardly a measure of quality tbh.  There's a lot of "internet warrior green vs blue" garbage on this thread.  It would be nice if greenbros and 'native' icf-ers stuck to the cricket and the player in question, instead of hurling insults back and forth.  

Haris rauf is very good,  i would say second best fast bowler From pak after Shaheen,good height,really quick and accurate problem lies Hasnain and Naseem they aren't newbies now as they have played plenty of matches so they have to back these guy's,on the other hand we are stuck with boobies,harshals and chahar,when we have Mohsin,sen, Tyagi, umran outside not getting chances,one thing I hand to pak is how to nurture their fast bowlers,but then same can't be said about batting,in india its the opposite.

5 hours ago, Axl100mph said:

Rauf bowls 155 with 2 inch strides. Wood, Nortje or anyone cannot compare with him in terms of his arm speed at all. They are all proper bowlers with balanced momentum extracted from the runup and the action. 

This is why rauf is harder to hit in t20's compared to them, because his arm rotates abnormally fast for the batters to pick up length and variation.  

If he can lengthen his final 4,5 strides, can easily see an increase in 5 kphs in his average pace. 

See so far he has done well in Asian condition,i am not saying he can't do well in SENA in t20's but SENA in T20 tends to be more patta,lush green outfield good bounce with no grass,so reverse swing and spin is negated,batters can easily hit through line, yesterday's match sides were dry hence it aided reverse swing 

1 hour ago, vayuu1 said:

See so far he has done well in Asian condition,i am not saying he can't do well in SENA in t20's but SENA in T20 tends to be more patta,lush green outfield good bounce with no grass,so reverse swing and spin is negated,batters can easily hit through line, yesterday's match sides were dry hence it aided reverse swing 

Yesterday was the only match where we saw reverse on show, and rsuf normally doesn't look for a lot of reverse either. His fast hard lengths snd fast cutters are his usual go to options, which are the go to approach for bowlers in sena conditions.