Haris Rauf thread

the don

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He bowled well against tailenders.  When he bowled the same 19th over to Pandya he conceded 3 fours in 4 balls. If you look at his performances against major cricketing nations it is on Par with Harshal patel. Harshal has better strike rate.  Rauf has slightly better ER 8.65 vs 8.75.   

testssw-w.jpg

Any bowler no matter how good  will concede runs at some point.Rauf has all the tools to be very good t20 bowler unlike Bhuvi or Harshal

Just now, putrevus said:

Any bowler no matter how good  will concede runs at some point.Rauf has all the tools to be very good t20 bowler unlike Bhuvi or Harshal

Yes. He has pace. But that can work against you if you don't mix it up. It will be helpful when you bowl to lower order though. Batsman can't tip and run easily.

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He bowled well against tailenders.  When he bowled the same 19th over to Pandya he conceded 3 fours in 4 balls. If you look at his performances against major cricketing nations it is on Par with Harshal patel. Harshal has better strike rate.  Rauf has slightly better ER 8.65 vs 8.75.   

testssw-w.jpg

Whats the recent figures since 2021?

20 hours ago, the don said:

Creating a thread to watch out for this 150 kph tape ball product from Pakistan. One of the best T20 bowlers in the world atm.

I read this post and thought he did some 5-12 wala performance, seems he took 3 wkts against an English team w/o Jos Buttler, Bairstow, Stokes at his home.

Last match only he was thrashed for close to 40 runs, when Mark Wood blew you guys single handedly.
One decent performance at home and suddenly he became the best t20 bowler. 

Atleast wait for some more matches before giving him the crown. Same words were used for Hassan Ali in 2017, Wahab Riaz in 2015 WC and we all know how that turned out to be.

Edited by singhvivek141
50 minutes ago, Number said:

Haris Rauf in tape ball cricket.

That opening batsman against him seems like a legend of tape ball. 

Good speeds though:p:

He is lightening in tape ball. International batsmen wont be able to tackle those speeds. Anwar ali was absolutely clueless against the pace of 40 year old Zaheer kalia. Tape ball batsmen are used to facing extreme pace as iy travels quicker through the air. Its not easy to adjust to a harder ball and bowls as fast after bowling with the tape ball for most of your career.

Taimoor mirza is a tape ball legend.

57 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I read this post and thought he did some 5-12 wala performance, seems he took 3 wkts against an English team w/o Jos Buttler, Bairstow, Stokes at his home.

Last match only he was thrashed for close to 40 runs, when Mark Wood blew you guys single handedly.
One decent performance at home and suddenly he became the best t20 bowler. 

Atleast wait for some more matches before giving him the crown. Same words were used for Hassan Ali in 2017, Wahab Riaz in 2015 WC and we all know how that turned out to be.

The problem with stats.

He won Pakistan the match irrespective of the stats.

1 hour ago, the don said:

He is lightening in tape ball. International batsmen wont be able to tackle those speeds. Anwar ali was absolutely clueless against the pace of 40 year old Zaheer kalia. Tape ball batsmen are used to facing extreme pace as iy travels quicker through the air. Its not easy to adjust to a harder ball and bowls as fast after bowling with the tape ball for most of your career.

Taimoor mirza is a tape ball legend.

Asif Ali also looks to be a tapeball product.

On current form..out of Haris,Harshal and Bhuvi..whom do you want in your team...I would want Haris Rauf..Bhuvi is no longer giving me confidence to take wkts in powerplay..he is of no use for us..and is a liability in death..Harshal is also no use in PP..and hasnt been enough convincing for me in the death too..

Rauf can do okay in PP and good in middle and death overs..and can finish the tail too..finishing tail..itself has been a nightmare for India..so he gets extra points in that regard..

Though..a younger Bhuvi in peak form would have been my first choice..as we need wkts in PP..rather than Haris Rauf's middle\death over skills..as we can get Bumrah\Arshdeep to do that for us...

Rauf is good and dependable for his team..as Pak already has good enough PP bowlers..

Why we are looking for Umran..to have someone do what Rauf is doing for Pak..

To summarize..in current scenario..for me..Rauf trumps Bhuvi\Harshal..