Bumrah ruled out of world cup : PTI

Number

2 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Kartik Tyagi, Shivam mavi are our best hopes. Kartik in particular . BCCI need to invest in these guys the most. 

There are quite a few guys who can bowl 135 -140  with the odd 90 mph ball. These guys need to be very carefully looked after too. 

Kuldeep Sen is closest to India debut among all of them.  Kartik is sidelined for now.  Sen is 145+ like Tyagi. 

5 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Was never going to have a long career with that action. 

2nd stress reaction/fracture in 3 years. He had already lost some pace after the 1st. 

We need more bowlers with good mechanics. Cant afford to lose the few genuine quicks we have and we don't produce too many in the first place. 

Part and parcel of the game,fault is chewt selectors never attempted to prepare a backup for him

We literally rested our all hopes on shoulders of poor Bumrah,who is the best pacer to have come from this land

They have created multiple backups for Bhuvi rather but never felt the need to create one for your genuine match winner bowler who made you relevant on global stage when it comes to fast bowling

Very sad state of affairs

Edited by Suhaan
58 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shami may not be match fit after Covid. 

We may have to choose from the 4 mitary medium pacers.

India would be better off playing 4 spinners than 4 medium pace bowlers.

Down Under, pace bowlers at Boobi's length and speed are sent out of the ground.

Fcking hell I knew, I stated on here we would  lose players during the WC, India's preparations are a joke. We are losing players even before the WC has even begun.

The only blessing is that Arshdeep looks great. I would even play Siraj down under in the T20. The last time we had to rely on youth due to injuries India won a magnificent test series.

You mention Covid, I mean I dont know if I have ever had covid, sure I had the flu bad for a day or two, most Australians who got it, got over it in 2-3 days and resume sports training. It seems our athletes cannot even be match fit.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah was prematurely rushed back.

Should have been given time to recover fully.

The fitness personnel at the NCA, in charge of rehabilitation, must be held responsible for declaring him fit. 

Bumrah is a gem .... and should not be handled poorly. 

It's not that simple. Remember the time when Bumrah got treated by MI fir sn injury and tried to get fitness cert from NCA which refused to do so because they didn't treat him? Who knows what the details of his present injury and treatment are? Maybe everyone did their best but Bumrah's body has failed him. And his action isn't the smoothest either. 

No offense to Bumrah but India needs to be more than just Bumrah as far as fast bowling is concerned. Still remember Zak getting hurt in 2011 in England in the first hour  and taking any chance India had in that series.

They had so many matches where they could have given raw fast bowlers chances but moronic TM and selectors kept on playing useless Bhuvi and Harshal.

20 minutes ago, Mosher said:

No planning from these dumb* selectors. Bumrah was rushed back. Now don't know how long he will take to recover. Hope he comes back like the Bumrah we know.

They could have tried one more quick bowler like Mohsin/Sen for the T20 wc but lot of chances were given only to Avesh and now we are stuck with an out trundler attack :mad:

While most teams have tried 3 or 4 hit the deck or quick pacers for Australia, we tried only Avesh in Bumrah's absence.

Never seen such joke of a planning.