Kantara - A Masterpiece?

kepler37b

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I like Masala movies. Just didn’t enjoy KGF1. Turned off 50 mins in. Didn’t even watch KGF 2. sometimes a movie just doesn’t click with you even if others love it.

I could not watch it either noir theme was very gaudy and lots of hero worship. O could not stand hero worship in bahibali imagine what would have happened in KGF but many karnataka people loved it for the masala. 

12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

I could not watch it either noir theme was very gaudy and lots of hero worship. O could not stand hero worship in bahibali imagine what would have happened in KGF but many karnataka people loved it for the masala. 

KGF1 was tolerable, with some action (esp the one in the mines with the blind man), it had a Temple of doom feel. KGF2 was unbearable. It was a bigger hit outside Karnataka for some weird reason. None of my family and friends liked it. 

Watched Kantara yesterday. Last I was  impressed by quality of acting by main character in a movie was "Ray -Jamie fox". However Rishabh throughout the movie may not have been as good as Jamie but he had taken it to next level in one scene. I just hope and wish he replicates same level in his next movie and Bollywood learns from him.

3 hours ago, mishra said:

Watched Kantara yesterday. Last I was  impressed by quality of acting by main character in a movie was "Ray -Jamie fox". However Rishabh throughout the movie may not have been as good as Jamie but he had taken it to next level in one scene. I just hope and wish he replicates same level in his next movie and Bollywood learns from him.

Welcome back Mishra ji. 

I watched it on Netflix.

In Kannada with English subtitles. 65 Inch TV. Home theatre system - Not sure what I'm missing out on.

First 10 minutes were interesting. Than, 2 hours of slow pace. Ending didn't warrant the hype.

It's an interesting movie that is different to other movies out there. Strictly a one time watch. 

On 12/19/2022 at 10:32 AM, EnterTheVoid said:

I really tried to like Kantara.

I wished I enjoyed it more than I did. 

But the movie just didn't do anything for me. 

Why should you try? Either a movie connects with you or it doesn't.

I feel the same about Sholay, Django Unchained etc. Supposedly amazing but just never could understand why they were such a big deal