Champions League Final

Predator_05

Liverpool still remain ahead of them with 5 wins, but United are catching up with 3. Real Madrid are way ahead of the others, with 9, AC Milan on 7, then Liverpool with 5, Bayern & Ajax with 4, followed by United, and then Juventus, Barca, Inter, Nottingham Forest (!) and Porto & Benefica, all with 2.

Ten England players started that game tonight. Some fans will take that as some kind of renaissance in the national team's fortunes. Nothing could be further from the truth. Except Scholes & Hargreaves, all the others are massively overrated. The two Coles, Lampard, Terry, Brown, Ferdinand, Rooney...all sub standard, overpaid, overhyped players. English clubs, on the other hand, are not doing too badly. This was the 11th Champion's League win by an English side- exactly the same as Italy and Spain. That's some achievement, despite being kicked out of the competition for a full five years in the 80s after the Heysel disaster.
hahahahahaha that is uber crap if i have ever heard it Doc with his red tinted glasses prolly thinks gerrard can do a better job at centreback then ferdinand joke of the season meanest defence in premiership was achieved by Vidic himself wasnt it doc?

Ridiculous, wasn't it. Ferdinand is the best centre-back in the world at present. Lampard ? We've already discussed him, but as you can see - he may not be at Chelsea next season and many big European clubs, Barcelona, Inter Milan among them, are already queuing up to sign him. The rest, bar Brown, could walk into most top European clubs' XIs. Substandard, my ass.

Arre bhai Don, would you believe it, I am not a Kop. In fact, having lived in Manchester for fully eight years, it's United I have a soft corner for, although yes, I do think Gerard is a wonderful player when on song. I think you guys are grossly overrating Ferdinand. He's nowhere that good. Neither is Rooney. Their record for England is pathetic, and if there was any quality in Ennglish players, England wouldn't have been languishing thus for a generation. And Pred, if you think Lampard is world class, you really aren't watching enough football, sorry. A bit of a goal poacher, but does he set up the game?

Arre bhai Don, would you believe it, I am not a Kop. In fact, having lived in Manchester for fully eight years, it's United I have a soft corner for, although yes, I do think Gerard is a wonderful player when on song. I think you guys are grossly overrating Ferdinand. He's nowhere that good. Neither is Rooney. Their record for England is pathetic, and if there was any quality in Ennglish players, England wouldn't have been languishing thus for a generation. And Pred, if you think Lampard is world class, you really aren't watching enough football, sorry. A bit of a goal poacher, but does he set up the game?
Name ONE, just ONE, centre-back who has been better than Ferdinand this season. No one gives a sh it about what these guys do for England. Your blue-eyed boy Stevie G has done f all for England too, is he substandard and overhyped ? Just because England have failed to live up to expectations in World Cups and Euros doesn't mean their players are bad - it just means they can't play as a cohesive unit. Brazil were knocked out in the QF's last time - i suppose Kaka, Ronaldinho, Juninho, etc. have no quality either ? ...and I have watched at least 20 of Chelsea's matches this season. Lampard is a goalscoring midfielder who is worth his weight in gold. Think about it - there is a reason why Barcelona and Inter Milan would give up their left testicle to sign a player of his quality. His ghost-like runs into the box, his link-up play and passing, his set-pieces, his clean finishing makes him invaluable. You don't hold your own in a team like Chelsea by being sh it. If you think he is JUST a goal-poacher who scores off deflections, i'm afraid you're the one who isn't watching any football, apart from the customary CL semifinal/final.

Name ONE, just ONE, centre-back who has been better than Ferdinand this season. No one gives a sh it about what these guys do for England. Your blue-eyed boy Stevie G has done f all for England too, is he substandard and overhyped ? Just because England have failed to live up to expectations in World Cups and Euros doesn't mean their players are bad - it just means they can't play as a cohesive unit. Brazil were knocked out in the QF's last time - i suppose Kaka, Ronaldinho, Juninho, etc. have no quality either ? ...and I have watched at least 20 of Chelsea's matches this season. Lampard is a goalscoring midfielder who is worth his weight in gold. Think about it - there is a reason why Barcelona and Inter Milan would give up their left testicle to sign a player of his quality. His ghost-like runs into the box, his link-up play and passing, his set-pieces, his clean finishing makes him invaluable. You don't hold your own in a team like Chelsea by being sh it. If you think he is JUST a goal-poacher who scores off deflections, i'm afraid you're the one who isn't watching any football, apart from the customary CL semifinal/final.
Then pray tell me why Lampard sucked big time in the world's biggest stage - Word Cup 2006. He reminds me of Marco van Basten , great club player who used to disappear in the World Cups although in his defense , he was primarily a striker.

Marco van Basten won Holland the Euro '88 with one of the greatest goals of all time.
I saw that match , granted he played well in the Euro Cup , but his performance in the subsequent '90 world cup was disappointing to say the least . Heck , even rijkaard and gullit sucked too in that world cup.

I saw that match ' date=' granted he played well in the Euro Cup , but his performance in the subsequent '90 world cup was disappointing to say the least . Heck , even rijkaard and gullit sucked too in that world cup.[/quote'] Which goes out to show that the odd World Cup failure doesn't diminish a player's status as an all-time great. All three of them would walk into an all time Dutch XI

Which goes out to show that the odd World Cup failure doesn't diminish a player's status as an all-time great. All three of them would walk into an all time Dutch XI
They could walk into all time Dutch X1 , but you need to keep in mind that legacy of a great players are not complete unless they perform in the world's greatest stage - world cup ... That's why I rate players like Maradona , Ronaldo , Matheus , Klinsmann etc very highly as compared to Lampards and Rooneys of the world . But , if they perform in the next World Cup , I would certainly re-access them.

Sergio Ramos? Puyol can't be far behind, nor can Italy's dynamic duo, Cannavaro & Nesta.
I watch Sergio Ramos week in and week out for Real Madrid. He isn't a centre-back, he is a right back. The best RB in the world, but as a CB he isn't as good as Ferdinand. Cannavaro and Nesta aren't as good as they once were. Puyol has been well below his best this season. Ferdinand is currently in his prime, having the best season of his life and he has been outstanding for Man utd time and time again. You could make a good argument for Ricardo Carvalho though. Wait 'til UEFA's team of the year comes out, he'll be in it for sure.

They could walk into all time Dutch X1 ' date=' but you need to keep in mind that legacy of a great players are not complete unless they perform in the world's greatest stage - world cup ... That's why I rate players like Maradona , Ronaldo , Matheus , Klinsmann etc very highly as compared to Lampards and Rooneys of the world .[/quote'] I could name plenty of legends who never won a World Cup but are still regarded as the greatest of all time. Cruyff, Weah, Baggio, Bergkamp, Schmeichel, Gullit, Hierro, Batistuta etc. All legends in their own right. Winning the World Cup does add to a great player's reputation, but it doesn't exactly set them apart.