Rohit Sharma 2.0 the T20 batsman

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Oh I see now Asia cup is important but it was a useless tournament when he won it with a middle order of Jadhav, DK, Rayudu, MSD (2018) version.

Asia Cup in this context is important as since COVID it is the only high profile tournament we played after T20 WC with multiple high level teams playing very seriously. The fact that SL won it shows how much they progressed as a team.

Before COVID, Asia Cup was just a silly excuse to put India and Pak together in a tournament.

If there was an ICC Champions trophy in the last 2 years that would have been a proper metric too but there was none other than useless bilaterals.

9 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

Yes, T20 is a top heavy game with Top 3 mostly deciding the outcome of the game most of the times.

who?

Every team has their best 3 players in the top 3.

He failed where it mattered and funnily enough everyone even in this board are putting their money on SKY to bail us out of this WT20 but not Rohit who is supposed to be the best ever captain and batsman according to your stats.

Let's put it this way - are you willing to bet everything you have on Rohit scoring one match winning 100 in EITHER Pak or SA game this WC T20 in AUS? If not, why not? Isn't he your best ever player according to your stats?

yes he is best among the options avl 

40 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

who?

yes he is best among the options avl 

Give Gill, Pant, Kishan etc. same amount of chances and they will come good in one clutch innings under pressure.

This idea that there is no alternative is what caused the downfall of the richest board in the world with thousands of quality players waiting in the wings.

Top 3 we have are useless in T20 format as they are not clutch performers who can make a 200+ strike rate innings that effectively eliminate the opposition.

FTR, below is Rohit 2.O performance since becoming FT captain in Nov 2021:

Career averages
  Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
unfiltered 142 134 17 3737 118 31.94 2658 140.59 4 28 10 337 178  
filtered 26 26 2 699 72 29.12 482 145.02 0 4 3 64 38  
Career summary
Grouping Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
v Australia 3 3 1 74 46* 37.00 43 172.09 0 0 0 7 6  
v England 3 3 0 66 31 22.00 46 143.47 0 0 0 10 2  
v Hong Kong 1 1 0 21 21 21.00 13 161.53 0 0 0 2 1  
v New Zealand 3 3 0 159 56 53.00 103 154.36 0 2 0 11 10  
v Pakistan 2 2 0 40 28 20.00 34 117.64 0 0 0 3 3  
v South Africa 3 3 0 43 43 14.33 41 104.87 0 0 2 7 1  
v Sri Lanka 4 4 0 122 72 30.50 84 145.23 0 1 0 8 5  
v West Indies 7 7 1 174 64 29.00 118 147.45 0 1 1 16 10  

Mostly did well at home. One series of note is versus NZ. 

In the last 6 innings v Aus & SA, only notable one is versus Aus where he hit 46*, swinging his bat,  in a shortened game. 

11 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

Give Gill, Pant, Kishan etc. same amount of chances and they will come good in one clutch innings under pressure.

Gill with his s/r doesnt deserve a chance in Indian t20 side, its 125 . Kohli at his worse had a s/r of 136 in last 3 yrs 

Pant record is for everyone to see and he has played enough

Kishen s/r this yr is worse then kohli s/r who was at dip. His quality will never be enough to match those 3 

Ye clutch vlutch to baad men aata hai pehle bahut kuch karna padta hai, clutch ki waise bhi koi guarntee nhin hoti

Also chances are earned- pehle chance kama lo jo basic hai fir bolna ki hum clucth performance denge jo next level hai 

This idea that there is no alternative is what caused the downfall of the richest board in the world with thousands of quality players waiting in the wings.

no its not that their arent alternaternative but whoever these guys are their current game are not of top 3 level specially in overseas condition in this format 

Top 3 we have are useless in T20 format as they are not clutch performers who can make a 200+ strike rate innings that effectively eliminate the opposition.

ok who is scoring in world cricket with 200+ s/r let me know 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Gill with his s/r doesnt deserve a chance in Indian t20 side, its 125 . Kohli at his worse had a s/r of 136 in last 3 yrs 

Pant record is for everyone to see and he has played enough

Kishen s/r this yr is worse then kohli s/r who was at dip. His quality will never be enough to match those 3 

Ye clutch vlutch to baad men aata hai pehle bahut kuch karna padta hai, clutch ki waise bhi koi guarntee nhin hoti

Also chances are earned- pehle chance kama lo jo basic hai fir bolna ki hum clucth performance denge jo next level hai 

no its not that their arent alternaternative but whoever these guys are their current game are not of top 3 level specially in overseas condition in this format 

ok who is scoring in world cricket with 200+ s/r let me know 

I am talking T20 not 50 overs ODI.

A Kishan, Pant, Samson only need to make use of 2-3 overs to completely turn the game upside down.

We cannot expect that from any of the top 3 currently. It's sad because I was a big fan of KL Rahul as he has all the shots in the book.

But he seems like he has too much pressure on him to keep up with his rich lifestyle or whatever it might be. He is deer in headlights in pressure situations.

Rohit and Kohli are just too old for the shorter format. ODI's their skill level is fine. But T20 their body doesn't cooperate with their mind.

It's a young people's game at the end of the day. You need someone to make 20+ runs in an over and turn the game upside down.

I can put my money on Kishan, Gill, Shaw, Pant, Samson or any one of the youngsters who can score at a high strike rate to make this happen IF given enough chances especially in faltu games like against Hong Kong, Afghanistan, Bangladesh etc. that top 3 played to pad their stats in both the T20 WC last year and Asia Cup this year.

I am talking T20 not 50 overs ODI.

A Kishan, Pant, Samson only need to make use of 2-3 overs to completely turn the game upside down.

First of Rohit has been so good so why wud i drop him ??? Why have such low aim for just PP , nothing more dangerous then a set batsman

kishen s/r in PP this yr

International - 120

IPL 112

Yea right turning game upside down with s/r worse then bangladesh batsman 

We cannot expect that from any of the top 3 currently. It's sad because I was a big fan of KL Rahul as he has all the shots in the book.

But he seems like he has too much pressure on him to keep up with his rich lifestyle or whatever it might be. He is deer in headlights in pressure situations.

and what has pant done in t20 or even kishen ??

Rohit and Kohli are just too old for the shorter format. ODI's their skill level is fine. But T20 their body doesn't cooperate with their mind.

have u seen david warner age ?

It's a young people's game at the end of the day. You need someone to make 20+ runs in an over and turn the game upside down.

bullshit 

I can put my money on Kishan, Gill, Shaw, Pant, Samson or any one of the youngsters who can score at a high strike rate to make this happen IF given enough chances especially in faltu games like against Hong Kong, Afghanistan, Bangladesh etc. that top 3 played to pad their stats in both the T20 WC last year and Asia Cup this year.

Gill s/r is 125 in IPL

Kishen s/r in international 131

pant 127 

With these numbers na getting in avg teams will be tough forget getting a chance ahead guys like Rohit-kohli 

GRASS ALWAYS LOOKS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, sage said:

Rohit is a champion. Would slot in to any team on the planet as first pick opener even now. Boosting his SR and leading from the front :dance:

Let's see in the WT20 game against Pak against Shaheen Afridi, Naseem Shah and Haris Rauf - all in top form.

If him scoring 15 of 8 balls is considered greatness and match winning performance for you then you will be the biggest moron in this forum