Apologize now to King Kohli

4 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Good that he played like that today. Kudos to him! :-):hatsoff:

But, I guess it took six years to get a 'clutch' innings after his Mohali heroics. (Still better than not having one I suppose).

I said clutchest batsman we have produced

I don't remember any other Indian batsman having so many performances in high pressure ICC games

55 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Tendulkar was a genuine liability at the end of his career, so was dhoni.... hopefully Kohli is far from retiring, retires before being liability.

Naah .... played some of his best cricket between 2007-2011 ... once in a lifetime player. 

Had doubts in test cricket the way he was struggling but yeah i didn't see this type of come back coming. Felt he will come back to form but won't be as consistent as he was at peak but he seems to have gotten even better. Still want to see how he does in test cricket which is where he struggled the most. I think he was always good in t20 barring few matches or some series.

27 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Had doubts in test cricket the way he was struggling but yeah i didn't see this type of come back coming. Felt he will come back to form but won't be as consistent as he was at peak but he seems to have gotten even better. Still want to see how he does in test cricket which is where he struggled the most. I think he was always good in t20 barring few matches or some series.

Pakistan brings the best out of him.

So glad for Kohli. He was awesome emotional but awesome effort. But wonder why it was needed. 

Pak batting is poor they should have not reached the total they did. Their bowling was good but not as good as the Indian batting made it look. 

And since the win was pulled from certain defeat Indians acted like they won the cup lol seeing immaturity there. Hardik struggled but held on as usual stong mind. Karthik did well with his running but gave an easy stumping. Ashwin showed amazing presence of mind letting that wide go balls off steel and the last over the close in run was OK but the victory lap he took instead of turning around to kohli means there is some love lost there. Kohli praised Hardik in his post match so probably it a matter of time before captaincy shifts I guess. 

Overall memorable victory snatched from the jaws of an unnecessary loss to a mediocre opposition. Kohli was so emotional hope he and others fuel this to other games. 

I, for one, never believed Kohli was finished in the last three years as he was always shown some glimpses of good touch here and there. It was his lack of 100s that made people believe he has lost it. So I dont need to apologize.

Also, if you see, Kohli never really struggled in T20Is in the past three years (I dont take IPLs seriously). Yes, his strike rate took a hit in few matches because of his lack of confidence against spinners. But scored some useful runs occasionally. He got a MOM in Aus in 2020 and MOS against Eng in 2021. In 2021 T20 Wc he failed only against NZ.

He seemed to have gained confidence against spinners recently. As in T20Is he has been doing his usual work, lets see if he could resurrect his prime form in ODIs and test using the newly found confidence and peace of mind after this WC. He has got age and fitness on his side so I believe he can.

3 minutes ago, Sonix768 said:

I, for one, never believed Kohli was finished in the last three years as he was always shown some glimpses of good touch here and there. It was his lack of 100s that made people believe he has lost it. So I dont need to apologize.

Also, if you see, Kohli never really struggled in T20Is in the past three years (I dont take IPLs seriously). Yes, his strike rate took a hit in few matches because of his lack of confidence against spinners. But scored some useful runs occasionally. He got a MOM in Aus in 2020 and MOS against Eng in 2021. In 2021 T20 Wc he failed only against NZ.

He seemed to have gained confidence against spinners recently. As in T20Is he has been doing his usual work, lets see if he could resurrect his prime form in ODIs and test using the newly found confidence and peace of mind after this WC. He has got age and fitness on his side so I believe he can.

Yes. His game against spin probably stifled him. He still has issues against leggies. BBut left arm spinners he is increasing becoming confident. Showed glimpses of it against Afghanistan

5 hours ago, Lord said:

I said clutchest batsman we have produced

I don't remember any other Indian batsman having so many performances in high pressure ICC games

I do, you just have short memories! Also it's relatively easier to be clutch in 20/40 overs than 50-100 overs or in tests! The longer the game the harder for you to win it, especially while chasing.

"So is old Kohli back? Did he ever leave? Those are but moot questions. It is easy to get drunk on superlatives on a night like this. What was witnessed today was a genuinely rare combination: a great player producing a great performance for the ages against a quality opposition in a great venue without ever appearing great for large parts while creating greatness. And yet, just like old times, it was a timely reminder that for all the gongs and glories in the past, the little restraint that may have crept into his machine, Kohli remains a man for the big moment and the big stage."

Courtesy: https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/124245/virat-kohli-at-mcg-back-to-the-genius-india-vs-pakistan-cricbuzzcom

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

Persisting with out of form players ( failing consistently for more than 12 months )  is never a good practice or a good system to follow.

It harms both the player himself as well as the team.

If Kohli was allowed to go back to the drawing board / advised to go back to the drawing board after 12 or even 18 months of consistent failures, he would probably have regained form much earlier. 

Great post.

It admires Kohli and at the same time pointing out that he should have been dropped when out of form for so long so that he could regain it.

Pant is an caged Tiger, let him out now.