Jump to content

Hardik Pandya's batting in T20I tournaments


Recommended Posts

Did well this world t20.

But in no way is this a great performance, good performance and deserves praise, should lead our t20 side from now on.

 

Still think he is a poor mans Yusuf Pathan with the bat.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Adamant said:

Did well this world t20.

But in no way is this a great performance, good performance and deserves praise, should lead our t20 side from now on.

 

Still think he is a poor mans Yusuf Pathan with the bat.

Better version of yousaf

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Pandya is as clutch as they come. Shows up against padosis all the time, and in ICC tourneys. Even in 2022 WT20, he was the one who got us to 160 odd as likes of Kohli were batting to set a target of 140, and then had the gall of blaming bowlers :giggle:

Coolie is the reason we lost in 2017 with his foolish decision to bowl. 

 

And he is the reason why streak was broken. 

 

Thanks coolie 

Link to comment

Coolies record in knock outs

 

Now lets look at ODI knockouts; world cup and champions trophy

 

Average of 34.56 in 10 innings at a SR of 87.9 with 2 50s and both are not outs****

 

smith averages 103.6 in 4 innings with a SR of 88.4 with 3 50s and a 100 with one NO

 

 

So is coolie really a better player in odi? I don't think so brothers. So sad. 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Pandya is as clutch as they come. Shows up against padosis all the time, and in ICC tourneys. Even in 2022 WT20, he was the one who got us to 160 odd as likes of Kohli were batting to set a target of 140, and then had the gall of blaming bowlers :giggle:

 

Gave it away with the ball though.

 

As 'clutch' as he is claimed to be, still yet to deliver a MOTM performance in ICC knockouts.

 

Even here he got saved big time by SKY. That delivery deserved a six.

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Lord said:

 

Gave it away with the ball though.

 

As 'clutch' as he is claimed to be, still yet to deliver a MOTM performance in ICC knockouts.

 

Even here he got saved big time by SKY. That delivery deserved a six.

 

Naah... In 2022 WT20 he was the only one to show up in the SF against Eng. And this WT20 he was the MVP and he had a higher impact than even Bumrah as per cricinfo smart stats! Clearly our best player alongside Bumrah. Even in the final he was the one who bowled 2 of the last 5 overs and got crucial wkts. He was as clutch as anyone in that situation can be.

 

Pandya along with Bumrah are the reasons we won the WT20. Nothing but respect for him :hatsoff:

Link to comment
Just now, Ultimate_Game said:

 

Naah... In 2022 WT20 he was the only one to show up in the SF against Eng. And this WT20 he was the MVP and he had a higher impact than even Bumrah as per cricinfo smart stats! Clearly our best player alongside Bumrah. Even in the final he was the one who bowled 2 of the last 5 overs and got crucial wkts. He was as clutch as anyone in that situation can be.

 

Pandya along with Bumrah are the reasons we won the WT20. Nothing but respect for him :hatsoff:

In 2022, he struggled massively with the ball. Here he was good support but that's about it. His wickets in the final were not great deliveries but due to pressure created by Bumrah.

 

SA are the reason we won WT20 lol. 

 

Pandu is great but still lacking a main act in the knockouts. Too quality to not do so. It's TM's fault too to bat him after Dube.

Link to comment
Just now, Lord said:

In 2022, he struggled massively with the ball. Here he was good support but that's about it. His wickets in the final were not great deliveries but due to pressure created by Bumrah.

 

SA are the reason we won WT20 lol. 

 

Pandu is great but still lacking a main act in the knockouts. Too quality to not do so. It's TM's fault too to bat him after Dube.


 

where is the cab driver @MumInd?

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Lord said:

In 2022, he struggled massively with the ball. Here he was good support but that's about it. His wickets in the final were not great deliveries but due to pressure created by Bumrah.

 

SA are the reason we won WT20 lol. 

 

Pandu is great but still lacking a main act in the knockouts. Too quality to not do so. It's TM's fault too to bat him after Dube.

 

Pandya is the person who has showed up most often in WT20 knockouts. Showed up in 2022 WT20 SF, 2024 WT20 SF and Final. You can talk about SA choking all you want but it was Pandya who followed up that wonderful Bumrah over with the wkt of Klassen and gave up only 4 runs in the over. And then bowled the last over. He did much more than others and should've been the MOM in the final along with Bumrah.

 

His performance this final was as big an act you can possibly get with bowling figures of 3/20 off 3 overs. Doesn't matter whether he got lucky but the fact is that he showed up and performed when it really mattered. You replace Pandya in the knockouts with any other player, and we probably lose the match. If we had Siraj bowling against SA instead of Pandya, Klassen & Miller would've smashed him all over.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

 

Pandya is the person who has showed up most often in WT20 knockouts. Showed up in 2022 WT20 SF, 2024 WT20 SF and Final. You can talk about SA choking all you want but it was Pandya who followed up that wonderful Bumrah over with the wkt of Klassen and gave up only 4 runs in the over. And then bowled the last over. He did much more than others and should've been the MOM in the final along with Bumrah.

 

His performance this final was as big an act you can possibly get with bowling figures of 3/20 off 3 overs. Doesn't matter whether he got lucky but the fact is that he showed up and performed when it really mattered. You replace Pandya in the knockouts with any other player, and we probably lose the match. If we had Siraj bowling against SA instead of Pandya, Klassen & Miller would've smashed him all over.

Ofcourse it matters lol, he didn't get those wickets due to great bowling but luck. Any bowler can get wickets too if lucky, even Siraj.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Lord said:

Ofcourse it matters lol, he didn't get those wickets due to great bowling but luck. Any bowler can get wickets too if lucky, even Siraj.

 

I have yet to see Siraj get lucky against any other team except SL. Pandya performed in the final and his delivery to dismiss Klassen was spot on - a wider slowish delivery to get an edge. If such a stellar performance is luck, we can very well attribute every MOM performance by any player to luck.

 

This is akin to Kohli fans saying "Dhoni was lucky in ICC tourneys to win finals" to explain his poor captaincy. Pandya has consistently performed in big matches and has been clutch, which shows its much more than luck. And even if its luck, I would rather have a "lucky" Pandya in the team over others.

Edited by Ultimate_Game
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lord said:

Ofcourse it matters lol, he didn't get those wickets due to great bowling but luck. Any bowler can get wickets too if lucky, even Siraj.

Disagree !! That wide slower ball to Klaasen was a good ball. Klaasen's wicket totally halted SA and its not a guarantee that SA would have won had Sky spilled the catch. Equation would have been 10 off 5. Miller could have gotten out the next ball too. 

Edited by nitinbwj
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...