INDIA squad for the BANGLADESH series

5 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Something from left field by me, but India need to explore options and utilize its assets as best as possible. Why not be inventive, because we have failed miserably with the same approach for years.

Could we try using SKY as opener in both T20 and ODI? The more balls he faces the more runs he scores, having him come 2 down in T20 was just madness in the WC. I would rather SKY go tuk tuk ahead of anyone else in the PP, because we know his acceleration can be phenomenal.

Could we use SKY in Test Cricket, its radical and something out of the box, but he is the kind of player that could change the result of a game in a session. Its a high risk approach to Test Cricket, but it would be attacking and given years of Pujara and Rahane, its definitely taking the game on.

Thoughts?

@express bowling@raki05@Vijy

he can be used in tests. he was in fact devastating in ranjis during his first 2 years.

not a big fan of using him as opener in ODIs. would rather have someone else bash it around at the top. the death is where a clinical finisher is needed.

29 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he can be used in tests. he was in fact devastating in ranjis during his first 2 years.

not a big fan of using him as opener in ODIs. would rather have someone else bash it around at the top. the death is where a clinical finisher is needed.

Thanks for this, I didnt know about him in Ranji.

I think he could be a weapon of mass destruction in Tests. Lets not forget, his T20 cricketing shots, is not just mindless blind batting and bashing, he has genuine elite skill in his shots and shot selection. Its calculated shots given field placings.

The Test squad has Pujara, while Pujara has done wonderful service, his time is over. I would much rather have SKY at 3, then Pujara.

I suggested him as opener in white ball only for the purpose of discussion, given that if he faces say 100 balls in ODI's he could realistically score 150+ which is match winning. For the Indian WC, he could be used as an opener if the pitches flat and dead.

47 minutes ago, Vijy said:

12 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Thanks for this, I didnt know about him in Ranji.

I think he could be a weapon of mass destruction in Tests. Lets not forget, his T20 cricketing shots, is not just mindless blind batting and bashing, he has genuine elite skill in his shots and shot selection. Its calculated shots given field placings.

The Test squad has Pujara, while Pujara has done wonderful service, his time is over. I would much rather have SKY at 3, then Pujara.

I suggested him as opener in white ball only for the purpose of discussion, given that if he faces say 100 balls in ODI's he could realistically score 150+ which is match winning. For the Indian WC, he could be used as an opener if the pitches flat and dead.

SKY hax a solid FC record.

Can be a Sehwag type batter in tests, albeit in the middle order.

I have wanted him in place of Rahane or Vihari for quite some time now. These guys fail anyway. 

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Agree.

How can things go wrong?

These are meaningless irrelevant bi lateral series. The selectors are being irresponsible.

We lack vision, when you try to change something, one must be prepared for it to go through a lean period.
Any new business, takes time to setup..before really blossoming.
But while most of the genuine fans are ready for that, the BCCI & TM doesn't seem to be ready for it. They just handled 1-2 caps here and there to new faces only to revert to the experience. 
When the bilateral wins will reduce the impact of T20I WC loss, the seniors will slowly crawl back with the excuse of "lack of time" for the ODI WC.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

SKY hax a solid FC record.

Can be a Sehwag type batter in tests, albeit in the middle order.

I have wanted him in place of Rahane or Vihari for quite some time now. These guys fail anyway. 

Exactly, at least with SKY there is hope of something special, he will always be an improvement on Rahane or Vihari.

He really cannot do any worse than those two.

5 hours ago, Lord said:

Rahane is gone. Pujara and Vihari should go too.

But SKY is not the answer. Tests are completely different. He doesnt have a great FC record.

Feel for Sarfaraz and other performers in FC.

sarfaraz can score at 70-80 SR in tests without much risks. I have said it till I am hoarse, and will say so again. this could be our best bet 3-4 years from now, and hence these players should be brought in one after the other (not at the same time)

1. jaiswal

2. dhull

3. gill

4. sundar

5. sarfaraz

6. pant

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

sarfaraz can score at 70-80 SR in tests without much risks. I have said it till I am hoarse, and will say so again. this could be our best bet 3-4 years from now, and hence these players should be brought in one after the other (not at the same time)

1. jaiswal

2. dhull

3. gill

4. sundar

5. sarfaraz

6. pant

Dhull remains to be a MO option,shades of Steve Waugh,Bailley I see in him

Stubborn yet quite aggressive,hope he evolves as expected

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Dhull remains to be a MO option,shades of Steve Waugh,Bailley I see in him

Stubborn yet quite aggressive,hope he evolves as expected

In my opinion, the correct waugh analogy is sarfaraz. he does not have an elegant technique, but is a genuine MO bat who has the capacity to rescue team during fall of early wkts but also score briskly when needed. that's why I have him at 5.

Dhull is highly elegant and languid, yet quite compact. he is a mix between kohli and peak rahane.

India tour of Bangladesh: Full Schedule

DATE & TIME MATCH
Sun, Dec 04
12:30 PM IST
07:00 AM GMT | 01:00 PM LOCAL
Bangladesh vs India, 1st ODI
India tour of Bangladesh, 2022
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
Wed, Dec 07
Bangladesh vs India, 2nd ODI
Sat, Dec 10
Bangladesh vs India, 3rd ODI
Wed, Dec 14 – Sun, Dec 18
9:30 AM IST
04:00 AM GMT | 10:00 AM LOCAL
Bangladesh vs India, 1st Test
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
Thu, Dec 22 – Mon, Dec 26
9:30 AM IST
04:00 AM GMT | 10:00 AM LOCAL
Bangladesh vs India, 2nd Test

There is some kind of magic in this      Rohit Sharma(capt),   KL Rahul (vc)

When you read the above pair it is like the great test opening pairs Hobbs and Sutcliffe, Lawry and Simpson, Greenidge and Haynes, Hayden and Langer have faded into insignificance in front of the sheer poetry that is   Rohit Sharma (capt),   KL Rahul (vc).

I mean compare our own SM Gavaskar, CPS Chauhan    with  Rohit Sharma (capt),  KL Rahul (vc)      and I  feel almost sorry for Sunny and Chetan.

Edited by AKane