Spin: what has happened to India? We can't bowl it well or play it well?

3 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Sehwag smashed him around. He hit most spinners around . Had an OK record against Warne . Didn't dominate him consistently. 

The only spinner who destroyed Sehwag was Graeme Swann. 

I'm surprised when I checked out Sehwag record in Bangladesh was 35,given his record against the spinners. 

Edited by Cloud9
3 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

I'm surprised when I checked out Sehwag record in Bangladesh was 35,given his record against the spinners. 

Yes, we tend to remember dominant knocks when the overall numbers are probably a bit different. 

From 2001, the records of Indian batsmen against spin in Tests is something like

Sehwag - average - 59. Strike rate - 92!!

SRT - average -60.

VVS Laxman - average 58 ish

Dravid - average - 79!

Clearly, Dravid and Sehwag were incredible against spin even in this group. But that strike of Sehwag's against spin is ridiculous. 

Ind batters were good at using the feet and dance down the wkt and play arial shots but these days spinners are bowling way quicker and Ind batters does not have good pull or sweep/reverse sweep shots, they are also not good at hitting straight sixes from the crease.

This is due to lack of innovative cricket at domestic level, they are still playing early 2000s t20 cricket

Edited by tapandrun
53 minutes ago, the don said:

Your spinners are terrible.

Chacha iftikhar is a more clever white ball bowler than Axar etc.

that's like saying manish pandey is better than rizwan (I remember that thread). don't be ridiculous, just as the pandey thread was ridiculous too.

axar is a limited bowler, not suited for aus. he is, however, pretty well suited for SC turning pitches.

Something happened......Axar and Ashwin are unplayable at home due to the doctored pitches.

I saw Bedi/Chandra  in India and while they were good - they never dominated like Ashwin/Axar in India. However they had a much better record outside India unlike Ashwin or even Kumble. Opposite spiners like Underwood in 1976 or Gibbs in 1974 played winning roles vs India in India.

The doctored pitches have become such that Indian spinners cannot bowl off of them.

Edited by AKane
11 minutes ago, AKane said:

Something happened......Axar and Ashwin are unplayable at home due to the doctored pitches.

I saw Bedi/Chandra  in India and while they were good - they never dominated like Ashwin/Axar in India. However they had a much better record outside India unlike Ashwin or even Kumble. Opposite spiners like Underwood in 1976 or Gibbs in 1974 played winning roles vs India in India.

The doctored pitches have become such that Indian spinners cannot bowl off of them.

Carrying 2 finger spinners (1 fake all rounder) and 1 one-dimensional leggie was the problem. We didn't even play Chahal in any match. 

Ashwin is very overated as a spinner. Tailor made pitches at home made him some success. How can livingstone and rashid bowled beautifully and deceived our batsmen while he was brutalized. Axar is straight up mediocre to be included in indian team and god knows how. TM and selectors are the real culprit unable to groom young players.

18 minutes ago, vivek04 said:

Ashwin is very overated as a spinner. Tailor made pitches at home made him some success. How can livingstone and rashid bowled beautifully and deceived our batsmen while he was brutalized. Axar is straight up mediocre to be included in indian team and god knows how. TM and selectors are the real culprit unable to groom young players.

The corrupt selectors, the bastards don't even pick the youngsters who are ready. I am still not over the fact that these haramkhors dropped Bishnoi when he almost won us the match in Asia Cup.  Selections are not on merit. Chetan Sharma the loser .. WTF do you expect. 

7 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

The corrupt selectors, the bastards don't even pick the youngsters who are ready. I am still not over the fact that these haramkhors dropped Bishnoi when he almost won us the match in Asia Cup.  Selections are not on merit. Chetan Sharma the loser .. WTF do you expect. 

he's trying to groom even bigger losers so that his last ball six vs miandad will be forgotten