How did Dravid get so overrated as coach and pull wool over our eyes?

4 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

I feel issue is different, which is current generation or new one is failing to take next step,the likes of kishan,shaw,gill even though sizzle early on but fizzle as a chink is found in their armour but issue is lack of hardwork to rectify those problems, same is with prasidh, avesh and harshal,if u are comfortable with IPL and refuse to work hard what can Dravid do

Exactly. There are one or two players who could have been included like Shaw or Mohsin, which is debatable but overall there is a serious shortage of talent for T20s. The rest of the names thrown around here are at best marginal calls. 

15 hours ago, Serpico said:

Dude prithvi was pathetic in recent ipl. Couldn't handle high pace or in swing. He might be dominating domestic bowlers in SMAT but I really doubt he can repeat that against Shaheen and Rauf. And pant even after 60 T20Is, is still piss poor, can't even dominate zimbabwe bowlers

Like Kl & Rohit are killing it. Of course you will have issues with talent that is coming up. 

you give them exposure to international cricket & hope they grow. Rather than giving KL infinity + 1 chances.

On 11/8/2022 at 7:19 AM, Dil Dil India said:

Regardless of what happens in the T20 WC now, Dravid (and Rohit) have proven to be absolutely useless as part of the management. I used to rate Dravid highly as a coach seeing what he did with the U-19 but his utterly appalling selections in picking bums like DK, Axar, Harshal, Chahal for a world tournament in Australia are shocking. We are going back to the glory trundler brigade days in Indian cricket which we finally seemed to put behind us in the days of Bewda and Kohli.

He does not pick the team. Selectors and captain do.