What are the reasons / logic behind these strange decisions by the TM and Selectors for the WC 2022

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

The deeper issue is the brand of cricket that the Indian Cricket Fraternity has usually wanted and promoted for decades.

.. Humble players and good boys 

.. Trundlers

.. Short pacers

.. Finger spinners

.. Spinners who can't turn the ball much 

.. Economical bowlers over wicket takers

.. Consolidating batsmen

.. Batters who play for individual milestones 

.. Inner coterie players who are undroppable even if they don't perform 

Just listen to the commentary of Indian domestic matches and these strong preferences becomes clearer.

Such types of players are promoted from Club Level to State Level to Internationsl Level. 

It's not lack of talent but preference for wrong type of talent at every level. 

changing the brand of cricket will, however, not change the quality of cricketers themselves. asking a tuk-tuker to go at 170-180 SR is impossible. they can buy into the philosophy and try (i.e., change their style), but they will be incapable and instead will lead to 110-120 all out.

there is little genuine talent in India. and the few that exist (e.g., sundar; bumrah) seem perpetually injured these days.

12 minutes ago, Vijy said:

changing the brand of cricket will, however, not change the quality of cricketers themselves. asking a tuk-tuker to go at 170-180 SR is impossible. they can buy into the philosophy and try (i.e., change their style), but they will be incapable and instead will lead to 110-120 all out.

there is little genuine talent in India. and the few that exist (e.g., sundar; bumrah) seem perpetually injured these days.

The change in the brand of cricket has to happen from U16 and U19 level upwards. 

Telling a 35 year old and a 30 year old to change their styles for 7 matches won't work. 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The change in the brand of cricket has to happen from U16 and U19 level upwards. 

Telling a 35 year old and a 30 year old to change their styles for 7 matches won't work. 

and the results will take a while to show. that's also my point - in the near future, there is no real talent worth speaking of and we are basically screwed. good thing that I have been strongly decreasing my influx of cricket these days.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

and the results will take a while to show. that's also my point - in the near future, there is no real talent worth speaking of and we are basically screwed. good thing that I have been strongly decreasing my influx of cricket these days.

If tried, we will see the effects in 2 or 3 years.

But it won't be tried.

Just now, express bowling said:

If tried, we will see the effects in 2 or 3 years.

But it won't be tried.

I don't think we'll see it that early. Ger revamped their football structure around 2004, and it took them till 2014 to win WC. of course cricket is a minuscule and niche sport, but I think it will take around 5 years even if such a process is implemented

53 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

Look at this Bakwaskar at 4:40 defending the seniors and doesnt want them to retire.. Sala chutiya :facepalm:

Same typical nonsense, youngsters learning from seniors,sitting with Bumrah sitting with Shami yaha tak phr bh theek then sitting with Boobie, really?

Mix of youth and eggsperience,abey kuch naya lao vahi bakvas bakvaskar ki

Inn chadermodo ko pehle ban karo commentary se

Sala khud toh pura innings khleke 36 run banata hai aur audacity dekho 2022 me t20 wc pe comment kar raha hai

21 minutes ago, Vijy said:

There is ,but there is a way to unearth them or nurture them

Look at Pakistan they were down and out but in last 2-3 years they have worked on whatever available with them

They have fasttracked the potential guys say 10 of them 2-3 came good

Their board is open to send their players in foreign leagues,this has reduced the time of preparing near ready t20 players

We can certainly do that,with our pool and money

Not long ago we defeated Australia in Australia with our 2nd and 3rd xi , although it was test,but still it can be done in LOIs as well

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

There is ,but there is a way to unearth them or nurture them

Look at Pakistan they were down and out but in last 2-3 years they have worked on whatever available with them

They have fasttracked the potential guys say 10 of them 2-3 came good

Their board is open to send their players in foreign leagues,this has reduced the time of preparing near ready t20 players

We can certainly do that,with our pool and money

Not long ago we defeated Australia in Australia with our 2nd and 3rd xi , although it was test,but still it can be done in LOIs as well

our test squads are at least tolerable, the LOIs need so much work because all the "talents" are playing 19th-20th cen cricket

India's biggest problem has been and is - Physical FITNESS. India was the most unfit team in this world cup. Besides a few guys, everyone is out of shape for international sports. You don't become world class championship caliber team with just natural talent. Look at guys like Rohit and Pant. It's embarrassing. When you can't even be average fit for a world cup, you don't deserve to win because you lack work ethic and dedication to your craft. 

In no sport anywhere would guys like Rohit, Shami, Pant, Ashwin would make the national team for a world cup. Pure talent is good but you need the work ethic to be the best everyday. 

When you're physically fit, you're more agile and your brain works better too. You become a better fielder, better runner between the wickets, quicker reflections and better shot making abilities. 

It is a shame that BCCI, selectors and coaches allow such players to represent at the world cups. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

The deeper issue is the brand of cricket that the Indian Cricket Fraternity has usually wanted and promoted for decades.

.. Trundlers

.. Short pacers

.. Finger spinners

.. Consolidating batsmen

Just listen to the commentary of Indian domestic matches and these strong preferences becomes clearer.

Such types of players are promoted from Club Level to State Level to Internationsl Level. 

Add the rat race culture to the list 

59 minutes ago, Strangering said:

India's biggest problem has been and is - Physical FITNESS. India was the most unfit team in this world cup. Besides a few guys, everyone is out of shape for international sports. You don't become world class championship caliber team with just natural talent. Look at guys like Rohit and Pant. It's embarrassing. When you can't even be average fit for a world cup, you don't deserve to win because you lack work ethic and dedication to your craft. 

In no sport anywhere would guys like Rohit, Shami, Pant, Ashwin would make the national team for a world cup. Pure talent is good but you need the work ethic to be the best everyday. 

When you're physically fit, you're more agile and your brain works better too. You become a better fielder, better runner between the wickets, quicker reflections and better shot making abilities. 

It is a shame that BCCI, selectors and coaches allow such players to represent at the world cups. 

work ethic is something that is generally missing in SC

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

What are the reasons / logic behind these strange decisions by the TM and Selectors  ?

1.  Wanting a pace bowling combination of 2 medium paced swing bowlers +  1 Slower Cutter bowler and just 1 Fast bowler for a T20 tournament in Australia ?  No tall, hit the deck pacers were chosen for these bouncy pitches.

2.  Bumrah was injured atleast a couple of months before the WC, but the replacements / backups were not played in a single preparatory T20I before the WC.  (  Shami was Bumrah's replacement and Siraj a backup to Shami ) 

Even if Bumrah were not injured, backups should always be kept ready.

3.  Harshal was projected as a first choice regular and ate up preparatory games when fit, but did not get a single match in the WC.

I don't like him but if the TM did then why this sudden turnaround ?  And if they don't like him then why did he get preparatory games ?

4.  Why wasn't any new pinch hitter opener even an option to up the ante if Rohit / Rahul failed in this aspect ?  Why weren't that many tried in this role and kept ready as backup to Rahul atleast, if not the first choice ?

5.  Why was Avesh the sole candidate for tall, hit the deck pacer during preparation ?  Why weren't one or two among Khaleel, Sen, Prasidh, Dayal, Mohsin ( If fit ) were tried ?  And we went to the WC without this type of essential pacer while many teams had multiple. 

6.  DK is a known choker in big events. Why was he brought in and then dropped at the end when he could not deliver ?  Wasn't that the most expected outcome anyway ?

7. Why was Bishnoi totally out of the picture after a really good game against Pakistan in the Asia Cup ?

On the face of it, it seems like lack of clarity of thought, lack of planning, disregard for playing conditions in Australia and disregard for types of players needed to win big LOI tournaments

Please discuss and add to these points if you deem fit.

Not only a beautiful post.

One of the best posts ever I have read on here. Congratulations.

I will follow Test Cricket and maybe white ball cricket when the kids are selected, otherwise I have lost all my passion for Indian cricket.

What is the point, when India consistently pick old players who are well passed their best over upcoming kids.

The "Madness of Indian Cricket" will continue with Dhawan and Hitman opening for India in the WC, both are finished, yet both are still in the team.

3 hours ago, Strangering said:

Its a cultural weakness. Its why India has failed at basically every single sport aside from the odd minor wins here and there.

Its also linked to wealth.

The richer the Indian the more likely he will be overweight and not care about health and fitness.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

.. Trundlers

.. Short pacers

.. Finger spinners

.. Consolidating batsmen

Imagine just how bad the team that lost to England really is, Im sure you could select an Indian 2nd XI that would beat that team.

To go into a T20 match with Hitman,KL and Kohli at 1,2,3 already places India on the backfoot, be it setting a score or reaching a target.

India also lack quality all rounders that regularly deliver. In a perfect world, we need to bat deep all the way down to 9. Allowing for room of selecting two bowlers purely for their bowling and expecting them at all to contribute with the bat.

3 hours ago, Strangering said:

India's biggest problem in addition to fitness is the IPL.

Fans are more than happy for their artificial franchise winning the IPL then team India. The players have this attitude too which compounds Indian cricket.

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

That's true.  And more than release speeds, Shami of 2022 lacks the fire and hostility of Shami of 2013 to 2020.

Totally agree. And atlesst 2 such pacers will be even better, to bowl in tandem when the ball is not moving and firing in 145 k+ yorkers at the death. 

Amazing,how clueless the selectors,desi experts have been

They carry on idea of the old today,for eg Shami and Umesh both are been discussed for their pace which was their ability in the past(say good 4-5 years ago)

They are not the same bowlers now,how out of sorts these said experts are

For pace they go back to Umesh and Shami,like back to square one

Readymade kahi nahi milta bhaiya ,banane hotey hain

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

To go into a T20 match with Hitman,KL and Kohli at 1,2,3 already places India on the backfoot, be it setting a score or reaching a target.

Add to that a long tail, you are on backfoot at the onset of game

That puts huge pressure on the MO and the LowerMO

People here have the audacity to question SKY when he's the only one who plays the game the way it should be and dont question superstar top3 (sorry Kela isn't a lamp even forget star)who consistently waste PP irrespective of conditions

What really exacerbates my hatred of Indian Cricket, is that neither the TM, BCCI or captain will want to go about exploring a new way to win.

Everything will be back to normal when we win meaningless insignificant bilateral white ball series in India. Whats worse is that 1,2,3 in Hitman, KL and Kohli will bat out most of all the overs again, thus denying any new kids any meaningful experience.

I simply cannot fathom how SKY,Pandya and Pant can bat so low in the order,  face the least amount of balls and also need to score the most amount of runs.

It sounds like utter madness.