Can we safely crown England an ATG LOI team if they win the T20 WC?

sage

56 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Yes.

They have re-written the meta of white ball cricket and done the WC double, all within a decade. The performance ceiling that this side possesses is immense and on the days that they hit that ceiling, nothing can stop them. You can have a good day with the bat, they will still win.

They have evolved as a team and now have plenty of depth in batting and bowling. 

Sri Lanka 96 also re-wrote the meta of ODI batting in the 90s but didn't have any prolonged success after that world cup.

The thing is this team is playing on flat pitches and many teams like pak and south Africa or west indies srinlanka are weak.even Australia is weaker now and India does not select the right players.

They have a new mantra but it's not unique. What they have done is fill the team with all rounders and try to pile on a high score. This approach won't work on bowler friendly or slow pitches..where they lose matches. Their credit is in backing the right kind of players but it is not a team that is feared...like the Australian teams of past. If they get jofra archer back and if the Curran and Rashid hold their form..then they might attain atg status. Also going aggressive all thru the match is not a new thing unlike what martin Crowe in 92 and Sri Lanka in 96 ushered in.

4 hours ago, straighttalk said:

The thing is this team is playing on flat pitches and many teams like pak and south Africa or west indies srinlanka are weak.even Australia is weaker now and India does not select the right players.

They have a new mantra but it's not unique. What they have done is fill the team with all rounders and try to pile on a high score. This approach won't work on bowler friendly or slow pitches..where they lose matches. Their credit is in backing the right kind of players but it is not a team that is feared...like the Australian teams of past. If they get jofra archer back and if the Curran and Rashid hold their form..then they might attain atg status. Also going aggressive all thru the match is not a new thing unlike what martin Crowe in 92 and Sri Lanka in 96 ushered in.

most pitches in LOIs are flat tracks, so their selection, approach, and players are all on the right track

40 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

If there is one team that consistently challenge England that is India due to the way Indian batting and England bowling is structured. A reason why India has won 4 series in a row against England.  I know it is bilateral. But even with B string England rarely lose bilaterals. 

yes, we would have defeatd them in 2019 , we will do it in 2023.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

If there is one team that consistently challenge England that is India due to the way Indian batting and England bowling is structured. A reason why India has won 4 series in a row against England.  I know it is bilateral. But even with B string England rarely lose bilaterals. 

I recall us losing against Eng in 2011 ODI WC when strauss, of all people, went bonkers.

I would wait to see how we do in WCs vs them, not bilaterals. as everyone knows, we are the maharajas of bilaterals.

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

I recall us losing against Eng in 2011 ODI WC when strauss, of all people, went bonkers.

I would wait to see how we do in WCs vs them, not bilaterals. as everyone knows, we are the maharajas of bilaterals.

It was a tie. Zaheer famously pulled them back with two wickets in a row

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-cricket-world-cup-2010-11-381449/india-vs-england-11th-match-group-b-433568/full-scorecard

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

That game Ian Gould(?) gave a plumb not out against Bell & we had a few dropped catches as well. As usual most teams have great luck against us, just at the right time!