Quitting ICF - Thank You All

BlueBlood

This series has proven once again that I am wasting my time and not focusing on my busy career following a cricket team that obviously doesn't care and keeps making the same mistakes.

This loss hurts more than the 2021 T20 WC and others as at that time we could blame the toss, blame Varun Chakravarthy or someone else.

It's like Indian cricket with Dravid and Rohit has gone back to 90's era where bowlers suck, fielding sucks and batting is hit or miss even though the bench strength of all-rounders and pacers for T20 format with Sundar, Thakur, Chahar, Venky Iyer, Tewatia, Mohsin, Umran, Sen, Siraj etc. is stronger than we ever had.

It's no longer fun - I enjoyed the SA series where we had Samson, Gill, Kishan, Siraj, Bishnoi and other youngsters playing their heart out.

Next we will have bilateral tours and IPL where all the mistakes will be covered up again.

Some of the people I work with already told me that IPL ratings are quite low compared to the past and advertisers don't want to shell out a premium as before. I think this IPL the ratings will be even lower as people understand that some of these players are not world champions.

I will be back before the next world cup in India. Hopefully by then we select an actual team based on merit and form rather than seniority culture.

Good luck to all and wish you the best in your personal and professional lives.

1 hour ago, BlueBlood said:

This series has proven once again that I am wasting my time and not focusing on my busy career following a cricket team that obviously doesn't care and keeps making the same mistakes.

This loss hurts more than the 2021 T20 WC and others as at that time we could blame the toss, blame Varun Chakravarthy or someone else.

It's like Indian cricket with Dravid and Rohit has gone back to 90's era where bowlers suck, fielding sucks and batting is hit or miss even though the bench strength of all-rounders and pacers for T20 format with Sundar, Thakur, Chahar, Venky Iyer, Tewatia, Mohsin, Umran, Sen, Siraj etc. is stronger than we ever had.

It's no longer fun - I enjoyed the SA series where we had Samson, Gill, Kishan, Siraj, Bishnoi and other youngsters playing their heart out.

Next we will have bilateral tours and IPL where all the mistakes will be covered up again.

Some of the people I work with already told me that IPL ratings are quite low compared to the past and advertisers don't want to shell out a premium as before. I think this IPL the ratings will be even lower as people understand that some of these players are not world champions.

I will be back before the next world cup in India. Hopefully by then we select an actual team based on merit and form rather than seniority culture.

good luck to you and the best wishes for your career

when you are back for 2023 WC, please prepare yourselves to leave ICF for even longer when we lose in 1st round - with the team of dhawan, rohit, kohli, KL, DK, pandu, jaddu, ashwin, boobi, harshal, unadcutter - and while Pak win WC or make it to finals.

Yes it does it hard, earlier when the team used to lose at least there was some indignation among the cricket fraternity and a hope for some changes to be rung in, but now any humiliation even a 10 wicket loss to Pak and a gutless semi final performance is seen as par for the course, I guess the IPL moolah negates everything. A special kind of apathy is being shown to followers of the national team and there is no reason to take it.

5 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

Everything you have quoted is correct but quitting ICF does not help. We all can join hands and demand accountability. Your quitting is not right.

7 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

These are tough and demorialising times for an Indian Cricket fan, but leaving ICF isn't the solution IMO, best way is to avoid watching matches for some time and stick to scorecard view only.
Use ICF as a forum to express your views and points across how you feel about the game of cricket, as a fan many times we feel a need to say out our opinions what we can't in front of family/friends (due to x,y,z reaons), this forum gives you that freedom.

Also, you can learn new things about cricket which you can pass on to your kids, nephews, neices etc who are planning to take up cricket as their profession.

Edited by singhvivek141
1 hour ago, Khota said:

ICF is responsible. We don't demand accountability and write articles. We need to share the blame.

Let me read that again. ICF is responsible for the humiliating early exit of India. So, we get a new wave of excellent non-jhola chap writers, influential writers like Boria, Gultoria, Vikrant, Johns, etc , and :hitler: demand accountability, will the Indian team get better?

Somebody takes their time in ICF very seriously! 

I don’t share the blame, BCCI ki aisi ki taisi!