End of road for Bhuvi, Ashwin, Axar?

Serpico

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Should be end of road for Rohit, Kohli, yes read again, Kohli, DK, Ashwin, Bhuvi and Shami. KL the opener goes too, he should re-invent himself in MO to come after Sky and facking bat with him. 

Tbh I want SKY to open with Pant. Yeah I know there is no one in the MO right now to carry on the momentum but next two years can be used to hunt the right MO players. Maybe pandya can move to 4. Sky is supreme against pace and plays lofted shots really well, he should give good momentum in the powerplay 

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

Tbh I want SKY to open with Pant. Yeah I know there is no one in the MO right now to carry on the momentum but next two years can be used to hunt the right MO players. Maybe pandya can move to 4. Sky is supreme against pace and plays lofted shots really well, he should give good momentum in the powerplay 

Sky is ideal #3 , can play in PP if need be and play on in the middle. Shaw or some explosive opener is needed in T20. Give a cushion and license to him to go after the bowlers and assurance that he won’t be dropped for 10-20 matches, India can come up with an explosive opener like Hales/Brother Das

26 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Tbh I want SKY to open with Pant. Yeah I know there is no one in the MO right now to carry on the momentum but next two years can be used to hunt the right MO players. Maybe pandya can move to 4. 

Won't be bad. KL Rahul, Samson, and one of Patidar, Gill can bat with Pandya in middle. What we can't have is a no.7 who can hit from ball 1.

Should be the end of the road for: Rohit, KL, DK, Hooda, Ashwin, Chahal, Shami, Bhuvi, Harshal. By end of the road I mean they shouldn't even be allowed inside the stadium where India is playing a white ball match:p:. Hooda, Harshal, Chahal played combined 1 match I think, but they are not international quality. 

Kohli max one more WC since he will be handy on WI pitches in 2024. 

SKY, Hardik, Arshdeep all clear.

Axar's time will come especially in WI, SC type conditions. He is a massive upgrade over Jadeja, and has a high ceiling especially in bowling, many won't agree with me but that's ok. So I'll back him as well. 

Edited by Gollum
2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Should be the end of the road for: Rohit, KL, DK, Hooda, Ashwin, Chahal, Shami, Bhuvi, Harshal. By end of the road I mean they shouldn't even be allowed inside the stadium where India is playing a white ball match:p:. Hooda, Harshal, Chahal played combined 1 match I think, but they are not international quality. 

Our only hope to avoid KL in tournaments is injury. But atleast he won't be opening anymore so less damage 

15 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Axar's time will come especially in WI, SC type conditions. He is a massive upgrade over Jadeja, and has a high ceiling especially in bowling, many won't agree with me but that's ok. So I'll back him as well. 

only in Asia

32 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Agree with whatever u hv said.     Except Arshdeep.   Yes, he can swing it.  But is a trundler by all means.  Barely bowls above 135.   Will do well in most group stage games and then choke in KO against tough opponent in a big tournament when it matters the most.  Viz: wicketless vs SL (Asia Cup KO) &  wicketless yesterday (WC KO)

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Asia ki hi baat kar rha tha bhai.

2023 WC Ind

2024 T20 WC WI

2024 CT Pak

2026 T20 WC Lanka

Throw in a few Asia Cups in between. Axar will be in his prime in this time period. 

yeah I support his inclusion too, but he can bat at 8 at max.

At no. 7 we have to find someone else if not Jaddu.

1 minute ago, Frustrated said:

Agree with whatever u hv said.     Except Arshdeep.   Yes, he can swing it.  But is a trundler by all means.  Barely bowls above 135.   Will do well in most group stage games and then choke in KO against tough opponent in a big tournament when it matters the most.  Viz: wicketless vs SL (Asia Cup KO) &  wicketless yesterday (WC KO)

He is just 23, showing good signs. Lefty, tall, swings both ways, no reason why he can't increase pace by 5 kph in coming years. Worth investing in IMO. 

Just now, Gollum said:

He is just 23, showing good signs. Lefty, tall, swings both ways, no reason why he can't increase pace by 5 kph in coming years. Worth investing in IMO. 

is also tall and seems to keep calm.

Did well considering its his first WC. Can't leave it all on him,

Axar is just there to provide paper balance and India is again making that mistake that they did with Jaddu. Jaddu atleast won us CT and improved immensely in tests. While Axar is 28 and hardly there is sign of improvement in his batting, few good looking shots here and there just doesnt make him AR. He will be good for Tests in India only where he can bat with tail and terrorize goras on those doctored pitches. These left armers who can bat just spoils the balance of team,you neither  pick proper batter nor bowler and handicap your team...

Just now, Gollum said:

Jaddu can work in ODIs, but not T20s. 

Axar at #8 sounds about right. 

yeah Jaddu at 7 in ODIs

Maybe someone like Venky Iyer or Tewatia (I know you don't rate him)

Could have played a pure bat at 7, if anyone of top 5 except Pandya could bowl 2 overs

5 hours ago, Lord said:

yeah Jaddu at 7 in ODIs

Maybe someone like Venky Iyer or Tewatia (I know you don't rate him)

Could have played a pure bat at 7, if anyone of top 5 except Pandya could bowl 2 overs

don't think jaddu is a good fit at 7 because they usually come in around overs 35-40 and need to score at high SR. he could play at 4 or 5 though.