Best Step Forward Is Rotating Captains and Foreign Coach

Khota

14 hours ago, putrevus said:

How many matches did Inzi play before his semifinal knock. You don't need 100 matches to play a match winning innings in one of match. Yuvi scored 80 odd in his first innings as batsman in ICC knockout match.

Not  Winning ICC trophies cannot be the only assessment on Shastri's coaching career. He won test series twice in Australia which might be much more tougher than winning world cup. IMO winning ICC trophies need some luck go your away unless you have a super team like Australia even Aussies needed luck in 1999 worldcup.

Shastri and Kohli did not have that luck and got outplayed in few finals.Towards the end of his captaincy stint Kohli became afraid to lose and that is why needed to go as a captain.

How many ICC Trophies did John wright and Ganguly win outright ? Not every captain and coach will win ICC trophies. It does not take away their greatness.

That is your perception after the fact.No competitor goes into a match thinking about losing.

Why don't you answer the questions I asked? It seems like you can only ask questions, but can't provide any answers. 

Lol! You think any batsman can just come out of no match practice for over a month and start scoring runs at will? Then why don't we just pick 6 debutants for KOs? You just don't get the point, do you? I understand you blindly worship Kohli, so you canmot see his flaws. Forget about ICC trophies, he couldn't even win an IPL trophy despite having some of the best batsmen in the World in the format in Gayle and DeVilliers. 

And which second series did he win in Australia? He won one series and in second one, played one Test in which India recorded its lowest ever Test total and lost badly. Rahane with a bunch of newbies won that series. So, no, Kohli didn't win it. 

On 11/18/2022 at 12:02 AM, Texan said:

Why don't you answer the questions I asked? It seems like you can only ask questions, but can't provide any answers. 

Lol! You think any batsman can just come out of no match practice for over a month and start scoring runs at will? Then why don't we just pick 6 debutants for KOs? You just don't get the point, do you? I understand you blindly worship Kohli, so you canmot see his flaws. Forget about ICC trophies, he couldn't even win an IPL trophy despite having some of the best batsmen in the World in the format in Gayle and DeVilliers. 

And which second series did he win in Australia? He won one series and in second one, played one Test in which India recorded its lowest ever Test total and lost badly. Rahane with a bunch of newbies won that series. So, no, Kohli didn't win it. 

I answered all your questions.  Sachin did not win world cup till 2011 , did it make him an inferior player. How many runs did he score in that finals. ABDV did not win any cup anywhere does it make him inferior player?

It takes a team to win tournaments.

You were talking about Shastri the coach and now jumped to Kohli.

One odd match in knockouts does not define greatness of player. 

Edited by putrevus