Why are we blaming indian players for failure

Chaos

1 hour ago, figo6762 said:

A private entity doesn’t need to disclose its stakeholders .. a private equity is exactly that private .. they will take it’s none of your business attitude . 

accountability can derived only my public opinion , public private institution will have to open the books , show P&L investment and roadmap strategies . This should be run by professionals who are in it as career not because they are entities coz of nepotism or they ex cricketers . 

Talking about a listed public limited company here.

These same moronic statements were given by many including idiotic Ganguly after last world t20. They made Kohli the captain as scapegoat.Anyway Kohli's captaincy was becoming stale but Rohit was never going to be better captain than Kohli. 

Shastri the coach had right ideas but I feel failures of knockout losses was getting to him.Instead of giving him breathing space moronic Ganguly was acting as if India was loaded with talented players and it was Shastri's fault that India was not winning cups.

They then got the most useless and gutless coach in Dravid.

Ashwin and Axar shouldn't have been selected as spinners.They were the worst spinners among all teams.. Rahul should have been kicked out after his repeated failures by Dravid.  India is still playing t20 as mini odis and I don't know  how and when that is going to change but to me lack of spinners was one of main reasons for the loss.

I know one thing for sure, These Shaws, Sampsons and Gills are not the answer. They need some experienced players who totally reinvent their game like SKY.

Selectors should be given performance based pay. In fact, the entire Indian team management pay must be performance based.

E.g if team they select wins the World Cup, then each selector gets 3-5 cr. If team ends up reaching final, give them 40 lakhs. If performance is anything below that, then selectors get nothing. Base pay should be very low for them (like 8-10 lakhs per annum). Winning Away Test in SENA should get 25 lakh bonus and winning a series in SENA should get them 2 cr bonus.

Any idiot can become a selector. Even ICF has many members who would pick better teams than this and previous selection committees. So, giving them high base pay is meaningless. Results matter.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Talking about a listed public limited company here.

Well then don’t you think it’s even worse because the P/E ratio drives the team not the winning strategy .. it will encourage even more underperforming popular players in the playing eleven . Which is what we have now .. I think it will make it worse 

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Selectors should be given performance based pay. In fact, the entire Indian team management pay must be performance based.

E.g if team they select wins the World Cup, then each selector gets 3-5 cr. If team ends up reaching final, give them 40 lakhs. If performance is anything below that, then selectors get nothing. Base pay should be very low for them (like 8-10 lakhs per annum). Winning Away Test in SENA should get 25 lakh bonus and winning a series in SENA should get them 2 cr bonus.

Any idiot can become a selector. Even ICF has many members who would pick better teams than this and previous selection committees. So, giving them high base pay is meaningless. Results matter.

100 percent agree .. performance based pay across the board .. need to have skin in the game .. 

5 hours ago, figo6762 said:

I think all the tournaments needs to be considered for selection with appropriate weights .  A normalized percentile based rating system should be developed for the selection process and the names of the player should be removed to avoid inherent bias .

factors such as physical fitness, injury status , attitude , age , along with player attributed need to be considered 

the idiots that we have for selection don’t have iota of knowledge of best for selection methods based on data 

We are selecting teams the same way we have doing for 3 decades 

we will continue to do the same for more decades

5 hours ago, figo6762 said:

Well then don’t you think it’s even worse because the P/E ratio drives the team not the winning strategy .. it will encourage even more underperforming popular players in the playing eleven . Which is what we have now .. I think it will make it worse 

The E won't come without actual performances.  Of course, the international cricket part has to be kept separate from the IPL. This company has to manage only international cricket.

Test cricket maybe affected by this model though ... unless it can be clearly explained that player quality usually comes from a solid FC Cricket and test cricket base. 

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The E won't come without actual performances.  Of course, the international cricket part has to be kept separate from the IPL. This company has to manage only international cricket.

Test cricket maybe affected by this model though ... unless it can be clearly explained that player quality usually comes from a solid FC Cricket and test cricket base. 

Can I ask you personally as you would know a lot better than me on this topic, would Rohit Sharma rather the Mumbai Indians win the IPL or India win the T20 WC if you could pick one to choose from?

I ask this, because many Indian cricketers get injured for ICC tournaments or series, but always seem to be "healthy" or recover in time for an IPL series.

Case in point, both Jaddu and Bumrah will be fit for IPL and yet both will miss also the NZ series.

Surely there needs to be a policy in place that if youre injured for team India, you become ineligible for the IPL for that yea if it is the next cricket event?

Just now, SRT100 said:

Can I ask you personally as you would know a lot better than me on this topic, would Rohit Sharma rather the Mumbai Indians win the IPL or India win the T20 WC if you could pick one to choose from?

I ask this, because many Indian cricketers get injured for ICC tournaments or series, but always seem to be "healthy" or recover in time for an IPL series.

Case in point, both Jaddu and Bumrah will be fit for IPL and yet both will miss also the NZ series.

Surely there needs to be a policy in place that if youre injured for team India, you become ineligible for the IPL for that yea if it is the next cricket event?

rohit will not win for MI if he lacks the personnel. he could win often with peak polly and peak pandu and strong bowling lineup.

3 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

It seems that IPL is a bigger priority for Captain Roihit and International cricket a bigger priority for Captain Kohli. Bumrah values International cricket a lot.

Just my opinion though, based on what I am seeing.

11 hours ago, Chaos said:

i would not drop rohit, rahul is for sure. Rohit just needs to get in his groove soon though. He killed it 2019 wc and he is damn good on aussie wickets. Rahul just drains me watching him play. Waking up at 2am in dallas and watching him play maidens made me go insane

But that was 3 years ago, which is a looong time in sports. Present day Rohit is too fat, too slow to make any impact.