BCCI set to drop many senior players from T20s (T20WC22 debacle)

zen

41 minutes ago, zen said:

That is how PTI breaks news … Why are you so worried? … Are you not tired of always supporting these seniors for no reason in the end? :lol: 

I’ll be glad , as change is good but don’t want to believe until it happens. Hamare tumhare chahne se kya hoga. You are quoting links as though they are official news. Press Trust of India usually is authentic 

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I’ll be glad , as change is good but don’t want to believe until it happens. Hamare tumhare chahne se kya hoga. You are quoting links as though they are official news. Press Trust of India usually is authentic 

PTI is authentic. I am positive that the source would have said that to PTI, which passes the news on to other agencies. 

I know you quoted something on the IPL 2023 thread, I told the same thing to you I.e. “I go by official source” when you were citing some random sources (like saying Sai Kishore is not retained by GT). This is not apples to apples as PTI is a trusted source. 

7 hours ago, asterix said:

What was the pressing need to play Oldies in the T20WC? Was there any contract signed that they’ve to play in the WC? So winning trophy doesn’t matters?

Did they used this T20WC for a farewell holiday trip? 

What will be even more painful is having to watch the same oldies + additionally Dhawan grace the 50 over WC next year. "Experience" more of the same from the oldies!

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Dhawan struggled badly even against minnow level bowling attacks like Zim and Windies last month.  He is totally finished. Should hv been permanently dropped from our ODI side.   Only reason the selectors hv retained him in the squad is becz they want to make Rohit look like Bradman.   

Hoping for a Banglawash in ODIs in December. Else these over the hill players will screw up our odi wc campaign too.

There was a line in the article which said that Seniors will concentrate on Tests and ODIs next year.

This temporary removal of seniors from T20s may just be a step to appease the public with the ODI WC and TC Final next year and  T20Is getting low importance.

All the oldies will grace our ODI Team with their presence in the WC in their full Tuktuking, Trundling and Darting glory.

Edited by express bowling
19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Don't put a cap on age.

Put a cap on low SR batters in WC matches.

Put a cap on low wickets per match bowlers in WC matches or against big teams. 

And put a cap on too many medium pacers in the squad  ( preferably not more than 1 in LOIs and 0 in Tests  )

Correct.

I couldnt care if the player was his 40s, if he was performing well.

Age is an irrelevant criteria, if that player has a good SR, performs in clutch matches and fields well.

14 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

This kind of bullshit pisses me off.

India failed miserably at the WC.

Every poster on here, see's it clearly and yet they bury their head in the sand and stick their arse in the air ignoring the obvious huge mistakes, both tactically and with personal.

6 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Dhawan struggled badly even against minnow level bowling attacks like Zim and Windies last month.  He is totally finished. Should hv been permanently dropped from our ODI side.   Only reason the selectors hv retained him in the squad is becz they want to make Rohit look like Bradman.   

Kohli used this same principle with Rahane and Pujara.

You couldnt sack Kohli from the Test side if Rahane and Pujara are under performing.

4 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Lol this shitty chapri has big mouth. Thanks to that Sydney sc pit h where he hit English trundler and able to hog some limelight. Otherwise on bouncy pitches against 140 above pace attack he is no different than kela,DK and other kachuas.